Deleted

Auctioneer 5.13 problems

Hi,
    new to these forums so am not sure if this is the right section, but I need urgent help from my fellow MMOers: the other day I downloaded Auctioneer 5.13 (the beta version) as the 5.12 is not compatible with patch 4.3. It was actually working fine and I started scanning the AH, when a guild mate wanted to show me a new mount he just got. I moved away from the AH and ported to Dalaran to speak to him. Ever since then my game has been going very slow to the point of freezing for several minutes. The connection itself is fine but the fps actually drops to 0 and I appear as though I got DC'ed from the game (running in the same spot). I completely deleted Auctioneer from my addons folder but the problem still persists. As I am not very handy with computer stuff, I wanted to know if anyone else got this problem with the 5.13 version and what I can do to fix it.
    Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

I haven't experienced that problem with that version of Auctioneer, and if you deleted it already and it still persists it's probably not the problem.

Although when you did the scan did you click that "Fast GetAll scan" button? That sometimes puts a large amount of strain on the game, but is usually resolved in a few minutes or after a reboot.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    No I actually went for the normal scan as it is usually fast enough. Whats bothering me is that it happened after I downloaded and started using the beta version as I never had this problem before on my current laptop except on my old computer trying to play TBC as it wasnt powerful enought to support the game. I tried clearing the cache but it still freezing a lot.

---------- Post added 2011-12-30 at 11:34 PM ----------

Just took out all the addons and put them back in one by one apparently NPC scan and Dps meter were giving me quite some problems. All good now