is azeroth just a glorified shanty town?

seriously im not hobophobic or anything... but perhaps some wow chars could use a home? maybe they'd be less angry then?

lets see, player characters change their outfits only once in a few months, never go to toilet, never shower (because of lack of showers in wow lore?) and dont even have a home! they are just adventuring hobos that fight for gold. now lore characters have it even worse, after the legion accidentally exploded the ONLY toilet on azeroth during WotA, nobody took a dump for years until high elves made sunwell and occupied it. another was occupied for arthas by years and now by bolvar. now another concern is that none of lore characters have their own house? the only property garrosh seems to own is his shabby throne in grommash hold, no bed, nothing. ofcourse he'll be angry and start a war against the alliance if he hasn't slept for years (like all other wow chars). blizzard could really add player housing and NPC housing for better realism, wow seems like a glorified shanty town adventure story.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    To me, the only one that seems to have a home is Varian Wrynn, theres many doors in SW keep, one of them has to be a room...

Well sure there's toilets! Do the Amberseed quest in Grizzly hills.

I change my outfit every few days, thank you very much!!

They do all that when you log out
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    seriously im not hobophobic or anything... but perhaps some wow chars could use a home? maybe they'd be less angry then?

lets see, player characters change their outfits only once in a few months, never go to toilet, never shower (because of lack of showers in wow lore?) and dont even have a home! they are just adventuring hobos that fight for gold. now lore characters have it even worse, after the legion accidentally exploded the ONLY toilet on azeroth during WotA, nobody took a dump for years until high elves made sunwell and occupied it. another was occupied for arthas by years and now by bolvar. now another concern is that none of lore characters have their own house? the only property garrosh seems to own is his shabby throne in grommash hold, no bed, nothing. ofcourse he'll be angry and start a war against the alliance if he hasn't slept for years (like all other wow chars). blizzard could really add player housing and NPC housing for better realism, wow seems like a glorified shanty town adventure story.
    That's all stuff the characters do while we're logged off.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011

Deleted
    the only problem there would be blizzard would have to make much larger settlements to accommodate the NPC, for example Stormwind would have to be increased in size 10 fold just to give housing to everyone, blizzard would then have to put a lot of work into NPC's scripting so that on a day they took toilet breaks and on nights they walk home and slept. this would never happen for one the amount of work to be put into it and it would be to much like real life as in on a night everything would shut down and play that only included the player would be possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBH, I think you're reading WAYYY too far into this. I might just feel this way because I'm not an RPer in any sense (just doesn't interest me. nothing against it at all), but.. Does it matter?

If you think about it lore-wise, at least concerning the players, we don't "exist" within the canon of lore. I remember there being a blue post about that, but I don't feel like looking it up.

It wouldn't even make sense to try and incorporate our chars into the lore... We'd, for some reason, appear out of nowhere, walk in, and somehow be MORE POWERFUL than the most powerful beings in lore (with the exception of Sargeras, but he's a Titan, soo...). We waltz right into Ragnaros' lair, kill all of his strongest lieutenants without even really trying (lets face it, in lore, we aren't allowed to die). Then lay the smack down on Rag himself... by poking him with daggers/swords/axes/etc that somehow don't melt, and, of all things, throwing FIRE at him... Wouldn't that actually make him MORE powerful? "Herp derp, here comes the pyroblast... shit, did he just get bigger?" After some amount of time... he just goes POOF, and dies...

So, before I'd be concerned about player housing, and toilet habits, I'd be concerned about the mechanics that are in place that can "break immersion".

10+ Year Old Account
    is noone getting that this was supposed to be a joke?

it should have been incredibly obvious when he called the well of eternity the only toilet in azeroth
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

I'm reminded of a saying I once heard on some D&D forums long ago: Adventurers have a profession... and that profession is "murdering hobo".

What do you mean "never shower"? It's not based on a time period with home showers. The rich would have baths, the poor/adventurers would just as soon bathe in rivers, lakes, the ocean.

And who needs toilets when you have portals to Orgrimmar?

Personally I take my mage and hunter swimming in the Valley of Wisdom every other day, that's their bath. Just swim over to the waterfall. Bam, instant shower.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    What do you mean "never shower"? It's not based on a time period with home showers. The rich would have baths, the poor/adventurers would just as soon bathe in rivers, lakes, the ocean.

And who needs toilets when you have portals to Orgrimmar?
    Another great reason mages are awesome.
    << What I Look like. ^^Shit I say.

I personally feel sorry for Topper McNabb. How many years has that poor guy been asking:

"I will gladly pay you on Tuesday for a hamburger today."

For someone who's never received his hamburger in the last 7 years he sure looks well fed for a potential occupant of a shanty town.

That said, Orgrimmar doesn't have a comparison does it? I can't recall any such NPC there who's similar in what they say.