Thread: Is Khem a tank?

Deleted

Is Khem a tank?

I ask because he seems to die an awful lot in comparison to my bounty hunters companion Mako (who I presume is a healer) - He just doesn't seem to take damage very well

At lower levels <30'ish he's great, but after that he isn't really that great. At 30 i went darkness and tanked with the Revel guy.
    Last edited by arons4; 2011-12-30 at 10:23 PM.

Deleted
    Yes, he is a tank. And a Sorcerer's best friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assassins have 2 taunts that can be used whenever Khem's taunts are off cooldown, he'll taunt back off you immediately resulting in a 30% damage reduction on him for a couple seconds. He's actually been a great tank for me up to level 46. A couple elites though I had to switch to a healer due to Khem not moving out of aoe effects and needing to save interrupts for another spell.

I'm sure Sorcerers have support abilities as well to give him better survivability.

I guess you must be using him wrong. Iv had him tank 2 or 3 elite mobs with just a bubble and me healing in DPS spec and hes fine 90% of the time. On the other hand my friends companion Mako is a nightmare to heal if it has more then 1 mob on it. Guess it's just how you gear them maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to support him a little bit, hes a companion not a player after all. I will say that it is much more challenging to play without him than it is with him. I feel kinda gimped without him in fact

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    I will say that it is much more challenging to play without him than it is with him. I feel kinda gimped without him in fact
    This. I tried Revel who helps me with a sack full of damage, but I take too much damage which leads to long downtimes. Ashara I found was't as good as revel, but as male char I want her more often to try and gain affection where possible. Talos heals me ok, but I still find Khem to keep my speed up the most in general. Maybe my apprentice which I am due to get shortly will be better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    This. I tried Revel who helps me with a sack full of damage, but I take too much damage which leads to long downtimes. Ashara I found was't as good as revel, but as male char I want her more often to try and gain affection where possible. Talos heals me ok, but I still find Khem to keep my speed up the most in general. Maybe my apprentice which I am due to get shortly will be better.
    \

Andronikus is okay. As a lightening sorc we manage to mow down shit mobs pretty fast. If I'm in a group where one of the players is a tank Ill bring Andronikus out. I mostly don't use him all that much because hes not badass like Khem Val who is pretty bad ass overalll. For serious business Khem Val comes out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    Assassins have 2 taunts that can be used whenever Khem's taunts are off cooldown, he'll taunt back off you immediately resulting in a 30% damage reduction on him for a couple seconds. He's actually been a great tank for me up to level 46. A couple elites though I had to switch to a healer due to Khem not moving out of aoe effects and needing to save interrupts for another spell.

I'm sure Sorcerers have support abilities as well to give him better survivability.
    We basically get an absorbing shield like Disc Priests which we can whack on him when we come up against goldies etc.

I think he's a pretty ok tank, but I'm only lvl 30 on my SI.

He tends to die alot on elite mobs or maybe even silver mobs, but on a normal mob group of 3-4 mobs he never goes below 70% really.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    \

Andronikus is okay. As a lightening sorc we manage to mow down shit mobs pretty fast. If I'm in a group where one of the players is a tank Ill bring Andronikus out. I mostly don't use him all that much because hes not badass like Khem Val who is pretty bad ass overalll. For serious business Khem Val comes out.
    Agreed, with lesser mobs they just fall at our feet. So no point swapping Andro and Khem every couple packs, stay with Khem. I use Ashara instead of Andro out of preference unless I know the damage output is needed, then I will use him. (#1 Khem, #2 Ashara #3 Andro - dont use Talos as I am ok for heals)

Deleted
    Yes he is, Though im using Andronikos find him better tbh. Especially above 30 you get better defences anyway.
    Leveling as a Sorcerer ( Madness)