Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

1.68 million first-week sales

For those who are curious, VGChartz is now projecting 1.68 million first-week sales (week ending December 24th). I should note that VGC's first-week estimates are often conservative and are adjusted as more data comes in.

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales-data/31584/star-wars-the-old-republic/

It was the top-selling game (on any platform, including consoles) that week.

----

Edit: I don't understand where the WoW discussion is coming from. I obviously didn't post SWTOR sales data in the SWTOR discussion forum to take a stab at WoW players or suggest that it's going to "kill" it or anything else.

On topic: I realize that VGChartz isn't especially accurate, but it's the first data/estimate out thus far and figured other people may find it interesting as well. Even if the numbers are off by +/- 100,000, they're crazy high.
    Last edited by k1037; 2011-12-31 at 02:13 AM.

You could get a pile of shit and label it as a star wars product and it would probs sell 2 million in a week tbh with ya.

Same goes for sonic and mario games.

Don't troll. - Buckwald
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-12-31 at 01:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    You could get a pile of shit and label it as a star wars product and it would probs sell 2 million in a week tbh with ya.

Billions of flies can't be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account

How insightful.

Anyhow, this is still just physical copies with the 1.68 number, and we still don't know how many ordered through Origin.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread will devolve into the state that the previous one was in relatively fast. Why can't people just leave it be?

OT thats good news for swtor.

Deleted
    never ever use vgsharts >,<

its fals info!

15+ Year Old Account

and blizzard games.

Quote Originally Posted by k1037 View Post
    For those who are curious, VGChartz is now projecting 1.68 million first-week sales (week ending December 24th). I should note that VGC's first-week estimates are often conservative and are adjusted as more data comes in.

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales-data/31584/star-wars-the-old-republic/

It was the top-selling game (on any platform, including consoles) that week.
    I don't know how realistic those figures are, seeing as their numbers on Skyrim - a game which by all accounts has made Bethesda a literal ton of cash - are so skewed.

But, in the spirit of good luck, I hope they're accurate!

Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    and blizzard games.
    Difference is blizzard games are good.

Unlike most star wars games.

Meh once that 1.98M players hit level 50 and have nothing to do because its a "story mmo" with no story left in it. Then we can count the numbers, counting them now would be useless as most players will unsub by the end of 2012.

EA fail to realize people don't want to quest forever. Didn't rift sell more copies than this also?

I think TOR will peak at about ~5M or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    Meh once that 1.98M players hit level 50 and have nothing to do because its a "story mmo" with no story left in it. Then we can count the numbers, counting them now would be useless as most players will unsub by the end of 2012.

EA fail to realize people don't want to quest forever. Didn't rift sell more copies than this also?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXjdfHLcu34

Enjoy

Also it really didn't take long for this thread to start down that path. MMO C denizens I commend you.

Never ever use VGchartz as proof of anything.

Their numbers have never been accurate and are more often than not way off the mark. All they do is take a "sample" and estimate from there. If you want to drool over numbers just wait for Bioware to announce them, they'v already announced they have 1 million subs. When we hit 2 million I'm sure they'll be shouting about it from the rooftops.

Quote Originally Posted by wg15 View Post
    still nothing. 1,68 million...as a killer for a better game? Nope.
    Not talking about killing games or determining which is a better game or worse game or whatever else. Just sharing sales data as many people have been curious.

Besides, 1.68 million in 5 days beats Cata's 1.2 million first-week sales and tops Skyrim's PC (not console) running 7-week total. No way to shrug that off as "nothing." Those are amazing numbers, and should interest anyone who follows games in general.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrybathtub View Post
    I think TOR will peak at about ~5M or so.
    No chance.
    Peak at max 3 million, and stabilizing at max 1.5m

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    No chance.
    Peak at max 3 million, and stabilizing at max 1.5m
    Even by those conservative estimates it would still be a massive success good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXjdfHLcu34

Enjoy

Also it really didn't take long for this thread to start down that path. MMO C denizens I commend you.
    Look at what? That a guild got to level 50 within 10 days and cleared the content? Content and a boss fight that looks average even for a game likes warcrafts standards? Just look at the dudes action bar it looks like he hitting 1 button every 2 seconds looks like grate boring EZ mode brain dead fun. Even rift had better end game than this. /facepalm I see nothing epic here.

personally i dont care how many people buy the game 10 million could buy it that means nothing. the real info will come after the first few months when we find out how many ACTIVE subs the game retains and from what ive played of it so far im 50/50 if i will renew my sub or just wait for guild wars 2 to finally be released

15+ Year Old Account
    EA fail to realize people don't want to quest forever.
    This is what i find interesting, being so story driven i wonder how that affects people potentially interested in playing it (or who are already playing it). Every WoW expansion people have complained about questing being boring, slow, long, or just plain hating it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at what? That a guild got to level 50 within 10 days and cleared the content? Content and a boss fight that looks average even for a game likes warcrafts standards?
    LOL Thats cute. Go read their webpage, they had nothing but positive things to say. Your estimation is sadly meaningless compared to theirs. It's alright though, keep playing Warcraft you people seem to think its okay to devolve any single fucking positive thread that anybody ever posts about this game. Eventually you'll turn on warcraft to and you can go troll their posts for a bit.

Also Deathwing was such a deep fucking encounter btw...
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2011-12-31 at 02:17 AM.