Deleted

Red face How to make a custom UI for a friend?

Hey guys

My friend isn't too great with addons and customising UI. She's been trying make her Spriest UI snazzy but can't get it to a satisfactory level. I have a Spriest and have offered to make a custom UI on my Priest and xfer the WTf files.

I'm not actually 100% sure how - or if - this will work.

What is the best way of making a UI for a friend and passing it on to her?

Thanks in advance

Happy New Year!

Okej
    copy Addons
    Inside WTF you copy the spriestfolder.(WTF-Acc-real-charackter) copy char only or you get every toons saved varible

she installs the addons.
    renames the floder to her spriest and puts it in the WTF-realm folder.

copy WTF before doing this incase it dosen't work properly so you have some to go back to.

friends did this when he transferd from realms both had droods it worked..

---------- Post added 2011-12-31 at 04:30 AM ----------

sry about the spelling ...
    Last edited by Jocke; 2011-12-31 at 03:25 AM.

Deleted
    The easiest way would be logging onto her account if such a thing is possible, then simply copying the entire Interface and WTF\Config.WTF and WTF\Account\<heraccount>\* tree.

If it is not, replace all occurrences of character and realm both in folder names and files inside WTF\Account\<accname> (well, and change that to her account name obviously - it might be a combination of numbers). Notepad++ can be helpful when it comes to mass-replacing.

I'll give a shoutout to two other programs that could make it easy:

FileSeek - Great for finding phrases (or querying strings =p) buried in folders and folders of code like the WoW SavedVariables folder.
    I recommend this one more.

Also, Bulk Rename Utility - This GUI is kind of scary but you only complete the boxes you are interested in, and it does the rest.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator