Thread: Naga+Healing

10+ Year Old Account

Naga+Healing

Okay, so I bought my 2nd Naga after giving up the first one to my girlfriend last year. I didn't like it at the time because I had no caster toons, and I was mainly using my Prot/Ret toon. Granted, I should have gave it more time, but whatever.

So Im back to the Naga after deciding I wanted all my spells to be keybound, or most of em at least. All I have done so far is download the drivers, install and etc. So now I get to the point where I have to ask....

How do you heal with the Naga? I have heard of mouseover macros, but I am not quite sure of how they work and if they do work with the Naga.

Any help? Add ons I should use with the Naga? Tips, suggestions on how to maximize my healing/dps with the Naga? I mainly play a Holy Pally. I go Ret for dailies and 2 heal fights and so on. I also play my Frost DK as well.

EDIT: Should note that I use ELVUI is my UI package. If that matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the naga on all my characters, not just casters. -- Use it in conjunction with a Logitech G13 (Nostromo-like)

I keep my "off the GCD" abilities on it, so I can be spamming my normal rotation and pop CDs with my other hand. -- It also puts most of my big CDs on their own seperate bar (of only 9 buttons, as jump, sit/move down, and push to talk are also on the Naga

Deleted
    Mouseover macros work independent of hardware. There's two variations you can choose from here.

a) Click-to-cast mouseover: You click the unit frame you want to target with the spell with a different mouse button for each spell (example: left click -> divine light, right click -> holy light, middle click -> flash of light -> shift+left -> holy shock etc.). Addons such as Clique are used to facilitate this.

b) Key-bound mouseover: You move your cursor over the unit frame you want to target then hit a key binding associated with the spell. Clique can also do this, however it's not needed if you only use keyboard buttons as the behavior can be replicated with a macro:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover]Spell name here
    Alternative macro which will default to the usual targeting if your mouseover unit is not friendly.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help][]Spell name here

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks all. I knew of the Clique Treeston, that is what I was using before but with the click to cast. I did a little more research last night, and found out more about the mouse over macros.

So far I have 14 total on my Pally alone, but can only use 12 atm that are comfortable. I think I will end up doing what Depherios does, is using regular spells like I used to, and using the Naga for big cds and such.

One question though, if I wanted to bind the naga to my NUM Pad, I switch the mouse to Num, but then how would I bind the spells to my number pad? Would I have to use the default WoW Interface?

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Bartender to make a separate bar for the Naga. It used to be a 3x4 grid just like the Naga, but is now only 3x3 as buttons 1-5 are no longer spells.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...TVqNC1NNWRtYlE <-- a spreadsheet of my keybinds, it's not perfectly clear, but can give you a window into how my bars are setup.

I try to avoid the 10key as most the keys will not work with modifier keys. If you use those.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're using ElvUI. All you have to do to numpad bind is;

1. Open spellbook.
    2. Type /hb to start the Elv bind interface.
    3. Click the Naga 1-12 button over the spell you want bound to that key.
    4. Repeat with all spells+shift/ctrl/alt modifiers you want.
    5. Heal.
    "Like the ancient tibetan philosophy states; dont start none, wont be none."
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Lord Monichromicorn?
    Where is my gooooooooooooold
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley
    Lord Monichromicorn

Wheres my candy
    da best ^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RageasaurusRex View Post
    4. Repeat with all spells+shift/ctrl/alt modifiers you want.
    Watch out for your binds if you do this with shift (if you're using the default 10key binds) as you'll be replacing your Home/End/Page Up/Page Down and arrow keys' bindings.