Crit/Surge Rating VS Power

Aright so me and my friends have been looking at end game gear, along with craftables and commendation gear. Weve notices that the main secondary stats are Power and Crit/Surge rating. For me, a Jedi Knight Sentinel, am not sure which is best. Power, increasing damage from melee and force, possible healing as well, seems like a solid choice for a main secondary stat. The end game gear also suports that. However, it may be different for some classes, and even for a Jedi Knight Sentinel it may be Crit/Surge rating instead of Power. If anyone has thought about this more in depth or have experienced it for themselves whether it be in end game pve or pvp gear, please express your opinions here.

I haven't bothered to read up too much on theorycrafting as I'm not yet level 50 (nor will I be raiding anytime soon) but for the JC/SI healers I'm almost confident it'll end up being Crit = Surge > Power/Force Power = Alacrity. You're going to need a high crit rate because the % of bonus healing from the force power on your gear is only 23% and the bonus from Power is only 20% (+ a few % from talents) -- that is incredibly small. You also need a high crit rate to ensure that you're constantly getting Consumption/whateverjedicallit for the force boost every 9 seconds to keep your regen flowing. Surge is obviously needed so that those crits are actually worthwhile.

Alacrity/Haste sounds wonderful but I imagine until heals get up to a certain threshold it won't be a highly desired stat because your force regen is ultimately going to be limited because of your 9 second minimum for the free tap and the debuff (and health drain) you get from using it normally. Being able to cast faster in a limited pool instance isn't going to help and instead will just drain you dry faster.