Deleted

Question [Question]: What is slicing and where do I learn it?

Dear MMO- Community,

jsut a quick one because I keep reading about it. What is slicing - I guess a profession - and where do I get it and at what level can I learn it and last question where do I learn it?

Thanks a million
    Saaraae

just a tip, follow ur class quest, it will lead u on the fleet (republic/imperial) once you get on the fleet press M and on the left side of the map u can check what to track, check for crew skills, first visit them all if u havent alrdy each give arround 450 xp at start ( some codex if i remember right) after u visited all.. u choose 2 gathering profesions, id choose slicing, is a good source of credits, once u learn just send ur companion do missions, at start takes like 2 - 4 minutes for each, u want to do those that reward boxes.
    By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail

Don't wait until your class quest takes you to the fleet, use the emergency fleet beacon. It's in the general tab of your abilities window, and has an 18-hour cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Don't wait until your class quest takes you to the fleet, use the emergency fleet beacon. It's in the general tab of your abilities window, and has an 18-hour cooldown.
    Why would you use your fleet beacon when you don't have a companion that can gather for you, nor any nodes on the origin worlds?
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    Why would you use your fleet beacon when you don't have a companion that can gather for you, nor any nodes on the origin worlds?
    to start at lvl 4 instead of lvl 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

I'm guessing to get the codex entries and get a couple levels.

JKs get a guest companion around level 5-6 that can go on missions for you and slicing doesn't really need nodes to be profitable. (Maybe it does now)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I'm guessing to get the codex entries and get a couple levels.
    Astonishing, just to save a minute of questing : )
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Astonishing, just to save a minute of questing : )
    A reply like that makes me think you don't like this idea for no other reason than not liking it.

The fact of the matter is, you can get a bit of an xp boost at the earliest levels by doing this, and by getting the crew skills earlier you can, you guessed it, start on them earlier, too. Besides, what else are you going to use the beacon on at level 1? You're not going to any flashpoints.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    JKs get a guest companion around level 5-6 that can go on missions for you and slicing doesn't really need nodes to be profitable. (Maybe it does now)
    Since when can a guest companion do missions for you? Maybe its me, but my guest companions always declined to work for me...
    Last edited by mmocd51a1dae13; 2011-12-31 at 10:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They nerfed Slicing in this last patch though, so if you're getting it purely because of "epic creds" you'd be better off just getting a gathering skill that actually helps your crafting skill... Slicing still turns a profit, just not as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by dingo3000 View Post
    Since when can a guest companion do missions for you? Maybe its me, but my guest companions always declined to work for me...
    I got a guest companion on my BH on tattooine and would send him off to do missions before he actually joined my party, I just assumed any guest companion could, you just need to select the companion in the crew skill mission select page and they do it for you.

Bioanalysis and scavenging are usable on the starting world. Creatures for Bio, and some droids for scavenging.

And by the way, Slicing isnt worth doing the missions anymore, just being able to pick up nodes is still ok, not even close to what it use to be.
    Last edited by Capt Froggy; 2011-12-31 at 01:04 PM.