Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you actually care about gaming and value your money at all, you would do a few hours of solid research and learn to build your own.

Not a single computer you've linked yet could play skyrim at high, much less highest, settings.

I just spent $700 upgrading my pc a few weeks back up to something that would probably break around 2k at one of those retail locations. It's just not worth it unless all you're doing is office type work.
    Gaming: i5 2500k 4.6GHz | CM Hyper 212+ | GTX 570 @ 850 | 16GB RipjawsX 1600 | Crucial M4 64GB | MSI P67A-G43 | Creative X-Fi fatality
    Media: Intel C2Q6600 | 4GB DDR3 | Silent 8500GT | Creative Audigy2 | Logitech z5300 | Samsung 40" LCD
    Server: AMD Phenom x4 9550 | 6GB DDR2 | 5TB storage | Windows Home Server 2011

Cenarius:Alliance - Meown 400.6 - 6/8Heroic

Options :
    1. Shop online; open youtube guide video; follow guide; success.
    2. Go to a small local computer store and ask for advice about what they have to offer, both in premade computers and discrete parts. Take notes, go back home and read online. Go to a different store and do the same thing. Select the one that seems the most helpful/trustworthy and buy from them either a pre-made computer or parts. Most local store will build it up for you for 35-60 $ but it will still come out much cheaper in terms of $$$ for a much better quality than buying from most "general electronics stores".

I'd avoid buying a computer that has no brands or models in its specifications. That means almost every parts are the equivalent of "no names". Not necessarily bad, but generally of lower performance/durability. Buying from a genreal electronics store also means the value/performance is disproportionate.

Examples of decently good pre-built computers in your price range :
    900 $
    1000 $
    1100 $
    Last edited by Butterland; 2012-01-01 at 08:40 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All 3 of the PCs Butterland linked are actually quite decent, nice finds!

Though I can't say I'm fond of the power supplies.... Coonix? Xion? What? Hopefully they're good enough though.
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2012-01-01 at 04:55 PM.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water