Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warning: Delete characters at own risk.

Friend of mine just shared this little gem:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=105802

My mind just boggles. I mean, if that is accurate, then it is about as clownshoes as you can get.

Prey to god that your account never gets hacked, or you dont accidently scrap a character one night after a good drunken bender.

Or you could, y'know, not get drunk and play MMOs and get an authenticator.

Good old-fashioned caution never hurt anybody.

If you get drunk and then delete ur toon its ur own fault and i agree they shouldnt restore it but im sure if you got hacked they would restore the account by just doing a roll back or something like what wow dose.

Edit: like the player said you have to type in DELETE to delete the toon so if u did that then as i said its ur own fault.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Well as the mod said "technical reasons" they cant at the moment so if your hacked you wont be getting your toon back at least not yet anyway until the feature is added. I guess the same goes for a deleted item. Its EA's customer support your dealing with here also i would not hold high hopes for anything to change soon.

If you get drunk and delete a character, that's your fault and your problem. If you get hacked, that's your fault and your problem. There are security tools available to prevent this.

If you expect the world to go around and clean up after problems you've caused for yourself, you're in for a rough life well beyond video games.

Deleted
    Great way to force people to buy the authenticators and save time on customer service don't you think?

If this is how things are done considering how much money has been pumped into this game, it does not look good.

accidentally deleting your character didn't seem like a good idea to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    ZOMG run for the hills!! Wow you just showed us the error of our ways! how could we ever consider playing a game like this!!

Seriously though.. the point of this is? Oh thats right to troll. However, I guess in one respect its good to know that you shouldn't be stupid enough to delete your characters... and hacking? well.. they have authenticators available and they have been available since like day one so.. yeah get one of those and you dont have to worry about hacks.

Beyond that if you delete your toons on a drunken bender as you say.. then I dont really see why you should get them back anyway eh? Bottom line is, its a new game they have a lot of technical details to work out and plenty of time to implement it in.

But very informative good sir, especially the clown shoes part, made me chuckle. Definitely one of the more entertaining trash talking SWTOR posts in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Friend of mine just shared this little gem:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=105802

My mind just boggles. I mean, if that is accurate, then it is about as clownshoes as you can get.

Prey to god that your account never gets hacked, or you dont accidently scrap a character one night after a good drunken bender.
    Hacked is one thing, Drunk/purpose, is another. I don't even play SWotR an I know better than this, an how whoever that is, is stupid.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

Deleted
    you want to know the reason they are not dealing with this? because they are working like mental trying to keep servers up, trying to solve quest bugs and dungeon bugs, and the amount of tickets they are getting for real problems in the game takes priority over dumb people who delete there char, i mean you get 2 warnings.... In the future when things quiet down i guess they will do it, but for now at launch when people who deleted level20s are askign for it to be fixed.... they wont

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky View Post
    Great way to force people to buy the authenticators and save time on customer service don't you think?
    Or just use the free mobile authenticator.

And the fact that you have to TYPE "DELETE" into a box, after clicking the DELETE button, and clicking YES. Not really any accident here. Just nerd rage.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is pretty great

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    ZOMG run for the hills!! Wow you just showed us the error of our ways! how could we ever consider playing a game like this!!

Seriously though.. the point of this is? Oh thats right to troll.
    Warning others = trolling?
    Okay, good to know.

15+ Year Old Account
    the point is, if your character is deleted for any reason, it can't be restored. not, HERPADERP DONT GET DRUNK N DELET CHARACTER LOLZ xD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone stupid enough to do it deserves it. "Hey d00d look at this ROFL ROFL ROFL.....im gonna be all like deleting my toon and shit.....then be all like nawwww mang to the computer guy!!1!!......WTF.....bro....not cool....whered my guy go?!?!?!?....fuck it more booze will remedy this" Thats how i imagined it went down.
    Last edited by Harry Botter; 2012-01-01 at 01:03 AM.

Honestly if you get hacked thats your fault. Free mobile authenticators are available and on top of that you should have your pc secured so all the fault is your own. If you get drunk and do it thats your fault. You lowered your brain power and went into a game and did something that was your fault and if you are old enough to drink you should be old enough to accept your mistakes. You have to find the delete button (which is pretty tiny and in a place that is kinda all alone and then type the word delete into a box that tells you it will be lost forever. If this is something to hard to grasp for people then they are in for a hard life whenever they leave mommy and daddy's house.

15+ Year Old Account
    don't get hacked.

don't be dumb while drunk.

simple.

How much more idiot proof does character deletion need to be?

Do we need more boxes you need to click? Are you sure? Are you really sure? Are you really, really sure? You know if you delete this character it's gone right, are you still sure?

Make sure to blame the game though, it's obviously their clownshoed fault.

It's unfortunate - but it's also silly to delete without being aware of whether restore is possible. You live and learn I suppose!

Meh, I've had plenty of friends who have never gotten hacked and got hacked 2-3 times after getting an authenticator. They don't use one anymore XD