Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    ZOMG run for the hills!! Wow you just showed us the error of our ways! how could we ever consider playing a game like this!!

Seriously though.. the point of this is? Oh thats right to troll. However, I guess in one respect its good to know that you shouldn't be stupid enough to delete your characters... and hacking? well.. they have authenticators available and they have been available since like day one so.. yeah get one of those and you dont have to worry about hacks.

Beyond that if you delete your toons on a drunken bender as you say.. then I dont really see why you should get them back anyway eh? Bottom line is, its a new game they have a lot of technical details to work out and plenty of time to implement it in.

But very informative good sir, especially the clown shoes part, made me chuckle. Definitely one of the more entertaining trash talking SWTOR posts in a while.
    At what point did I bash the game? The game can be quite outstanding, and for all I know may infact cure cancer when played for long enough, but that does not prevent the people running the game from doing things that are utterly, mindblowingly stupid when viewed from a technical or customer service standpoint in regards to the industry. (like, for example, the case with Rifts (i think, might have been some other recent mmo) where it was discovered that all you needed was a valid login of your own, and you could log in as ANYONE else as long as you knew their login name because their authentication system for logins was coded by a moron and the glitch had somehow never been cought)

Being unable to Recover a lost character (regardless of if it was deleted intentionally, accidentally or maliciously) is, as I said, utterly clownshoes when coming from a game in the MMO industry. Your character IS your gaming experince, where all your time, effort and everything else is invested.

As to the authenticator thing, if the statistics posted on the main page are anything to go by, only a fraction of the people playing will bother getting one. Roughly 40% of all level 85s in WoW had a Corehound pup (indicating an authenticator), and since that statistic includes all the people with multiple level 85 alts, the actual number of individual accounts is probably alot lower.

My post wasn't an attempt to troll, but more simply a warning: Don't delete characters unless you are 100% sure you are done with them, cause chances are you will never get it back, no matter how hard you beg.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2012-01-01 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    ZOMG run for the hills!! Wow you just showed us the error of our ways! how could we ever consider playing a game like this!!

Seriously though.. the point of this is? Oh thats right to troll. However, I guess in one respect its good to know that you shouldn't be stupid enough to delete your characters... and hacking? well.. they have authenticators available and they have been available since like day one so.. yeah get one of those and you dont have to worry about hacks.

Beyond that if you delete your toons on a drunken bender as you say.. then I dont really see why you should get them back anyway eh? Bottom line is, its a new game they have a lot of technical details to work out and plenty of time to implement it in.

But very informative good sir, especially the clown shoes part, made me chuckle. Definitely one of the more entertaining trash talking SWTOR posts in a while.
    Calm down, man. He's pointing out a flaw in the SWTOR system, and it could prove to be a problem if your account is hacked and they can't restore your character.

It's the people like you, who will throw around the word "troll" at anyone who remotely dislikes anything about the game, that makes the SWTOR community appear so bad.

Hi, i'm a child and as such I can't be asked to police my own actions others must bail me out of whatever trouble I create for myself. So what if I had to click two separate boxes asking if I was sure AND type delete into another little box. FIX THIS NOW BIOWARE IT"S YOUR FAULT FOR MAKING IT SO EASY TO ACCIDENTALLY DELETE MY TOONS FIXING MY MISTAKES TAKES PRIORITY OVER BUG FIXING.

Don't delete chars by 'accident'? The confirmal box is more then enough protection against it.

And, keep your account safe. Not that hard, i played WoW for roughly 7 years and never got hacked, or even had issues. Used an authenticator the past 3 years, for no particular reason, but hey.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Don't delete chars by 'accident'? The confirmal box is more then enough protection against it.

And, keep your account safe. Not that hard, i played WoW for roughly 7 years and never got hacked, or even had issues. Used an authenticator the past 3 years, for no particular reason, but hey.
    Chances are, you got lucky.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Chances are, you got lucky.
    No luck involved to be honest.
    Play safe and in turn you can.... play safe.

pretty simple!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree that if you get so drunk you delete your character, the game company should not be responsible.

And lately I have heard not one, but TWO noted Podcasters say they took their Authenticators off for one day, two different but understandable reasons, and BOTH were hacked.

More proof WoW > Star Wars

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanoria View Post
    Meh, I've had plenty of friends who have never gotten hacked and got hacked 2-3 times after getting an authenticator. They don't use one anymore XD
    i think your friends are probably lying. authenticators are 99.999% effective.

I have played WoW since launch and never been hacked. My little brother however has been hacked about 3 times since launch. Now my secondary account was hacked whenever I played online at a work computer. I have had an authenticator ever since they first became available. Once again keep your pc secure and you are secure. Honestly its the persons fault not the companies I am happy they are worried about actual problems and not peoples mistake.

The only way I can see them making it more fool proof is by having the box even more hidden, Having a box come up having you type in delete, it asking if you are sure, then asking if you are really sure, then having you click a box that said you know that the character will be gone forever, then having you type the following "I 'BOB' have agreed to permanetly delete the character 'Node' who is a jedi couselor from the bioware server which can never be restored at any time"