How Well Would This Video Card Work??

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...lUovjesz1pcUNQ

It seems to be a well-priced video card that I might consider purchasing, but if anyone has any alternate ideas I'd be glad to hear.

i7 4690K/4.7GHz | GTX 960 SSC (x2 SLI) | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Gigabyte Z97X SLI | Corsair CX600W | Corsair Air 540 Silver | Corsair H110i Cooler
    XL2430T @ 144Hz | Corsair K70 RGB Brown | Logitech G400S/800DPI+1.2 sens+Raw Input | QcK+

While that card is rated high in the top 50 price performance cards. videocardbenchmark(dot)net/gpu_value.html I have the 560 ti and i have had no trouble with it at all and it can handle everything i throw at it so i would recommend that card.

I really like EVGA, and the 560 ti is the best bang for your buck card right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Get the 560 ti instead of the 550 ti :P
    If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people - Dr. Gregory House

My brother just got the 550 ti and hes playing wow on ultra settings shadows maxed and hes getting 40 in org and 60+ everywhere else so its a decent card for the price

Quote Originally Posted by curtains View Post
    My brother just got the 550 ti and hes playing wow on ultra settings shadows maxed and hes getting 40 in org and 60+ everywhere else so its a decent card for the price
    And then he tried to play Battlefield at anywhere near decent settings and the computer case caught fire?

Go for the 560 ti, it is a WAY better card.

If your price range is $160, there are much better cards you can get for that price range: GTX 460 and the HD6850, they will also out-perform the 550 Ti easily. Also, a less expensive card is the 6770 and it will out-perform the GTX 550 Ti as well.

All around, GTX 550 Ti is a bad card.