Starting 3's and struggling a bit

So for my entire WoW career I have never done 3's, I always put them off to keep learning more. I've only done 2's and succeeded, hit 2.2k with it and it was fun. Most people are looking for experience in 3's so doing it with a 2.2k team was out of the question. I finally took initiative and bit the bullet... found a team with 1700 exp and just rolled with it. I'm a rogue and we're running RMP, I believe our record is 7-7.. losing to stupid comps like feral/ret/dk, or double dk/priest.

Do you guys think this is good progress for my first time ever doing 3's? Should I switch to an easier comp like RLS to learn the tricks of the trade? If any of you remember your first time doing 3's, how did they turn out? Was it a major success or major disaster? Just wondering how it was for other people.

Practice is key. You're doing a great job so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharnn View Post
    I started playing the game when I was 11 during BC. I actually discovered jacking off and came for the first time during a Gruul's Lair raid with my guild!

It takes a while to get used to 3s and being able to be aware of everything that's going on without getting overwhelmed. That being said, the key to success in RMP is coordination, so the problem isn't necessarily just with you. You and your teammates have to understand what the strongpoints of the comp are (CC trains, kidney bombs + sdance/shatter combos, etc.) and then learn how to pull them off via good communication. For that, there's no substitute for practice.

What did you play in 2s to get to 2.2k?

Just wondering what kind of playstyle you're used to, if you play with a healer for example, you can take everything 'slower' in 2s as mistakes doesn't end up with you or your healer getting zerged or dead, etc. etc. but I'm guessing you play double dps?

If you like playing with the mage and priest in your team stick with it unless they are absolute balls.
    I play with 2 irl buddies so I wouldn't ditch my team even if we sucked a lot. We play RMP and WLD at semi-decent levels. "Forever duelists" kind of ratings, though we have struggled a little bit with our alts(WLD) this xpac.
    First season doing 3vs3 for us could was just a mess but we still had fun. That was TBC though.

You need some time to get the flow/tactics right and learn to vibe with your team mates obviously.
    With a control comp I'd advice you to not care so much about the actual wins and ratings at the start... enter games and just make sure you really nail CC chains/setups for CC/kills at the start, if you win cool if not no big deal as long as you learn/better yourself on these crucial points. Once you and your team can execute things like that without too much problems/thought the ratings will come as a result.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

RMP is a tough comp dude, and as a rogue you really need to be pro since most people will tunnel your priest or Mage.

And also going from 2s to 3s is a huge jump. you just need some experience and practice with your partners.

id probably learn to sync ur burst with the mage in 2v2 too... especially at times ur both on but the priest isnt.

itll also allow u to go defensive get resets without the priests help, thus adding the priest you'll feel all imba mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    RMP is a tough comp dude, and as a rogue you really need to be pro since most people will tunnel your priest or Mage.

And also going from 2s to 3s is a huge jump. you just need some experience and practice with your partners.
    I'm actually switching to RLS, I don't think I'm ready for RMP just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    So for my entire WoW career I have never done 3's, I always put them off to keep learning more. I've only done 2's and succeeded, hit 2.2k with it and it was fun. Most people are looking for experience in 3's so doing it with a 2.2k team was out of the question. I finally took initiative and bit the bullet... found a team with 1700 exp and just rolled with it. I'm a rogue and we're running RMP, I believe our record is 7-7.. losing to stupid comps like feral/ret/dk, or double dk/priest.

Do you guys think this is good progress for my first time ever doing 3's? Should I switch to an easier comp like RLS to learn the tricks of the trade? If any of you remember your first time doing 3's, how did they turn out? Was it a major success or major disaster? Just wondering how it was for other people.
    you wont learn anything with 14 games played. play like 300 more then ask for help

I remember 3v3 feeling like mess the first time i played it in season 7. It was hard to keep track on what was happening after playing only 2s so long. But basically as said, don't expect anything and feel ashamed of not being good. The only way to learn 3v3 is to play them a lot. You can watch videos and guides but without playing you won't get used to it. RMP is not the easiest comp to start but why would you not start to learn with a good comp instead of taking the easy way? RLS is not easy either if 3v3 overall feels new. It requires pretty much similar playstyle from the rogue too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    I'm actually switching to RLS, I don't think I'm ready for RMP just yet.
    RLS isn't much easier, to be honest. Same basics apply to both comps - line up burst, line up CC, learn to communicate with team members, peel, focus kicks, etc.

Deleted
    rmp or rls is the same, the difference is the opening, wich rmp can do a scary one, u need much practise, u cant go straight to 3s and think ur own everything for playing the 1st or 2nd top comp, u need much practise, to know ur partners well, what u can count on them, coordination etc etc, dont mind losing, just practise a lot and u get there.

aw and get a vial :> /sarcasm cheers