Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

SWTOR has an amazing community ...very friendly !

I don't know about anyone else but the community of this game is amazing . Ive not run into a single jerk so far which is like amazing coming from wow because almost everyone is a jerk in that game . Even general and such chat is always friendly . I really hope the communities stay like they are now on my server . How has your experience been on your server ?

10+ Year Old Account
    it's same here mate, and it's not really that people are any nicer then in for example warcraft but you simply HAVE to use your best side or els word spread quick on your server that you are an asshole and things get so much harder for you :-)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

10+ Year Old Account
    Every new MMO I've played starts off with a seemingly "friendlier" community. This is due to a number of reasons. Among them, the fact that all players are new and it isn't taboo to be ignorant of a place, a mechanic or a quest. Also, people are much more careful about what they say because they've just begun playing and losing playing time or risking a ban is rough when you only have two weeks into a game.

coming from wow because almost everyone is a jerk in that game
    Hyperbole is unnecessary and cheapens your commentary.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

Deleted
    You have never played on Basilisk droid haven't you, what a bunch of complete idiots. I will give a exemple, I was healing Mandalorions Raiders and we where wiping on the first boss and i noticed that the Juggernaut tank was in dps form so i said I can't heal you if you play that way, then the other party members say that it isn't his fault but mine (the Healer) and I was kicked

Deleted
    While discussions in channels are far better than in WoW, I've still encountered the occasional jerk that steals my quest objects over which I've been fighting mobs.

I've run in to a few douches, but the majority is much better than WoW's. I'm happy!

General Chat is usually hilarious. I've only had to put one person on Ignore since I've been playing, but I think he got banned anyways.

I love how many older people are playing. I haven't encountered a lot of kids (10-19). I can usually sit in General Chat and talk about music from the 60s-80s, old school Star Wars parodies, and a ton of other stuff. It's probably the most mature community I've encountered, and definitely the most helpful. Hell, a ton of us on my server (The Jek Jek Tar) banded together and made a server-wide LFG channel for all levels.

I'm so very tired...but I have to wait for my girlfriend to get sleepy so I can get back on TOR @.@ A gaming girlfriend can be a pain sometimes, and FFFFFFUUUU SHE ROLLED A REPUBLIC JEDI KNIGHT...
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

Well in a year when someone asks "how do I train advanced class?" in trade, everyone will say some obscure place you cant even get to at that level in response. Lets be honest, not dogging on the game at all its great, but this is the internet we are talking about.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

If the game catches on real big, you'll have plenty of jerks to play with in no time. Of course "everyone" in wow will seem like a jerk, since there are insane amounts of people playing the game. I've met plenty of excellent and lovely people in wow, people who have gone on to become real life friends and even more - and I've met people that are so obnoxious you'd think they were raised by wolves and hyenas. It's the curse of being a popular game, and it'll happen in SW:TOR too if it stays popular after the newness has faded.

Remember when wow didnt have ques for dungeons and raids and you couldnt be a dickhead and get into shit? well there it is

Quote Originally Posted by Televators View Post
    Every new MMO I've played starts off with a seemingly "friendlier" community. This is due to a number of reasons. Among them, the fact that all players are new and it isn't taboo to be ignorant of a place, a mechanic or a quest. Also, people are much more careful about what they say because they've just begun playing and losing playing time or risking a ban is rough when you only have two weeks into a game.
    I agree but im just saying it's nice to go from wow ..which I admit is an old game but a big difference ive noticed is that most of the people playing SWTOR are star wars fans ....most of the people playing wow did not even play the original Warcraft games ....they seen south park or Mr.T or Chuck Norris and joined >.< ....I think it helps to be a fan of the whole series but I could be wrong ..maybe it's just the game is new .

Quote Originally Posted by Televators View Post

Hyperbole is unnecessary and cheapens your commentary.

The thread should have ended with this post.

Enjoy it while you can, swifty's been doing some videos and we all know that swiftys fanbase is between 10 and 12 years old... brace yourselfs
    One second, let me get my tinfoil hat

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    I agree but im just saying it's nice to go from wow ..which I admit is an old game but a big difference ive noticed is that most of the people playing SWTOR are star wars fans ....most of the people playing wow did not even play the original Warcraft games ....they seen south park or Mr.T or Chuck Norris and joined >.< ....I think it helps to be a fan of the whole series but I could be wrong ..maybe it's just the game is new .
    It is the internet, you will see the exact same behavior on swtor after the game has settled in.

Well the game is really new and WoW was the same when it first came out(in my experience). I am personally playing on an RP-PVP and haven't encountered any jerks yet, just a few really annoying racist trolls. Another thing I noticed is for the most part people seem to have really unique and genuine RP names, and that makes me
    really happy for the whole immersion experience.

I have only encountered a few trollish douches so far in general chats.. but they all seemed to vanish as I think they were reported hah.. having naming violations and just being insanely racist just to get reactions out of people... so very glad Bioware seems to be enforcing these policies(especially the naming ones)

All my grouping experiences have been great so far, people being very patient because we are all so new, so things like wipes and silly mistakes have all been handled really well, lots of support and encouragement, or just getting a really big laugh out of some of those mistakes. Also people discussing classes, gear types needed, people giving recommendations and people actually being thankful for it and following the advice.

So far the whole experience has been a huge breath of fresh air, and the positive energy and helpfulness from everyone all around has just made the game even better.

And before you call me a "fanboy".. I followed the game very little, and played for a whole 4 hours during the beta weekend. Didn't plan on getting it for several months..but thankfully my little brother got it for me for Xmas.. and since then we have been having a blast! A very polished and great game. Just really hope bioware keeps up with patches, bug fixes and balances..(Pleaasee make my Dark Charge tanking ability for my Sith Assassin scale! The heal it provides is doo doo. and if it does scale it's wayyyy too underpowered and needs serious adjustments! hah..)

Quote Originally Posted by backupoffmeson View Post
    It is the internet, you will see the exact same behavior on swtor after the game has settled in.
    *the LOTRO community waves*
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Quote Originally Posted by sleekit View Post
    *the LOTRO community waves*
    Smaller games dont always fall into the internet cesspit thats true.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo View Post
    Ye as stated, WoW used to be this way too.

New game = new excitement and building relationships with people to help you get through new content together.

After a while people become dicks again.
    its not inevitable.

that relationships with people was somewhat removed form wow via mechanics.

the game also suffered because it became THE game to play in certain circles. certain circles who actually had little interest in the game beyond consonantly being able to kick arse in it so they could stand tall amongst their peer group and being able to say they were playing it.

luckily going by most of the posts i see most of these types of "on the bandwagon" people seem to be rejecting swtor. too much of a risk for them i guess. kinda makes me hope swtor slips into a tight second place behind wow and stays there...WoW can be the "in" game all it wants...
    Last edited by sleekit; 2012-01-01 at 09:27 AM.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo View Post
    Ye as stated, WoW used to be this way too.

New game = new excitement and building relationships with people to help you get through new content together.

After a while people become dicks again.
    That and people are just recently starting to do end game pve content. That's when the real jerks come out.

That will all go right out the window once combat logging becomes available (and things like recount start creeping in).

Enjoy it while it lasts.