Help needed for GTX 560!

hey there, as the title says, I have some problems with my neew graphics card, I've connected everything correctly so i don't know what's wrong
    everytime i turn my computer on, my monitor "activates", like if i turn on my computer while my monitor is already on, but instead of going through the start-up and all that, it says "monitor going to sleep", it does the same when I pull the DVI cable out of the computer, and if I plug it in while the computer is on

the only think I can think of is that my motherboard or/and my monitor is too old to cooperate with the video-card

my specs:
    GeForce inno3d GTX 560 1GB 256-bit DDR5
    760w power supply (seasonic)
    AMD phenom quad-core
    8GBs ram
    motherboard: FoxConn AM2 - RS740M03-8EKRS2H
    monitor: HP 1730

I'm a computer noob, so feel free to correct me! but please come with some suggestions too! thx in advance!

Not all monitors auto detect the input signal. Are you sure the monitor is set to DVI?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does your monitor power up when you use the old mobo gpu output? Is the DVI cable going from the GPU->Monitor the same cable you used before you got your GPU?

Deleted
    I'm just checking, because I did this one and though everything was connected...
    Do you have the GPU power cords connected? They come straight from the power suply.

no I'm not, i have a converter(?) from the VGA (which the cable from the monitor has) to DVI, I've tried both, so tha doesn't seem to be the problem

---------- Post added 2012-01-01 at 07:45 PM ----------

I'm sorry, GPU power cords?

(/total-noob-face)

I'm sorry, GPU power cords?

(/total-noob-face)
    lol... two ports on the short end of the video card.

http://www.legitreviews.com/images/r...X560-power.jpg

like, 2 6-pin thingys?

Yes, two 6 pin PCI-E connectors. In addition to the VGA-DVI adapter that came with the card, you should have 2 more adapters to connect your PSU to your card.

yeah, I'm positive that they're connected, I'll be afk for 2 minutes while I try out new stuff!

EDIT: nothing new, tried different combinations of the PCI-E cables to the video-card, still the same

---------- Post added 2012-01-01 at 08:03 PM ----------

update: tried my DVI/VGA converters, they don't work anymore :/

WTF DO?

PS: thanks a lot for the responses so far[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2012-01-01 at 08:13 PM ----------

NVM, got this one, misread it.
    Last edited by restoxpresso; 2012-01-01 at 07:19 PM.