Thread: Barber shops

Barber shops

Will GW 2 have in-game currency barber shops for adjusting hairstyles, hair colors, and other non-persistent appearance details?

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Will GW 2 have in-game currency barber shops for adjusting hairstyles, hair colors, and other non-persistent appearance details?
    I have never thought of the game having an in-game barber shop, although it would be interesting we will have to wait and see. Currently there is no information on weather or not there will be a barber shop, sorry.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

As said by the above poster, at this point we are unsure if a Barber Shop is available. However, people have tested the game on Game conventions and no announcement of any Barbershop has been made so far. It could fairly be that no Barber Shop will be available at time of release. However, the game isn't out yet and they might consider something as this planned for in the future.

well i don't think there will be a barbershop,they will probably go with the GW1 way of doing things,you will be paying for those changes!Its the logical way of doing things in my mind that is!

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't know yet. You had to pay $10 in GW1 for 3 tokens(I think). I'm hoping that they change that in GW2, at least to change hairstyle/hair color, or drastically lower the price.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering it was a paid service in gw1 and they are not charging a sub fee for gw2, I'm going to guess that changing your character's appearance in any way will be a paid service via the gw2 website.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowWhiteWolf View Post
    Considering it was a paid service in gw1 and they are not charging a sub fee for gw2, I'm going to guess that changing your character's appearance in any way will be a paid service via the gw2 website.
    It may not, they do have free server transfers afterall who knows if the hair changes will be free or not!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    We don't know yet. You had to pay $10 in GW1 for 3 tokens(I think). I'm hoping that they change that in GW2, at least to change hairstyle/hair color, or drastically lower the price.
    5 for 10$ actually. And I would rather they have an in-game barbershop that uses karma or something instead of it being a cash shop item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    5 for 10$ actually. And I would rather they have an in-game barbershop that uses karma or something instead of it being a cash shop item.
    Off topic, but your sig = greatest champ ever
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I think they could do both. Make it so you can purchase the tolkens in game for karma but at a rather steep cost or let you just pay cash to get it now if you dont want to farm the karma. I figure I'll build up enough of a karma stockpile over time that I wont have trouble buying things like this but I know some folks want instant gratification.

Who is John Galt?

iam in for cosmetics things to be purchasable.They must have ways to make profit so as long as they do that on cosmetics things that arent forced on players its ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    I think they could do both. Make it so you can purchase the tolkens in game for karma but at a rather steep cost or let you just pay cash to get it now if you dont want to farm the karma. I figure I'll build up enough of a karma stockpile over time that I wont have trouble buying things like this but I know some folks want instant gratification.
    I'd be perfectly fine with this option, it also makes more sense to me then making it purely one way or another, ESPECIALLY if it had a steep ingame price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that would be a very nice. Perhaps treat it like they will with the t stones.

For what it's worth, I agree with this being a cash shop purchase - both from a logical point of view based on GW1 and the fact that it's one way to keep a little income flowing from players.

Also for what it's worth, I fully support this concept of cosmetic items/services being in the cash shop.

If you stop and consider how good this game will be, and then consider that perhaps some/many of us play a different game now with a subscription fee, would you have any issue at all "switching" that subscription money over to paying for nice-to-have items in this game? I certainly have no issue with that, and am actually planning on making at least semi-regular spends in the cash shop from time to time simply as a way to say "thanks" for what promises to be a jaw-droppingly awesome game :-)

15+ Year Old Account
    Having more options is fine to me. I have spent thousands of gold in WoW in the barbershop there, so I know I will spend an unfortunately large amount of relevant currency on whatever recustomizing feature becomes available within reason. Maybe buying these tokens from the cash shop will open up styles that weren't available upon character creation or it can be a way to add more styles as content gets added later. Whatever happens, I like choices and I like being able to look how I want and have variety in doing so.

i don't care much about changing my character face so i won't mind one bit if it remains as it is in GW1 as a cash shop option.