10+ Year Old Account

Started playing Guild Wars

Amazon was having an end of the year sale for GW and I decided to pick it up, got the trilogy and the expansion for about $26. I only really got it to start working on the HoM stuff but I'm actually having a lot of fun. It Suffers from a lot of the issues that MMOs from that era have but its till a great change of pace from WoW. One of the most impressive things is that it actually came with a manual that is not 3 pages long and black and white! I know it does not sound like much but this new trend in manuals really annoys me.

From what I've seen it does not have a huge amount in common with GW2 but if you can find it cheap like I did I would definitively pick it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the Prophecies manual, it's a god damned story!
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    There is the free trial of GW1 available for the people that want to give it a go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    There is the free trial of GW1 available for the people that want to give it a go.
    Yeah, but that starts you out in Pre-Searing, which isn't people's most favorite thing, it's like the original human starting zone in WoW, it was the first that was made and in turn, one of the worst zones for people starting out.

That being said, I love Pre for all it's flaws.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    I love the Prophecies manual, it's a god damned story!
    Ya I actually have mine on the shelf. Its more of a collection of short stories with some bits of game control interspersed whiten. Although a bit dated it oddly enough is still relatively accurate. While there are a few new bits of the UI for the most part it has not changed much over the years. I've known some other MMO manuals that if you look at them after 5 years half the material in them is compleatly wrong.

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    Pre-searing just has something magical for me though, was the first zone I ever explored in a real MMORPG... nostalgia ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Yeah, but that starts you out in Pre-Searing, which isn't people's most favorite thing, it's like the original human starting zone in WoW, it was the first that was made and in turn, one of the worst zones for people starting out.

That being said, I love Pre for all it's flaws.
    Yea but if you actually care about the story prophecies is the best campaign by far.

Completely OT...but: greatest manual ever...Frontier Elite 2. Still on my shelf what must be 20 years later.

And FREE TRIAL! Give.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    Pre-Searing/Everything pre-Factions > All
    There, fixed it for you. Pre-Factions was amazing, never forget. However the other games weren't bad.

This reminds me that I really need to get back to work on my Hall of Monuments...

I agree with the OP, though. It's definitely a game worth at least trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite was Nightfall and absolutely hated Factions, but would highly recommend Prophecies for the story and recommend Nightfall for an easy play through.

yeah I didnt like factions much.. but I bought it to be with friends.

i liked Nightfall for the fact i mostly play by myself so Heroes were great