Poll: Is WoW A Hard Game?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Poll: Is This Game Hard Or Something?

I am friendly to new players and I don't mind helping out newbies with advice but I simply do not understand how people screw up common sense/basic/simple mechanics.

Example 1: Death Knights

You must have a level 55 to even create one. Is it 58 or 55? regardless..
    IT GIVES YOU GEAR FROM THE STARTING QUESTS.. IT GEARS YOU..

So why in the living hell do people put random weird gear on their DKs as soon as they leave Eastern Plaguelands. You know what I'm talking about.. the DKs with Int/Sta or Agi/Sta gear. Or even the really odd ones who have random +38 resist Heads or stats that make no sense to wear.

So taken from that example and grouping with many other people and classes who do something similar. Are the primary stats for classes that seriously complicated to understand?

Example 2: AOE AOE AOE

Bigger than #1, I simply can not begin to comprehend that how STANDING IN FIRE MIGHT SEEM LIKE A GOOD IDEA..

Either people just refuse to download or know what DBM is, they lack the ability to pay attention and press their abilities at the same time or a combination. I'm not fully sure but the number of people after 7 years of this game who still stand and die in AoE is mindblowing. Luckily the AoE isn't enough to kill you in LFR Finder, only enough to piss off your healers.

Get DBM! Stay out of bad stuff, win the game!

Example 3: Class Mechanics

"Hey Warlock, DI me"
    "Huh? What's that?"

JFKLDSJORIEJOWEJOIFJEWOFJ AHHHH!!!!! That's just one example but the amount of people who get to 85 and don't know their spells is growing rapidly.

Is it because leveling is so easy people don't have to learn the basic and core abilities of their class? Your class trainer gives you all of your abilities, and the tooltip even goes into depth about what it does, what its purpose is.

Perhaps I expect too much out of human civilization as a whole. I'm usually a calm person and my days of screaming at idiots for dying to stupid simple mechanics are past me but they're starting to come back I feel. When I heal BGs, people LoS me trying to chase someone down, when I do dungeons you get two types of people from my experience. There's the full decked BoA elitist who needs to post his recount of low level content or there's the newb prot warrior in cloth gear (yes.. it has happened.. more than once)

Oh and speaking of Plate wearers in cloth gear.. I DO NOT CARE IF ITS BOA IT IS NOT OK TO WEAR CLOTH BOA AS A WARRIOR!

Why don't you tell us how you really feel?

OT: wow isn't full of these people, they're not the rule, they're the exception, just move on.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You've seen warriors use clothie BoA's o.0? Interesting; I've seen a paladin do full mail agility.

Back in wrath, about when the dungeon finder came out, I got Drak'tharon keep. I didn't bother looking at anyone since its a wrath heroic, really simple. I notice the DK "tank" run ahead, death grip a mob, run back to us and just sat there. The priest nearly dies and the healer starts saying "wtf tank what are you doing" and the tank replies "go on". He runs ahead again, death grips another mob, runs back to us and we kill them, nearly dying. People start calling him stupid, yelling at him to tank. He replies "go on".
    Then I notice the lance. So, I inspect him. Argent lance, with a green sp/spirit off-hand sword. Blue quality cloth robe, green cloth shoulders. PvP trinket, and some holy pally gear.

I found the best tank in WoW.

The game itself is pretty easy, if, and I mean if you have access to information on how to best play through 3rd party mods, websites outside the game itself, or from helpful players (which are extremely rare). If you don't have access to those things (which I'd vager most "casual" players don't) it can be very difficult to figure out if what you're doing is good or not a lot of the time, especially when it comes to min/maxing. Going by the people I see in random 5 man heroics doing 5-6-7-k dps in ilvl 370+ gear, a lot of people have a hard time figureing out how to play even with access to all those resources... though I'd be willing to call those people morons.

Deleted
    I can counter nearly all of your arguments. Because some of the things you say dont make sense, actually do make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by coreygeer View Post
    Example 1: Death Knights

You must have a level 55 to even create one. Is it 58 or 55? regardless..
    IT GIVES YOU GEAR FROM THE STARTING QUESTS.. IT GEARS YOU..

So why in the living hell do people put random weird gear on their DKs as soon as they leave Eastern Plaguelands. You know what I'm talking about.. the DKs with Int/Sta or Agi/Sta gear. Or even the really odd ones who have random +38 resist Heads or stats that make no sense to wear.
    People cut gems to level JC while they level their toon. Putting in *random* gem is better than not using it at all. Int/Sta is better than 0 gem.

Thats why.

Example 2: AOE AOE AOE

Bigger than #1, I simply can not begin to comprehend that how STANDING IN FIRE MIGHT SEEM LIKE A GOOD IDEA..

Either people just refuse to download or know what DBM is, they lack the ability to pay attention and press their abilities at the same time or a combination. I'm not fully sure but the number of people after 7 years of this game who still stand and die in AoE is mindblowing. Luckily the AoE isn't enough to kill you in LFR Finder, only enough to piss off your healers.

Get DBM! Stay out of bad stuff, win the game!

I wiped on LFR loot ship a couple of weeks ago.

We had a druid ranting and raving how "people need to step out of the purple stuff, zomg how hard is it?".

Needless to say i shut him up pretty quickly when it got pointed out to him that you have to stand "in the fire".

Example 3: Class Mechanics

"Hey Warlock, DI me"
    "Huh? What's that?"

JFKLDSJORIEJOWEJOIFJEWOFJ AHHHH!!!!! That's just one example but the amount of people who get to 85 and don't know their spells is growing rapidly.

Is it because leveling is so easy people don't have to learn the basic and core abilities of their class? Your class trainer gives you all of your abilities, and the tooltip even goes into depth about what it does, what its purpose is.
    Agree. But Warlocks get asked so much, they are probably trolling you.

Perhaps I expect too much out of human civilization as a whole. I'm usually a calm person and my days of screaming at idiots for dying to stupid simple mechanics are past me but they're starting to come back I feel. When I heal BGs, people LoS me trying to chase someone down, when I do dungeons you get two types of people from my experience. There's the full decked BoA elitist who needs to post his recount of low level content or there's the newb prot warrior in cloth gear (yes.. it has happened.. more than once)

Oh and speaking of Plate wearers in cloth gear.. I DO NOT CARE IF ITS BOA IT IS NOT OK TO WEAR CLOTH BOA AS A WARRIOR!
    Ye it is.

Because you get 10% XP gain and they may not have enough to get any more BOA gear.

10% XP gain from cloth, is better than 0% XP gain from random plate.

And now you can see the logic to your arguments. As a final note, levelling is easy. You can get to 85 quite quickly naked. So min maxxing while you level does not matter one little bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think your poll is missing one option for me personally.

-This game is as hard as you make it to be.

If you raid for world first you put an incredible amount of effort into it and it requirers alot of skill. If you want to PvP 2300+ you need to infest alot of time and have alot of skill to. If you want to score all the achievement points you need to do certain things other people will never be able to do.
    Does that mean this game is not hard .. No its as hard as you want to make it, its based around your own goals so.

None of the above. The difficulty factor in this game comes 110% from how well your group works together.

10+ Year Old Account
    New things are hard. Most of us had someone tell us at some point in the game that int is bad, because you're a ret paladin. Or that you don't have to match socket colors. I know it gets old, but explaining things like this to new players can cause them to tell new players. The more people you help, the less people you have to help.

As for odd gems, +stats is +stats, things are better, true, but anything is better than nothing.

I used leather agility shoulders on my hunter for 1-75. +xp is considerably better than nothing. I'm still using the mail agility shoulders on my 71 resto/enh shammy. The xp counteracts any negative stat bonuses. Plus I can keep people up just fine.

Some people don't like mods. Some people don't know about mods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    You've seen warriors use clothie BoA's o.0? Interesting; I've seen a paladin do full mail agility.
    I was using cloth boa (got this for my mage) on my alt hunter coz I wanteed 10% increase exp and did not have enough JP for new set (and did not want farm, was lazy). So nothing wrong here unles you talking about max lvl pala.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would vote "No, the game is not hard" if you had not said anything about morons in that sentence. Because you mentioned the word "moron" in that sentence I am not voting. You don't have to be a douchebag to not find the game hard.

Deleted
    I have played this game for 7 years now, since early vanilla. I made a druid in the end of TBC, and got roughly 100 days played on it during wotlk in an end game heroic mode guild. Once we came to Cataclysm I was told to hibernate and sooth stuff.. My first thought was.. what?.. I have completely forgotten about those 2 spells, due to not using either a single time in the entire Wotlk expansion.

I found that pretty fun

Deleted
    The game is a joke, I can't see how you haven't noticed that people in general are morons but on the other hand they're not because the widest range of people play this game, first time gamers, kids, 60+ year olds, housewives, ... so you can't really blame them for being a "noob" when you've been playing the latest games for over 10 years.

They don't play this game for the competition it brings, they play it for the stories/socializing and those are the people you end up with in your LFR/Dungeons/Guild.

The game is hard but the way players play it is kind of cheating id say.
    Play without any addons, without watching videos and tactics on youtube if you want a challenge. if its still to easy try not to use vent.

People who are better then the average player with some dedication know pretty much anything about the game really so there is nothing new left to try out since everyone is pretty much very prepared for everything

Quote Originally Posted by micmacmo View Post
    Because you get 10% XP gain and they may not have enough to get any more BOA gear.

10% XP gain from cloth, is better than 0% XP gain from random plate.
    This, i leveled 3 or 4 class with my mage heirloom.

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    I would vote "No, the game is not hard" if you had not said anything about morons in that sentence.
    Pretty much this. If you have the time and the desire, you can achieve anything in WoW. A lot of people are hindered by their schedule or the people around them, but the nuts and bolts of the game aren't hard at all.
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.

Your poll options do not include the one I would go for:

The game is not hard but it is not easy to play exceptionally well.

Very few people in the game can play optimally.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    I was using cloth boa (got this for my mage) on my alt hunter coz I wanteed 10% increase exp and did not have enough JP for new set (and did not want farm, was lazy). So nothing wrong here unles you talking about max lvl pala.
    The guy was in a LFD Heroic dungeon using full mail agility as a paladin <.<

This whole poll is stupid. You can't say a game is "easy" or "hard" when there are difficulty settings. The game is easy if all you do is do solo quests and dailies, but if all you do is heroic mode raids, you might say the game is hard. This game has content that's easy, content that's somewhat challenging, and content that takes even the best players in the entire world months to master. Then there's PvP, which is also a totally subjective experience. To say this game is "easy" or "hard" is like saying that having a job is "easy" or "hard". Some jobs are easy, some jobs are hard, but they're still all part of the same game ("The game of life"). So to say that WoW is easy because it has easy content is just a moronic statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by restoxpresso View Post
    Why don't you tell us how you really feel?

OT: wow isn't full of these people, they're not the rule, they're the exception, just move on.
    Taking all his examples into account, they are become more n' more by my experience.., hence why I've completely stopped doing dungeons n' only did LFR twice, even when its time to level to 90 I'd rather take a week extra only questing my way there, then risk ending up with the "new breed"..

In my experience (and eyes) there's only one place to point the finger as to what caused all this.., but don't wanna get some blizz fan boy barking for 30 pages...