Thread: Loaded at 50

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Loaded at 50

I've been 50 for a few days and finished up Corellia quests, Belsavis Bonus Series, and did some dailies on Ilum and I'm freaking loaded with credits.

I have over a million at the moment and I've bought tons of crap. Gear for my companions, gifts out the wazoo to boost up their affection, mats to make weapons and barrels, 2 110% speeders - 1 being 99k from the Light 5 vendor, mods for gear...you name it.

Is anyone else like this? It seems like money is a joke. The way it's going, I'll have over 2 million by next weekend or more and nothing to use it on. Maybe one of the 1.5 mil speeders or the VIP bracelet.

Any word if this is the way it's supposed to be or am I missing something I should be using credits on?

You do seem to get tons from mobs + the number of mobs you end up killing on the way there makes most people fairly wealthy.

I wonder what the credit cap is though, anyone know?
    New and shiny compppppp!

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently on 9k credits at 50 /flex. Spamming gathering crewskills to make guildies implants and stims mixed with doing lv50 & hardmode flashpoints as they're pretty time consuming and dont really give any credits.

I have all the big money sinks like lv50 crafting recipes and mount skill etc though so in no real need of credits currently.

The way I put it in perspective is a rough estimate of 1000 credits = 1 WoW gold (Yes I know the evil word has come around, but a lot of us have experience in WoW and that's why 1 million seems SO BIG). So at 1,000,000 credits, you're at 1000g. The numbers aren't so crazy then. and the mount training seems to feel reasonable then: 48g at level 20, 235g at level 40, and 365g at level 50.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellery View Post
    The way I put it in perspective is a rough estimate of 1000 credits = 1 WoW gold (Yes I know the evil word has come around, but a lot of us have experience in WoW and that's why 1 million seems SO BIG). So at 1,000,000 credits, you're at 1000g. The numbers aren't so crazy then. and the mount training seems to feel reasonable then: 48g at level 20, 235g at level 40, and 365g at level 50.
    I'm tempted to agree considering most of the costs for just about anything that I've run into so far (level 40).

Do consider that most things cost a lot of credits and there are plenty of gold sinks in the game by the looks of it.

Deleted
    I'd say this pretty much sums it up. When you look at the authenticator vendor the fleet pass is 1k credits. When you are first in DK (Empire) and you have about 10-20k, this seems a bit expensive, but I imagine that ultimately this is supposed to be mega cheap (1 gold) when you hit 50.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then they better add more money sinks because the most expensive thing you can buy only costs 1.5k gold, something that can be made in less than a week.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I think of credits like yen. Just more extreme.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Slicing is redicioulus.

A guildie has had slicing since the start and already had over 1 mill credits at 41 <.<

Not sure how good it is after the nerf, but the world chests still give truckloads. I will see how it pans out, as it seems my artifice (now at 400 although I am only level 43) seems to be kicking off now on the GTN

Credits seem to be the least of your troubles, but then again, you get tons of mods and other stuff that are bound from the dailies, so not sure if there is a credit sink at all if you look away from getting every speeder in the game and all the social gear available :P

I got tons of credits but nothing to spend it on basically

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangomah View Post
    I got tons of credits but nothing to spend it on basically
    If you on Ahto City, mail them to Faluzure

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Then they better add more money sinks because the most expensive thing you can buy only costs 1.5k gold, something that can be made in less than a week.
    Repairing costs 50k. Raiding costs a lot if you're wiping

It's the same way in Aion. 100M+ Kinah is about as much as 20k Gold. Not completely sure on how it is in Credits, but I would imagine 1M Credits being about 1k Gold, maybe a bit more.
    Intel i7-5820k @ 4.5 GHz
    Asus Rampage V Extreme x99
    Asus GTX 980
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    Windows 10 Home x64

10+ Year Old Account
    There will be plenty more to spend credits on once more people hit 50. I have tons of credits as well, and I'm constantly checking the GTN for Biochem mats, gear upgrades, crafted gear, etc. No one is posting anything yet because only 5-10% of the population is at max level. ONce that number reaches 20-25% in the next week or two, the economy should begin to take shape and there will be things to buy.

Until then, you should probably be buying any cheap L50 epics you see to resell. A lot of people don't seem to realize that 40k is a downright BARGAIN on a L50 epic armor piece. I scored 2 L50 epics (one that was a crafted CRIT epic with an augment slot!) for 40k total. Total steal.

i have 200k at lvl 30, is that good? :P

The economy is just stupid right now. Everything should be priced a lot higher on the GTM. But it's so awkward to use that it makes comparing prices harder than it needs to be. People are selling epic purple items for about 15,000. When it should be about 40,000. And that's on Swiftsure, one of the bigger servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23 View Post
    The economy is just stupid right now. Everything should be priced a lot higher on the GTM. But it's so awkward to use that it makes comparing prices harder than it needs to be. People are selling epic purple items for about 15,000. When it should be about 40,000. And that's on Swiftsure, one of the bigger servers.
    Agreed, I've been selling some mods/armoring/enhancements and they range from 10k to 70k each. It's really inconsistently cuz navigating it is awkward.

Yeah. And these stupid gold spammers that always send emails to me (and hundreds of other people) despite never having bought gold saying that I can get 10k wow gold for $12....and now they're selling 10k swtor credits for $2.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    People are thinking about the TOR economy while still having WoW in their mind. 1mil credits =/= 1mil gold. 1mil credits is closer to 3-4k gold imo.

I had about 1 million credits at 50 aswell.

My advice is to try and buy cheap stuff from the market before people stop thinking of credits as WoW gold. I bought a lvl 50 epic boe for 20 000 credits and sold it for 150 000 a few days later.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    I had about 1 million credits at 50 aswell.

My advice is to try and buy cheap stuff from the market before people stop thinking of credits as WoW gold. I bought a lvl 50 epic boe for 20 000 credits and sold it for 150 000 a few days later.
    Yeah, some of the postings on the GTN are just ridiculous as people have yet to figure out the economy.

The credit sellers also crack me up with their cost per 10kc. 10k can be made in two minutes easily.