2s Mage + Hpally What spec?

Hello im currently playing at around 1600 rating in my 2s team with my hpally friend i was wondering which of the two specs (frost or fire) you guys thought was currently better with this comp for arenas? Last season we were doing well but this season i seem to just be getting destroyed in arenas. Mages name is Machêath if you need to see my toon tyvm for all feedback .

Deleted
    You'll never beat anything but double dps as this comp or people that suck... Are you sure you want to go down this path?

I don't see how anything other then frost would be even remotely viable.

Fire is too easily dispelled in 2's. You'll never get the upper hand.

Arcane will just get focused and never do any real damage.

Frost is the only spec with the control and burst needed to get a kill in a dps/heal team.

I have played this comp and we got to 1700 really easily and then the 45 min matches started rolling in. The comp is just hair pullingly frustrating once you reach teams that don't suck. Holy Pally does not bring enough to the table to help a mage get the kill. (Pally stun is on DR with deep freeze and that risks killing the mages burst potential).

Word, you're not getting far with fire/healer in 2s.

If you have to choose one choose frost, but optimally tell your pally to go ret, and you can go frost or fire.

So basically you're saying as fire once i hit 1700 its just gonna be hairpulling frustration and probably wont win, and frost would be the better alternative for the comp but its still not good?

I got fire/priest nd fire/sham to 2200 pretty easily.

When it comes down to deciding between fire and frost in that comp it's pretty easy, which one if easier for you to land kills with?

What you should do if you play fire again dps/healer is usually kill healers, get a big combustion on then followed by a blanket silence then a HoJ stun then lay a dragon's breath on them and let the dots finish them. with the right gear and rng it is very possible. Otherwise kill a dps and chain cc the healer but you know you're never guarenteed that you'll line up a cc chain on the healer while getting a good combustion on the dps.
    Last edited by notbob; 2012-01-03 at 06:30 PM.

Everyone saying fire doesn't do good in 2s clearly hasn't actually seen/tried it. You won't hit r1 with it, but you'll easily be able to hit 2200.

fire is way more fun and much less expected in 2vs2. Most people don't know how to counter it and usually fail by trying to kill the mage.

Best way to kill as fire is to waste the healer's trinket by chain ccing him, hardswitch on a hot streak onto the healer and hoj>blanket while spamming him with damage and then combust with dbreath.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    fire is way more fun and much less expected in 2vs2. Most people don't know how to counter it and usually fail by trying to kill the mage.

Best way to kill as fire is to waste the healer's trinket by chain ccing him, hardswitch on a hot streak onto the healer and hoj>blanket while spamming him with damage and then combust with dbreath.

lol....... no

Quote Originally Posted by Slickx View Post
    lol....... no
    Not sure what your reasoning behind this statement is but I always find that trying to kill a fire mage is a lot harder than killing a frost.

Plus if you train a firemage they will always have LoS to cast and setup big combustions which can be game breaking.

You leave the fire alone: he has 3 peels which he has to be close to the target to use and poly. Then you LoS him the whole game and kill his partner.