Arcane Haste Soft Cap

Hey everyone I'm trying to put in my gear into wow reforge with the new gear I got 2night since I finally got 2 piece T13. But I have no idea what I should shoot for I used to use http://milamber.ch/spellhastecap.html but it is putting me to like -133 haste not sure why.

Edit: forgot to post my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%A4der/simple

assuming u have (5%) raid buff:
    aim for 1268 rating
    this will give 1sec AB under heroism/bloodlust

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kakurra View Post
    assuming u have (5%) raid buff:
    aim for 1268 rating
    this will give 1sec AB under heroism/bloodlust
    So...this is where I'm a little confused.

I've read that the haste cap to aim for with 2 piece is 1505... Should I always "assume" that I'm getting the 5% buff and aim for 1268 instead?

Look up "Tassia" on Armory for my character.

As you can see I'm at 1485 haste... I can easily hit 1268, in which case I'm assuming I'd then reforge into crit instead?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lalicat View Post

I've read that the haste cap to aim for with 2 piece is 1505... Should I always "assume" that I'm getting the 5% buff and aim for 1268 instead?

As you can see I'm at 1485 haste... I can easily hit 1268, in which case I'm assuming I'd then reforge into crit instead?
    1505 is the breakpoint you should aim for in fire spec.
    Technically 1268 is the "soft cap" if you have t13 x2, but the longer the fight, the more valuable haste over 1268 becomes, since the BL uptime diminishes with its duration. I'd still prioritize haste>crit generally even with t13 x2

btw, don't gem haste in red sockets

Deleted

the cap with 1505 rating and 2p T13 is for fire, for arcane its 1268 rating assuming you have the 5% spellhaste buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaro View Post
    1505 is the breakpoint you should aim for in fire spec.
    Technically 1268 is the "soft cap" if you have t13 x2, but the longer the fight, the more valuable haste over 1268 becomes, since the BL uptime diminishes with its duration. I'd still prioritize haste>crit generally even with t13 x2

btw, don't gem haste in red sockets
    All right, thanks.

Also...thanks for catching that gem. For whatever reason I must have thought it was a yellow socket at the time, haha.

This is you? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...assia/advanced

The first plateau to aim for for Fire is 25% haste when fully raid buffed, as that gives you 3 extra Combustion ticks. It's a totally different beast for arcane. The actual haste rating needed to get that is where the confusion comes in.

A general assumption made is that all raiders are not Goblins, will have 5% Raid Haste (provided by Wrath of Air Totem, SPriest, Boomkin) and will have specced 3/3 in Netherwind Presence. What this assumption means is that under those conditions you only need 2005 personal Haste Rating to get 25% Haste.

When you throw 2T13 into the mix (providing 500 haste rating at 10 stacks) you will only need 1505 personal Haste Rating to reach 25% (assuming that you wait until you have 10 stacks of Stolen Time before using Combustion).

However, you are a Goblin so you only need 1858 to get to 25% Haste when fully raid buffed, or 1358 when at 10ST.

If you do 10 man raiding then it is not safe to assume that you will always get 5% Raid Haste unless you know that your raid setup allows it. I know that my 10 man raid team will always have a shaman or shadow priest present, so I can make that assumption. Some unlucky 10M raiders don't have that luxury. So it's important to know what setup is available to you.

You can also drop the required haste needed if you also know that you are going to get Dark Intent off a Warlock in your raid.

Full Haste values here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...owsperpage=250

It can arguably go either way. Rawr wants me (as a human with 4T13 397) to aim for the next plateau of 35% Haste. People here have said that Rawr favours Haste too highly in these situations and that 35%/37.5% aren't really attainable in lfr/normal mode gear. You will probably want to run your profile through SimC with a Haste heavy and Crit heavy build to see what is actually best for you.

Edit: Brain is in Fire mode, you're probably talking about Arcane? advice above is only Fire relevant.
    More edits: Yeah this is a thread about Arcane and you're talking about your Fire spec. That'll be where the confusion has come in. Apologies if this derails into a Fire thread.
    Last edited by JohnnyQuest; 2012-01-03 at 04:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, that's me!

I feel kind of derpy... Somehow missed the title of the thread being "Arcane" and not for fire.

Dude, thank-you so much for going through that bit by bit. It's hugely helpful. And thank-you for the spreadsheet! With the 3 extra Combustion ticks it makes sense that not using Combustion intelligently will cause a drop in DPS...

I was wondering how the Goblin 1% played into it... That clears that up.

Yeah, I will be doing 10 man raiding... Waiting on a 2nd guild group to form as the first didn't quite fit my evening availability. Not sure of the setup yet, so once we're settled I'll have a better idea of what buffs will be available to me.

Yeah I went for 1268. But apparently the lowest I can get my haste right now is 1306 =/