Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question Is there a bank in Guild wars 2?

Well...the title says it all...will there be a bank in Guild wars 2, where you can put your armor that you dont use etc? Thanks!

Deleted
    Anet hasn't talked about this feature yet. There was an account wide shared bank GW1 which might return.

I also found this in an interview:
    Items you put up for sale may sell while you’re offline, and the funds will be deposited in your account bank. You must be in game to put a new item up for sale, but you will be able to browse the market, bid from your account bank, or cancel your own auctions and offers while logged in to a web browser without running the game.

10+ Year Old Account

This is semi-related, I had someone ask ANet if they had plans on bringing the material storage system over from GW1. Their answer was "We don't plan on taking it in a negative direction".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    This is semi-related, I had someone ask ANet if they had plans on bringing the material storage system over from GW1. Their answer was "We don't plan on taking it in a negative direction".
    Wow, that is a great answer... I, for one, liked the material storage page in GW1, it was great to see all my mats in one place. My only critique would be that the icons were too small and you couldn't differentiate some mats from others without mousing over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Nice find. I did not know for sure either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    Nice find. I did not know for sure either.
    If you liked that, you'll like that the guy he talks to on the opposite side of the plaza is the marketplace guy (auction house)

Oh and we have no idea what this does. Hell, Guru doesn't even seem to know it exists.

Oh and we have no idea what this does. Hell, Guru doesn't even seem to know it exists.
    looks like the ingame-store to me

One of the more obvious choices is a cosmetic/QoL shop like one for GW1 here: https://secure.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/St...ory&category=4

It would be a bit strange (but possible) to have AH in game options. Of course, arenanet always promoted accessibility in its games, such as instant teleportation between locations, so having an AH that is accessible from anywhere at any time would be another candidate.

And on topic, there is most likely a bank with limited slots and you can purchase more slots for real world money, just like in GW1.

On another semi-related topic we've seen that we'll be able to have 100 bag slots on a character at the very least so there will be a good amount of inventory space to go around, banks aside. I want the crafting material tab to come over from GW1 SO badly, I can't tell you how genius that was.

i loved the account-wide bank with the crafting tab.

Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    On another semi-related topic we've seen that we'll be able to have 100 bag slots on a character at the very least so there will be a good amount of inventory space to go around, banks aside. I want the crafting material tab to come over from GW1 SO badly, I can't tell you how genius that was.
    It would have been more genius if they would have made it biger. Nice as it was 1 stack was far too little for the common crafting materials, was very easy to burn through more than 1 stack makeing new armor particularly if you had to convert to a rare one first.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    It would have been more genius if they would have made it biger. Nice as it was 1 stack was far too little for the common crafting materials, was very easy to burn through more than 1 stack makeing new armor particularly if you had to convert to a rare one first.
    Y'know, this is just a hunch from me, and I don't know as much as you folks about the game - but if ArenaNet give half as much thought to player bank/mail/storage as they have to the rest of the game (hint: I think it's likely they have!), then I think you'll find the bank/mail/storage systems they come up with will be quite dandy indeed

I can almost guarantee there will be

OT: My head is going to fucking explode on how good this game is going to be :3

Excuse my language :3

10+ Year Old Account
    If you liked that, you'll like that the guy he talks to on the opposite side of the plaza is the marketplace guy (auction house)

You scare me sometimes Mif, ya know that? o.o

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShamanTankFTW View Post
    You scare me sometimes Mif, ya know that? o.o
    Yeah. You should try his poisonous.. uh.. delicious cookies!

>.>
    <.<
    >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Yeah. You should try his poisonous.. uh.. delicious cookies!

>.>
    <.<
    >.>
    Yes, yes you should >:D

/points flamethrower in threatening manner

Deleted
    First idea that came to my mind is in-game store (transmutation stones etc)

And yes.. I think that there will be a bank (Much , much bigger Xunlai Storage please )

10+ Year Old Account
    Banks, mailboxes and auction houses; are pretty much MMO staples now. I highly doubt we will ever see an MMO without all three, ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    First idea that came to my mind is in-game store (transmutation stones etc)

And yes.. I think that there will be a bank (Much , much bigger Xunlai Storage please )
    The Transmutation Stones are no longer sold on the in-game store and can be purchased with Karma.