Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    The Transmutation Stones are no longer sold on the in-game store and can be purchased with Karma.
    They never said they wouldn't be available via the cash shop, they said that there would be a way to obtain them in-game for free as well.

What I heard via a very untrustworthy source:
    Transmutation Shards: Purchasable for karma, destroy the item stats are taken from, one time use
    Transmutation Stones: Purchasable from the cash shop, doesn't destroy item, multiple uses

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    They never said they wouldn't be available via the cash shop, they said that there would be a way to obtain them in-game for free as well.

What I heard via a very untrustworthy source:
    Transmutation Shards: Purchasable for karma, destroy the item stats are taken from, one time use
    Transmutation Stones: Purchasable from the cash shop, doesn't destroy item, multiple uses
    Ah, thanks for the clarification.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    Ah, thanks for the clarification.
    Like I said though, VERY untrustworthy source, so grain of salt and all that.
    Only repeating it because it kinda makes sense.

I wouldn't be so sure about "shards", we saw the stones in one of the newer demos already ingame buyable from a vendor.

25:23 Karma Vendor

sure, your source could be right and there are shards now. Sounds not bad either

---------- Post added 2012-02-16 at 08:08 AM ----------

on second thought: those shards would be very bad. You won't be able to transmute a low level item a second time for lv.80 if you had transmuted it before with a lower transmutation shard.

the question is: how easy is it to obtain the item? If I can craft it anytime: no problem. If it was a rare lootdrop.... damn.
    Last edited by Maarius; 2012-02-16 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    Banks, mailboxes and auction houses; are pretty much MMO staples now. I highly doubt we will ever see an MMO without all three, ever again.
    Challenge accepted.

Guild Wars 2 won't have mailboxes, or at least what you're probably used to.

Guild Wars 2 will have a mail tab, so you can mail and receive/read mail where ever you are.

Your lovely pigeon, mine's called Frank, will bring you your mail during the game.

This gave me an idea, if you receive mail you'll see a pigeon flying above you dropping your mail and fly on. If you have a group of let say... 200 people, who spam 1 person's inbox continually. Would we see hundreds of pigeons flying around?

---------- Post added 2012-02-16 at 10:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    on second thought: those shards would be very bad. You won't be able to transmute a low level item a second time for lv.80 if you had transmuted it before with a lower transmutation shard.

the question is: how easy is it to obtain the item? If I can craft it anytime: no problem. If it was a rare lootdrop.... damn.

Copper Transmutation Stone - 49 karma
    "Double-click to combine the appearance and attributes of two like items up to level 10 into one custom item."
    Tin Transmutation Stone - 300 karma
    "Double-click to combine the appearance and attributes of two like items up to level 20 into one custom item."
    Iron Transmutation Stone - 600 karma
    "Double-click to combine the appearance and attributes of two like items up to level 30 into one custom item."
    Quoted from Wiki.

Karma will be obtainable rather quickly, most DE's will give small amounts of karma and since you're probably doing DE's at a regular rate. I don't see Karma being much of an issue anymore.

^ I wonder if there is actually a pigeon or is this a weird rumor? has anyone seen the pigeon in a video or picture?

^ I wonder if there is actually a pigeon or is this a weird rumor? has anyone seen the pigeon in a video or picture?
    Yes I have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnVGEYGE8hs

At 9:38.

I saw it on a video linked before on mmo. No idea which video it was. No doubt someone with a more encyclopedic knowledge of GW2 will post it

lol! Yup...bloodhunter beat me to it and bettered it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Karma will be obtainable rather quickly, most DE's will give small amounts of karma and since you're probably doing DE's at a regular rate. I don't see Karma being much of an issue anymore.
    I know what Karma is and how it is gained the problem with the shards would be, that the item with the stats gets destroyed if you transmutate it. So you could only transmute an item with a shard once, am I wrong? Can you transmute a transmuted item? I hope this is only a rumor and they keep the transmutation stones from the vendors.

---------- Post added 2012-02-16 at 10:32 AM ----------

haha, so subtle, so great
    Last edited by Maarius; 2012-02-16 at 09:33 AM.

I know what Karma is and how it is gained the problem with the shards would be, that the item gets destroyed. So you could only transmute an item with a shard once, am I wrong? I hope this is only a rumor and they keep the transmutation stones from the vendors.
    I haven't heard anything about Shards yet, whoever made the statement please provide us with a source =)

a little asura is playing with our brains ^^

a little asura is playing with our brains ^^
    Not guilty... >.>
    /Hides suspicious looking remote control.

Holy sh^$% a pigeon?!

I'm calling mine PIDGEY!!!!

haha, so subtle, so great
    I'm quoting this because it holds so much truth.

I noticed this as well in the demo and Colin said it as his most favorite thing about GW2.

All the small things;

- Kids playing, tagging each other
    -- Kids saying stuff like; "I'm going to be the strongest Norn Warrior since Jora."
    - Townfolks talking about the change of the world
    - Townfolks bringing up references from the past
    -- History talk about GW1 and about things that have happened, some say it's false, some say it's correct. But you know the truth (if you played GW1)
    - Statues of fallen Heroes, i.e. Jora.
    - A farmer petting his Cows
    - The pigeon bringing your mail.
    - All the small details when a DE has been completed.

I'm quoting this because it holds so much truth.

I noticed this as well in the demo and Colin said it as his most favorite thing about GW2.

All the small things;

- Kids playing, tagging each other
    -- Kids saying stuff like; "I'm going to be the strongest Norn Warrior since Jora."
    - Townfolks talking about the change of the world
    - Townfolks bringing up references from the past
    -- History talk about GW1 and about things that have happened, some say it's false, some say it's correct. But you know the truth (if you played GW1)
    - Statues of fallen Heroes, i.e. Jora.
    - A farmer petting his Cows
    - The pigeon bringing your mail.
    - All the small details when a DE has been completed.
    Sorry what? You said something about Jora and I was busy nerding all over my keyboard.
    I tried to continue reading it after a few seconds, then you went and said Jora again.

Thank god you didn't mention Gwen..

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Sorry what? You said something about Jora and I was busy nerding all over my keyboard.
    I tried to continue reading it after a few seconds, then you went and said Jora again.

Thank god you didn't mention Gwen..
    Haven't heard much about Gwen, but I'm sure we'll get more references from Gwen. Since Gwen is quite the trademark from Guild Wars.

Haven't heard much about Gwen, but I'm sure we'll get more references from Gwen. Since Gwen is quite the trademark from Guild Wars.
    I still call Eye of the North GW:EN. Not sure what this crazy "EOTN" the kids keep saying stands for.
    Also, isn't one of her male ancestors in GW2? Some king or person of some type of power? Or was that Jora?

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I still call Eye of the North GW:EN. Not sure what this crazy "EOTN" the kids keep saying stands for.
    Also, isn't one of her male ancestors in GW2? Some king or person of some type of power? Or was that Jora?
    Nope, you're right. She and Keiran are Logan's ancestors.

Deleted
    <snip>

I'd like to add one thing:

Grass moving when you move on it... and it moves for spells also! That's such amazing detail they've added
    (And boob-physics? First game I ever saw having this, haha :P)

Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    I'd like to add one thing:

Grass moving when you move on it... and it moves for spells also! That's such amazing detail they've added
    (And boob-physics? First game I ever saw having this, haha :P)
    Guild Wars 1 ranger, all I'm saying.