Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Quote Originally Posted by Decan View Post
    Try this to unpark your CPU cores

- go to REGEDIT
    - Search and Find this key [ 54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00 ] without the " [ ] "
    - alternately, you can search and find the phrase " Core Parking " - again without the " "
    - either of the above searchs works and delivers the exact same results
    - delete the key(s)
    - make sure you search the whole Registry - you should find it [ from memory ] 6 times but will only be able to delete [ from memory ] the first 2 or 3 instances - dont worry about the ones you cant delete - just delete all the ones you can
    - exit the Registy
    - Shutdown Win7
    - Do a full cold shutdown and re-boot

Perfect* load balancing across all you CPU cores - no spiking - both in Windows 7 Task Manager and Sonars CPU meters

This program will also do it for you
    http://www.coderbag.com/Programming-...arking-Utility

Hope the above is of help.
    I dont think cpu usage is the problem causer in SWTOR, its the graphics. I dont see how unparking your cpu will help at all.

Deleted
    try this: (copy from another forum)

"I used to lag a lot before and the one major thing u can do is turn the shadows off.
    Now, many ppl say that you can do this in game. and you can but even after i did tht , i was still having the issue.
    What i did then was edited the client_defaults file on the SWTOR folder on my computer and voila. no more lag. my fps was 8x faster. not kidding
    do this:

Open up the folder where your game is located on C: and click on Retailclient and look into the folder and open up the file named "client_defaults.xxx" in notepad and make the following changes.
    change fullscreen from true to false
    change shadows from true to false

After i did this change, my lag days r over and even though i have a crappy computer, i dont even lag at pvp warzones or any areas in game.
    However, i found out that after each patch update they have, the file seems to go back to the way it was so u might have to do the same thing everytime there's a new patch update. "