Kiroptyric Sigel: worth getting?

Right now I have Hungerer and Arrow of Time. I am wondering about whether the Sigel is a significant (or any) upgrade.

If I change from Hungerer or Arrow, I will lose 383 Agility and gain 458 Haste. I have done the math and it is about a 1,000 EP loss, given the current value of Haste and Agility. But the proc on the Sigel is sure tempting, 2290 Agility for 15 seconds every 1 min 30 sec, as opposed to a haste proc on the Hungerer and AOT.

Shadowcraft has an error in evaluating the Sigel, so I am unable to rely on the numbers it gives me. I don't have the ability to calculate the value of the respective procs, so I am asking for help.

Does anyone have any insight into whether it is an upgrade to switch to the Sigel?

While it is tempting the i'd say no. Currently i'm not in a raiding guild, but even with the gear accessible to me it's going to be upgraded easily. Try to get Agi trinket from spine and vial of shadows from normal.

Unless you're absolutely desperate for some strong on demand burst, it's not a good trinket.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

for PVE - its not a good trinket; only fight where its shines is on tendons, on spine. other fights,its just meh...

Deleted
    Until we have a better idea of its EV I suggest you spend your VP on stuff that you do know to be upgrades.

That or convince your guildies to do a Firelands run (someone must need that staff). Hungerer 391 and Matrix Restabilizer 384 are both confirmed upgrades.
    Last edited by mmoc0b3cb0c063; 2012-01-02 at 09:05 AM.

same with the cloak from ryolith

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually the sigil has higher EP than both of those other trinkets for all specs. if you are combat use the sigil and the hungerer, if subtlety use sigil and arrow.

2290 agil every 90 seconds is amazing, no idea why you all think the trinket is garbage. It's probably the only decent think to use our VP on this patch really(at least for combat). That is until you get trinkets from Dragon Soul raid

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

This is dependent on gear.

Every upgrade I get, I re-evaluate valor point gear purchases and at every step of the way, I buy the one that offers the most dps per valor point spent.

When 4.3 came out, the neck was the biggest upgrade for me. Then the ring, then the thrown, then the trinket.

Now that I have the neck and ring, the trinket has actually surpassed the thrown. Part of this is due to the fact that prior to the necklace and ring I had not gotten no'kaled. Now I have it, so it represents a loss in secondary stats (haste and hit both decreased), the gain in haste on the valor point trinket pulled it ahead of the the thrown weapon in dps-per-vp-spent. I'm still gonna hold off on it and wait on drops in dragon soul though. One of these days an agi trinket will drop for our guild runs (which we haven't done in 2 weeks due to holidays )

It's not worth it.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Quote Originally Posted by Fogkin View Post
    Actually the sigil has higher EP than both of those other trinkets for all specs. if you are combat use the sigil and the hungerer, if subtlety use sigil and arrow.

2290 agil every 90 seconds is amazing, no idea why you all think the trinket is garbage. It's probably the only decent think to use our VP on this patch really(at least for combat). That is until you get trinkets from Dragon Soul raid
    If you're getting EP values from Shadowcraft, then you should be aware that they aren't completely accurate at the moment. Case in point: No'Kaled is overvalued by Shadowcraft. Still an upgrade over stage 1(2?) daggers, but not by as much as it says.

If used on CD, this trinket has less average agility than the 384/391 trinkets out of Firelands. It's really only good on fights that require high burst, as was already stated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Is that Hungerer heroic? Not sure what spec you are but the Sigil is higher up the list on the Combat guide on EJ, which is usually fairly up to date (though I think that's derived from Shadowcraft data... if you're concerned about that I can only suggest running live tests yourself). I haven't done much research because my FL trinkets were both better than the Sigil. The pure AGI trink is what you really want, even the LFR version. Not only is it a huge pile of AGI, it's a relief to be able to dump some haste as Combat to reduce some of the horrible haste capping in this tier.

Sigil would be very useful on Spine progression though.

Deleted
    it's not worth it for sub as it doesn't like up with dance and delaying dance by 1/2 of it's cooldown just to line it up is a massive waste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    If you're getting EP values from Shadowcraft, then you should be aware that they aren't completely accurate at the moment. Case in point: No'Kaled is overvalued by Shadowcraft. Still an upgrade over stage 1(2?) daggers, but not by as much as it says.

If used on CD, this trinket has less average agility than the 384/391 trinkets out of Firelands. It's really only good on fights that require high burst, as was already stated.

going by the EP values that ieatpaperbag has up on the EJ forums.

[Kiroptyric Sigil] 1927.54
    [Hungerer] 1780.21
    [Arrow of Time] 1765.57

this is for non-heroic version mind you and it's not just a bout the agility, it's also the static 458 haste that makes it so good for combat. 140-160 more EP is a significant upgrade to me over either trinket

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

Deleted
    This is the best spine heroic trinket you can get after WoU for the tendon burn phases.
    Other then that, only buy it if you don't have the FL/DS drop trinkets.