ToT'ing DPS-Quick Question

Just looking to verify some information I heard, does the damage bonus from ToT not stack with other bonuses? Trying to decide whether or not to ToT a Ret pally over an arms warrior. Will enrage cancel out the ToT bonus?

10+ Year Old Account
    No. It's a standalone effect that works in any and all buff combinations but it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    No. It's a standalone effect that works in any and all buff combinations but it's own.
    Incorrect. It does not stack with other % damage modifiers. So any buff that someone else has that is worded "Increases all damage done by N%", Tricks of the Trade will not stack with. It will stack with buffs that increase physical or magical damage done by N%.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is that there are no other buffs like that

Wasn't the pervailing wisdom on Alysrazor to tricks the tank because it aided the tanks in burning down the birds, particularly on heroic? Unless it stacked with the buff that the tanks got I can't see how that would make any sense. That buff was a +1000% wasn't it?

I know for a fact that ToT does not stack with Avenging Wrath as a Paladin.
    As a Prot Pally I specifically never cast AW on the pull as I know my Rogue will Tricks me.

Deleted
    tot will not stack with other "temp damg buffs" like wariors enrage or pallies wings

but will stack with stuff like arcane mages 3% as far as i know.

that said it will still transfer the threat away from you but just not provide the damg buff you were hoping ( although it will provide a "flat" 10% damg which may buff the damg of some things that the enrage would not eg a nature damg trinket proc would be improved by tricks but not the wariors 10% physical enrage type effects.

It also doesn't stack with Bestial Wrath or Arcane Power (the cooldown, not the raid buff).