Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Diop View Post
    It would be interesting to see what WoW's peak concurrent users is, I would probably guess around 1.5-2million.
    I wouldn't be surprised if SW was currently surpassing WoW in concurrency. That's not any sort of indication of anything, it's just the result of SW still having that new car smell. People are still enthralled in their class quest plots and trying to level up to 50, whereas people in WoW generally have their weekly stuff out of the way in 24 hours or less.

10+ Year Old Account
    While some people may be dissatisfied with the game I know my entire WoW guild is over here playing and we're having a ball with it! We even convinced a few naysayers who stuck with WoW to give it a try and now they're loving it as well. We usually see around 15 people online at the same time on the peak times.

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    Yeah, IMO the best thing SWTOR has done was being the difficulty back to leveling.

Actually, MODERATE difficulty. I've only wiped more than once two times on a 'story boss.' And most of the 'one-time-wipes' are due to the bosses starting with a huge fairness advantage as I, a Gunslinger, start the fights out of Cover from the story scenes.
    QFT I have 1 50 (a Gunslinger which I lvled with the cover "not being what it should be" =D) and 3 in the 20's.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    Where did I say it was hard? I said it was too time consuming; there's a massive difference
    Your sig says "SWTOR, Level 50 - December/22/2011, Shady/Shadysketchy @ Anchorhead US Empire" You got to max level in a week and it is too time consuming?
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Define "survived".

Because I can name many that are still running to this day.

Oh, wait, by "survived" you mean "dethroned WoW", don't you?
    He's obviously referring to APBv1 and The Matrix Online....

...cause last time I checked Rift, Aion, DCUO et al are all surviving just fine. 10 Million subs =/= 'surviving'....we need to get the thought out of our heads that there will EVER be another WoW. No game will peak at 12mil again. WoW did too much right at the perfect times for another company to replicate perfectly.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    Your sig says "SWTOR, Level 50 - December/22/2011, Shady/Shadysketchy @ Anchorhead US Empire" You got to max level in a week and it is too time consuming?
    Well I got in on Day 1 of Early Access, so it was nine days (4 days 7 hours /played)

Considering I can do 1-85 in only five days (2 days 22 hours /played), I'd say that SWTOR's leveling is overly time consuming
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Wotanik View Post
    Just what I expected. That's why I'm not touching the game just yet - if at all. The last beta was a good indication that the game is half-finished and not-so-polished. It may peak 2-4 million subs, but will eventually fall under "fail" category with less than million subs, AKA SWTOR the P2W/F2P. Sad but true, I really wanted to see it compete with WoW, but I guess it's time to wait for some other MMO (TSW, WoD, WH40K Online, Tera, ArcheAge, there's even rumors about a new UO) as I'm gonna quit WoW within next few months.

I really hoped that Bioware could have come up with something original, but their thought about originality is just full voiceovers and cinematics. Can't really win with those if the game itself is absolutely and utterly mediocre in all other aspects.
    I <3 these posts the most!

"I've never played but I hate it, and its doomed!"

Makes me happy like warm milk.

Also, my company has a job opening for mmo market analysists such as yourself. You seem to have a firm grasp on the market, as well as a penchant for telling the future. You could have a bright future with us. But you already knew that didn't you... being able to tell the future and all.

OT: 350k is more than fine for a game less than a month old. And for the "my entire guild is quitting" people, there are more that are signing up. I am a prime example, just picked up the game a week ago and love it. Good times.

Well I got in on Day 1 of Early Access, so it was nine days (4 days 7 hours /played)

Considering I can do 1-85 in only five days (2 days 22 hours /played), I'd say that SWTOR's leveling is overly time consuming
    Different game is different?

If you want instant gratification, go back to WoW.
    If you want to have a game that's of moderate difficulty while leveling and takes more than loldungeonfinderspam to get to cap, than buy SWTOR.

Personally, I love everything to do with SWTOR atm. Well almost. Here's looking at you, bugged guild list.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

So current WoW is the benchmark? If so I guess you are right. I would argue that current WoW leveling is not a good benchmark. They have slahsed the crap out of XP/level across the board and given you head/back/chest/shoulders to speed the leveling for you.

But your point is fair, and that is probably why this game isn't for you. I am 50 and felt hmm it went too fast, when I started WoW it seems that 1-60 took a lot longer than this.
    "Peace is a lie"

Deleted
    Considering we're still in the first few weeks (when the game is very fresh and people are leveling their first or possibly second characters), 350k doesn't sound like a whole lot.

I realize it is and I'm sure that WoW doesn't sport the most impressive numbers in comparison to it's current subscriber base but I kinda expected a higher figure.

I mean, active online players during peak hours go down over time, not up. Release month is usually the most active.

350,000 divided by 215 servers averages out to 1,627 online at once during peak hours. When I was using the wow census mod on warcraft during wotlk just to check out which servers (US only) had populations because I was looking to transfer, I ran into numbers ranging from 600-2,500 per server on the handful of servers I was looking into. I was into PVP so I made level 1 alts on both sides to do it. Averaged out over the dozen or so servers including two high pop servers (one being Mal'Ganis-US) I'd say WoW actually had that or maybe a bit less. The question isn't how many are online right now, but after one month when the monthly subscription kicks in.

I'm wondering now if I made level 1 alts on WoW and did it again across all the servers and factions during prime time would the number be higher or lower than that. Very interesting thought and with the subscriber losses over the last few quarters from WoW it wouldn't surprise me if the number was lower in WoW.

Deleted
    The legacy system will probs help with teh grind, but tbh i feel the game is kina mediocre in everything save the interactive cinematics, class storylines, decision based gaming (dark and light side)... how many would rather this be sp? i mean £9 a month for a game thats about 80% complete along with an unreleased feature (legacy), i mean dont get me wrong im loving this game to bits, however i dont see it as a MMO just a multiplayer RPG :P

So 4 extra days is time consuming when you put in four days of played time in 9 days. That just boggles my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Considering we're still in the first few weeks (when the game is very fresh and people are leveling their first or possibly second characters), 350k doesn't sound like a whole lot.

I realize it is and I'm sure that WoW doesn't sport the most impressive numbers in comparison to it's current subscriber base but I kinda expected a higher figure.

I mean, active online players during peak hours go down over time, not up. Release month is usually the most active.
    The figures don't state wether or not that was EU or US. The game is still not available in large parts of the world and the figures may actually go up on release.

Deleted
    "peak concurrent users" is a fancy way of saying "people online at the same time"
    the fact that you had to explain that makes me sad

phew i feel like watching a bunch of apes throwing their feces at eachother :S

ofc playing with friends is hillarious and whatnot but thats the same as in any other game. the fun starts to stop when a few of those friends start to quit the game because they didnt like it.
    make new friends? but all those strangers are a bunch of elitist jerks, i cant be friends with those!(irony classifying people is an elitistic trait)

star wars is just not finished yet and i advise people to wait one or two big patches until they go for it. right now theres alot of bugs that can make you go insane (important quest npc's completely missing in your instance for example) and its really a bump in the gameplayprocess each time where you have to google a solution for your problem. oh and dont try to rely on the customer service, they wont respond sooner than 2 hours after the ticket has been made, i know from personal experience :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    The figures don't state wether or not that was EU or US. The game is still not available in large parts of the world and the figures may actually go up on release.
    Point taken.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    The game does not have separate clients. The devs haven't differentiated between EU and US as of yet. It would be safe to assume that these are worldwide numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    The game does not have separate clients. The devs haven't differentiated between EU and US as of yet. It would be safe to assume that these are worldwide numbers.
    Except the software isn't for sale or distributed world wide. The main point I was trying to get is that we may see a bit of increase when that becomes the case. Hell we may even see one if and when they release a mac client.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    I <3 these posts the most!

"I've never played but I hate it, and its doomed!"

Makes me happy like warm milk.
    I actually have a character in SWTOR, that's how I'm able to criticize it.

On the other hand, I find it really fun to see how people are praising mediocre games. By all means, have fun with what ever you do, but don't be blind to the truth. SWTOR will come crashing down badly. Sadly, like I said. I really wanted SWTOR to succeed.