Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow View Post
    You shouldn't even have that file in the Data folder anymore :|

Try this :

First go to your PTR folder then the Data folder then the enGB folder

Drag the OldWorld-enGB.MPQ file out of that folder altogether. Also take out any OldWorld MPQ files you find in there. Put them all in a folder in My Documents or something , making sure you're moving them and not copying them. You want to take any OldWorld files out of the Data folder completely.

Then go in the PTR folder and delete the launcher.wtf out of the wtf folder as well as wow.mfil & wow.tfil out of the PTR folder.

Then open the launcher from the PTR folder.
    Problem is, most of us get this error when we run the INSTALLER, aka before we even have a PTR installation. I think this error is caused by trying to find this oldworld mpq file in our retail install, and then well, not finding it.

Maybe with the introduction of a 64 bit client, they will finally optimize the code to be able to run crossfire / sli. And or the ability to run an eyefinity set-up with dx11. That would be the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevecjr View Post
    Maybe with the introduction of a 64 bit client, they will finally optimize the code to be able to run crossfire / sli. And or the ability to run an eyefinity set-up with dx11. That would be the day.
    you can run eyefinity in dx11 you just need to do it in windowed mode thats what i do

Deleted
    TIME_PLAYED_ALERT = "You have been playing for %s. Excessive gameplay can cause inconvenience in your daily life.";
    Love that one

The feldrake is pretty nice. mostly a black drake with slight recoloring though. Could use a tiny bit more modification. playtime alert would attack me every day of the weekend... so pointless, hope you could turn it off.. looking forward tothe 64 bit client though, should improve memory management by a shit ton!

Deleted
    yey for 64 bit client

dem graphics

Does the new pet/mount mean the MOPevent might be Legion related? hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Bareno View Post
    Problem is, most of us get this error when we run the INSTALLER, aka before we even have a PTR installation. I think this error is caused by trying to find this oldworld mpq file in our retail install, and then well, not finding it.
    Yeah I've found some more posts on the subject.

Have sent a few emails up the MVP chain to see about getting this fixed

10+ Year Old Account
    What would the advantages be of running WoW with a 64 bit client?
    There wouldn't be many benefits that you would immediately notice. The ability for the game to utilize more than 4 GB of memory is the main point of interest, and even then that's something that wouldn't affect players for several more years, if it ever were to at all. 64-bit is a great way of making the game more "future proof", so to speak. The amount of average memory in a computer since WoW's release in 2004 has probably more than quadrupled. If that trend continues along with WoW's continued growth and evolution, there's no doubt that we could be exhausting the 32-bit address space limit altogether years down the road.

I wrote up a post over at the WoW forums several months ago that I would like to think does a fairly decent job explaining what benefits a 64-bit client would and would not bring with it. If you're interested in reading it, here's the thread:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2593046791

WoW already scales with Crossfire/SLI.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3053897547
    Last edited by Kodiack; 2012-01-05 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawstrock View Post
    Does the new pet/mount mean the MOPevent might be Legion related? hmmm
    Possibly. That would certainly be something of a rebuke to certain complaints that keep cropping up. (I hope, however, that they save actually killing Kil'jaeden for Argus.)

It might, however, just be a 'lock mount. Or a TCG reward. Or any number of other things.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow View Post
    You shouldn't even have that file in the Data folder anymore :|

Try this :

First go to your PTR folder then the Data folder then the enGB folder

Drag the OldWorld-enGB.MPQ file out of that folder altogether. Also take out any OldWorld MPQ files you find in there. Put them all in a folder in My Documents or something , making sure you're moving them and not copying them. You want to take any OldWorld files out of the Data folder completely.

Then go in the PTR folder and delete the launcher.wtf out of the wtf folder as well as wow.mfil & wow.tfil out of the PTR folder.

Then open the launcher from the PTR folder
    I would say this is right but I do NOT have a PTR version of wow installed and I'm getting this exact error as well even just trying to install it fresh.

Edit.

Found the answer on the Blizzard forums. It is a PTR installer problem. as shown in this thread here

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3863056728

Nothing we can do until they fix it.
    Last edited by cidic; 2012-01-05 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Found PTR install Error problem and answer.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pet and Mount confirmed as TCG rewards in the expansion Timewalkers: War of the Ancients

Typically x86 signifies 32 bit not 64 bit architectures which is delineated by x64. Why blizzard would change terminology like this makes it more confusing.

Deleted
    Sure hope they fix Fury.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amtah View Post
    Typically x86 signifies 32 bit not 64 bit architectures which is delineated by x64. Why blizzard would change terminology like this makes it more confusing.
    Blizzard didn't change up any terminology. The PTR is still running from a standard 32-bit executable.

---------- Post added 2012-01-06 at 11:23 PM ----------

64-bit client announced!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3881708285

Quote Originally Posted by Boltonsquad View Post
    WTB Vial of Shadows nerf and a tentacle nerf from the stupid sword!
    dont qq about it just cuz you dont have that sword or trinket lol
    im always outdpsd by rogues with [Fear] and Vengeance], so now im gonna qq that those daggers need to be nerfed.