Fire help please!

I recently started playing my mage pretty regularly since fire because fun again! I just ran a LFR the other day, and happened to turn my log on. I ended the Ultra fight at 24.5k DPS, and I feel like I should be a lot higher...simcraft shows me at roughly 32k (if I remember right).

This is the link to the log:

http : / / www . worldoflogs . com / reports / vnu8t3uhiniedzcv/analyze/dd/ source / ?s=518&e=847

(sorry, I cannot post links yet)

And my armory is Darfire on server Sargeras (Knights that say Ni). I cant get a link due to firewall at work...grrr.

I know some of my gear is unenchanted (helm/shoulders), and I need to get my tailoring maxed for the cloak enchant, but does anyone see anything else that is obviously wrong?

Simcraft is based on an average of thousands of iterations for a PERFECT rotation. plus factor in the time you are not attacking during hour of twilight.

Quote Originally Posted by timwoods View Post
    Simcraft is based on an average of thousands of iterations for a PERFECT rotation. plus factor in the time you are not attacking during hour of twilight.
    Yea, I do understand that....I just feel like there is something I should be doing better...I can see being 2-3k off on dps, but 8k off.....I feel like I am doing something wrong or missing a beat on something

Deleted
    Hi Healix,

First of all regarding you gear: you shouldn't enchant haste on bracers but intellect, you should go for int/crit orange gems and not int/haste. Change that enchant on your boots (precision for example), and put a +40 intellect in your belt instead of a int/haste one (don't respect the color of the socket of the bonus isn't +20intell at least). Can't you get another cloak? I think even the 359 one from the justice points is better (190 intell / 127 haste / 127 crit).

I'm saying this because your crit rate is extremely low (well at least reaally low), and you should get more if you can through reforging. Try playing with wowreforge a bit. You're also missing a bit of intellect, that you could get from enchanting your head/shoulders/bracers.

In my opinion, your Combustions are quite weak. Ultraxion is a 6 minutes fight, during which you can only use Combustion two times due to the fact that you only have 2xT13. Use it wisely, don't waste it with a low ignite. From what I see, you don't have LB up all the time, but only 70% of the time. Don't forget to refresh it.

I also noticed 20 Pyro! procs. You casted only 14 of them, but it could have been bad luck and double procs.

When do you click on the extra action button during the fight? 4, 3, 2 seconds before he finishes his cast? If you can, wait until the last second to click it!

Hope this helps,

Shay

English is not my native language, please correct me! Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by healix View Post
    Yea, I do understand that....I just feel like there is something I should be doing better...I can see being 2-3k off on dps, but 8k off.....I feel like I am doing something wrong or missing a beat on something
    RNG sucks sometimes