Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post

You'll have to ask them.
    I haven't seen anyone say they're afraid of SWTOR

The burden of proof is on the accuser (you)

---------- Post added 2012-01-03 at 07:42 PM ----------

Those were expansions. Not game launches.
    The Release of an Expansion shares more in common with a 2011 MMO Release, than a 2011 MMO Release shares in common with a 2004 MMO Release
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Quote Originally Posted by wg15 View Post
    And why should WoW players be scared? Because of 1,6 million players who bought the game? 8 Million less WoW has subscribers.
    Irrelevant wow did not get 8 million subscribers in it's first 3 weeks of release.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    no one in SWTOR likes to talk about WoW & no one in WoW likes to talk about SWTOR
    Idk Ald general was full of WOW is better QQ on my server...
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    I hope you realize Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, and Cataclysm all had more successful launches

Comparing an MMO Release in 2011, to one in 2004 is ineffective; the market is completely different
    Ppl already said this 10000x times, but they wont listen , they rather lurk the wow forums after some 'proof that Wow players are scared'

This entire situation is laughable tbh, this game has NOTTHING to offer besides voices and cool single player storyline.

I invite the OP to read his own posts in a couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by go4theknees View Post
    Irrelevant wow did not get 8 million subscribers in it's first 3 weeks of release.
    What game did or has?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by go4theknees View Post
    SWTOR wouldn't get 1 mil players 7 years ago in 3 weeks..

Don't compare what can't be compared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Idk Ald general was full of WOW is better QQ on my server...
    I've actually had the exact opposite experience. When people do talk about comparative games they don't necessarily bash wow but they do profess they like star wars.

If we were to assume a game's fanbase is scared of another based on the amount of topics about other games on their boards then SW:TOR fans are fucking mortified by WoW.

But then that would be a silly assumption to make, now wouldn't it?

I haven't seen anyone say they're afraid of SWTOR

The burden of proof is on the accuser (you)

---------- Post added 2012-01-03 at 07:42 PM ----------

The Release of an Expansion shares more in common with a 2011 MMO Release, than a 2011 MMO Release shares in common with a 2004 MMO Release
    They don't have to say it. Rarely do people say their afraid of anything. Especially on the internet. Yet there are plenty of people living in fear.

But either way, you can't compare an expansion to a launch.

Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    Ppl already said this 10000x times, but they wont listen , they rather lurk the wow forums after some 'proof that Wow players are scared'

This entire situation is laughable tbh, this game has NOTTHING to offer besides voices and cool single player storyline.

I invite the OP to read his own posts in a couple months.
    I'm inclined to agree with you. I don't even like WoW anymore, but it's not going anywhere for a long time; and when it does go, it won't have anything to do with SWTOR

---------- Post added 2012-01-03 at 07:48 PM ----------

They don't have to say it. Rarely do people say their afraid of anything. Yet there are plenty of people living in fear.

And you can't compare a 2011 launch to a 2004 launch; yet you did that anyway

Why are you irrelevant analogies valid, but mine aren't?
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while

10+ Year Old Account
    People complain for the sake of complaining, frankly dont really care about swtor i never bought it,One MMO is enough for me, also because it doesn't appeal to me, besides Blizzard needs the competition.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

They don't have to say it. Rarely do people say their afraid of anything. Especially on the internet. Yet there are plenty of people living in fear.

Just like you can't compare 2 launches that are 7 years apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    'Hardcore' raiders remind me of my two-year-old. "Yes, I put it down and I'm not playing with it anymore, but YOU CAN'T TOUCH IT MINE MINE MINE MINE!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Who would seriously be afraid of a single player game like SWTOR (yes it might not be one but it damn well feels like one) just ignore this thread coz we all know SWtor isnt any threat too wow at any lvl untill wow dies (and if people claim its already dead you might think so but it isnt yet and as of now still the most played mmo with the largest player base and aslong SWTOR isnt out in asai yet it will not even come close too the succes and player base of wow)
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2012-01-04 at 12:51 AM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

I'm inclined to agree with you. I don't even like WoW anymore, but it's not going anywhere for a long time; and when it does go, it won't have anything to do with SWTOR

---------- Post added 2012-01-03 at 07:48 PM ----------

And you can't compare a 2011 launch to a 2004 launch; yet you did that anyway

Why are you irrelevant analogies valid, but mine aren't?
    Here's my quote. "Having the most successful launch in the history of mmo's? It destroyed MMO sales records."

Here's where that quote was responding to "What great results? the results are similar to Rift, and we all know how that ended.".

I didn't make a direct argument to wow. That was a response to the guy that said it had a similar launch to rift. Then you came in with the wow expac thing.

But it doesn't change the fact that it still broke records. When people say things like "We all know that it's no threat to wow" when in all actuality you can't know that, it screams "I need to know for sure now so that I can sit comfortably, and not be uncertain.".
    Last edited by Last Starfighter; 2012-01-04 at 12:56 AM.

Here's my quote. "Having the most successful launch in the history of mmo's? It destroyed MMO sales records."

Here's where that quote was responding to "What great results? the results are similar to Rift, and we all know how that ended.".

I didn't make a direct argument to wow. That was a response to the guy that said it had a similar launch to rift. Then you came in with the wow expac thing.
    Your OP directly mentions World of Warcraft, and makes claims to it's playerbase having some fear of SWTOR; are you sure you're in the right Thread?

If you really want to see swtor hate go to the swtor official forums...
    http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=255

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anyone is scared of SWTOR

Why would they be?
    You'd better hope they were. If I was a dissatisfied wow customer I would hope for something to scare them a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    Who would seriously be afraid of a single player game like SWTOR (yes it might not be one but it damn well feels like one) just ignore this thread coz we all know SWtor isnt any threat too wow at any lvl untill wow dies (and if people claim its already dead you might think so but it isnt yet and as of now still the most played mmo with the largest player base and aslong SWTOR isnt out in asai yet it will not even come close too the succes and player base of wow)
    If you've really played ToR, then you would see that you need people more in that game than you do in wow currently. People say this because most people are still leveling. So it's a convenient argument. But go try to solo a +4 heroic at appropriate level. See how that works for you.

If I didn't care about a game. Or never even played it, why would I care so much? Why would I make 100 posts in multiple threads talking about how much it's failing?
    I don't know, why did you make this thread?

People bashing is not to be confused with being 'scared'. I think TOR is shit, I don't like it. That makes me scared of it? What kind of asinine logic is that?
    1% of the Heroes control 100% of the winrates
    #occupyantimage
    #occupynaturesprophet

If you've really played ToR, then you would see that you need people more in that game than you do in wow currently. People say this because most people are still leveling. So it's a convenient argument. But go try to solo a +4 heroic at appropriate level. See how that works for you.
    You don't need to do the Heroic quests, though; you can level 1-50 completely solo

In WoW, you can hit one key, and be put in a group with 4 other people automatically. For better or for worse, one is more likely to be grouped with other players via this system