Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    You can turn the star wars stuff off in the filter.

---------- Post added 2012-01-04 at 03:32 AM ----------

Rift might not be a big game but its a good game. If wow would put out as much content as rift does i think my head would explode.
    Ah, see, I never said it wasn't a good game, and the amount of effort they put into new content is commendable, I just said it wasn't a big game. I read in another thread that ToR had more players on launch than RIFT has ever had (highest number of active subs), which given the hype that RIFT had, was hard to believe. I played RIFT for a bit, and enjoyed it, but, it always felt like there was something missing.

Probably should add that for clarification, big means popular

Quote Originally Posted by Wooblez View Post
    Then go to the WoW forums. This is "MMO-Champion", not "WoW-Champion".
    Actually, it pretty clearly states "MMO-Champion - World of Warcraft News and Raiding Strategies" in the front page :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    For the love of-

I'm sick to death of everyone thinking WoW needs to be "dethroned." It's a damn good game and so is Star Wars.

Since they're both good games now we can choose. We win. The customers win. Multiple good quality products of a similar nature sounds good for all of us imo.

This stupid "MMO King" shit is just that, stupid. WoW's a great game, but it couldnt possibly hold the bulk of the market forever.

People are so damn dramatic.
    Well said. I played WOW for 6 years, and finally quit, I was just bored of the game but that doesn't make it a bad game. I never thought I'd quit, but something just changed. I might even go back to it.

You might as well say "Football is the best sport. Cricket sucks, it's not as good as football". Well guess what, I like both and I watch both. Problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    For the love of-

I'm sick to death of everyone thinking WoW needs to be "dethroned." It's a damn good game and so is Star Wars.

Since they're both good games now we can choose. We win. The customers win. Multiple good quality products of a similar nature sounds good for all of us imo.

This stupid "MMO King" shit is just that, stupid. WoW's a great game, but it couldnt possibly hold the bulk of the market forever.

People are so damn dramatic.
    Completely agree with you. The more competition there is on the market the better it is for both the customers and the games. Since WoW is no more the only good choice or whatever you want to call it - Blizzard will be forced to make a better game, and so will the other companies. That's the way business works. So I have no idea why most people want to see a big decline in WoW. More competition equals better games for us

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    Just what we needed, yet another post doing nothing but comparing SWTOR to WoW.
    Wish there were more of those, 10582 a day isn't nearly enough.
    So what are they supposed to compare it to you donkey- Tor is a somewhat poorly Executed MMO that shares allot with WoW and other games in this genre like Rift

I would compare Tor to a White Elephant..

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to watch G4TV, but then Directv made them leave my TV. The only guy I liked on that channel hated MMOs.

Competition is always good, I hope Rift, WoW, SWTOR, GW2 and any other MMO last for awhile. It keeps the developers on their toes.

Quote Originally Posted by mosse View Post
    Actually, it pretty clearly states "MMO-Champion - World of Warcraft News and Raiding Strategies" in the front page :P
    It pretty clearly does not.

Here is an Idea just for you, who chose to be an asshat.
    MMOChampion is a curse site. CURSE clearly has provided for the SWTOR community a site for them within it's network. http://www.darthhater.com/ How about you try that out seeing as it has been set up for SWTOR where MMOCHAMPION, if you take ANY time to look over it is a WORLD OF WARCRAFT centered site.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

speaking of choices i like pepsi cause it tastes better than coke, but occasionally i'll have a dr pepper just cause it tastes different

Considering we are confined to one section of this site I think you have it wrong, MMO champion is merely misnamed. If anything its Blizz-Champion. Look on the front page, it has been all WOW and Diablo.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath