Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shit i love pvp on my 50 level marauder. And im quite good at it. If it goes good i will hit 50 valor today. I got 10% expertise last night. Plus 14 600 hp or something. Only 3 specs i find very hard or impossible 2 kill 1v1 when played good.

This char got so many BUTTONSSSSS to press. Cooldowns all over place to use.
    I just love that 5second 99 dmg reduction one on 1.15 CD. You pop it each time you are about to die. And 5 ppl are trying 2 nuke you down with all they got .
    Or that raid cd that giver 10% dmg reduction and 50% movement speed for all. Imba for carrying ball.
    Then you got Vanish like cd 4s invisible +30% movement speed so you can hide somewhere when your almost dead .
    Damn you got blodlust for raid on 5 minute cd.
    I got 2 skills that allow you throw light saber. One imobylises target and -20% healing crits descent. And other is proper execute one usable below 20% hp. That fucker crits for 3k+
    You got force shout that is 100% crit with 100% armor pen skill that crits for 3.4k .

Shit you got so many cool skills. Still im missing one of those Thunderfucks that like everyone got and puts me in poison or flames. Last night i got 3xthunderfuck chain !!!!

Best fight so far. Me vs 3x50s at once and i fucked them all up They must have sucked rl bad
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Deleted
    terrible for leveling , awesome at 50(if you know how and what to do)(pvp pov)

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Jedi knigts/ sith warriors are very weak in this game. Lots of people even have trouble at high levels killing silver and gold star mobs, which other classes can just slice and dice through. Add to that the unholy amount of keys and reactives AND the fact the game doesn't have macros (well, you can be smart and have 3rd party macros if you really want to but most people don't even know they can do that and how).

They also seem to be squishier tanks than others in pve.

Sorry, if you wanna play melee go consular shadow or the empire mirror
    So not true. I leveled my SW JUGG IMMORTAL not dps to 50 and never had a problem killing silver or elites mobs EVER. Melee classes are also fine in pvp. Granted they do take some skill to play. As long as you understand your class and what it can do you will be fine. I also PVP alot on my SW JUGG and i have no problem killing people. Of course I'm not killing them in 3 or 5 shots but they are not killing me 10 or 15 shots. That is the trade off you are taking.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are pretty good apart for the bug where off the GCD moves activate a GCD at times, level 48 atm and i do decent in pvp could be better, im grouped against alot of lvl 50s and it is a factor of me not performing to the best of my abilities but i know that will change once i reach 50 and get a couple pieces of gear

Klinda has a vid, check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    I view Watchman as a Feral Druid and Combat as more of a DW-Frost DK. Yet to try Watchman as I've played Combat all the way but the only bleed I have is Cauterize and for the most part I don't put it up unless I'm moving away from something, feel more like Deep Wounds on Use rather than on crit.

But yes, the rotation is indeed deep.

General Rotation including Inspiration(Or Transcendance/Zen if you're not the only Sentinel and you've sorted out who's buffing and what-not) and Cyclone Slash/Force Sweep

Inspiration > Master Strike(If Precision is Up) > Dispatch(If Precision is Up) > Zealous Strike(If Focus>1) > Strike(If Focus>1) > Blade Rush(If Combat Trance is Up) > Precision Slash > Master Strike > Pommel Strike > Dispatch > Cyclone Slash (If Target =>3) > Force Sweep(If Target =>3 AND Stunnable) Blade Rush > Zealous Strike(If Focus>5) > Strike

I *think" that's as close to a rotation list as I can think up, but without accurate tooltips (torhead.com only displays level 10 talentable values and some wrong values (master Strike))

That is for http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501bcZhGMrddMorsZG.1

-Two points in the AoE reduction talent can be put into any of the other 2-point talents, but as you shouldn't be taking full on melee swings Rebuke is worthless, and the others are clearly PvP talents-
    This is a good post, so I mean no disrespect by this question. How does Master Strike immobilizing a target benefit you more than a snare break in a PvE environment? I've found that the vast majority of the time, the any major boss is relatively stationary, all things considered - and that quite a few have a knockback + slow. Getting back to a boss faster ultimately means more DPS. Is there some sneaky reasoning behind the imp master strike choice?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wkhalifa View Post
    terrible for leveling , awesome at 50(if you know how and what to do)(pvp pov)
    This is the TLDR version if the OP is still reading this.

I have a Sentinel that reached 50 this past weekend. Originally I was Combat spec and it was terrible. Then I switched to Watchmen (DoT spec) and all was gravy. DPS wise Sentinel/Marauder is a MONSTER...but you have to play it right. You have to rotate your 13+ offensive abilities with your 5+ defensive abilities. More than any other class, you have to use all the tools in your toolbox. However, when you do the results are nice. In PUG Warzones I am typically #1 damage, about 100k ahead of others, with the least amount of deaths. Force Camoflauge is AMAZING, and when you combo Guarded By the Force with Zen and the Watchmen DoTs, you can heal up really easily. Their only real weakness is a lack of CC (since Stasis is channeled). But that doesn't mean Stasis isn't useful by a longshot.

That being said, Sentinel/Marauder get most of their good toys late game. So expect a tougher time leveling up and early on in PvP. But at 50...its go time.

Edit: Also, with this class you have to update your gear constantly. Always keep the best hilts you can use in your lightsabers. In a way its like old school WoW Warrior. You HAVE to gear them, and update that gear regularly.
    Last edited by WarpedAcorn; 2012-01-04 at 09:09 PM.

Deleted
    i play a marauder ... hit lvl 40 today ...
    i tried playing as Carnage but that didn't get me far ... couple of days ago i tried skilling Annihilation (the tree with the dots) and the opponents (pve) fell one after the other ... what a big difference !

Deleted
    Not sure how other people feel but I find there is a lot of downtime when I'm playing my guardian simply due to the fact that melee classes take a huge beating as they level. With ranged classes you can rely on your companion a lot to deal damage and take it whilst you pew pew from a distance. With melee you have no choice but to jump in there and take a pounding and then rest after each fight. Personally I find it quite annoying. It reminds me of playing a rogue / warrior during classic WoW where you had to bandage / pot / eat after each fight. Hopefully they will add some kind of mechanic to make things smoother like a victory rush spell after you kill a mob that grants exp.

Having said that I have no trouble killing golds / silvers by myself and it is easy enough to solo if you are a moderate gamer with average coordination. Just remember to use your tools wisely, upgrade your companions gear at all times (I buy lots of commendation gear just for my companion) and it will be smooth sailing. Well, not smooth. It will be kind of rough and choppy, you might get sea sick a bit, but you won't capsize and drown. Maybe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sissyfoo View Post
    Not sure how other people feel but I find there is a lot of downtime when I'm playing my guardian simply due to the fact that melee classes take a huge beating as they level. With ranged classes you can rely on your companion a lot to deal damage and take it whilst you pew pew from a distance. With melee you have no choice but to jump in there and take a pounding and then rest after each fight. Personally I find it quite annoying. It reminds me of playing a rogue / warrior during classic WoW where you had to bandage / pot / eat after each fight. Hopefully they will add some kind of mechanic to make things smoother like a victory rush spell after you kill a mob that grants exp.
    well ... when i play my Marauder skilled von Annihilation and have my Healing Companion out ... i don't have any downtimes ...
    but I hardly have that companion in use because i find him an a**h*l*

People will talk you to death about how bad Sents/Maras are. Do not listen.

If you're even a half decent player you should find they are one of the strongest classes in the game. If you click skills/keyboard turn (nothing wrong with either) or are just slow at play you may have trouble doing well.

We have so many defensive tool on short cd. Honestly, you shouldn't ever lose a 1v1 fight (you can probably even win many 2v1 fights) against any spec/class. Only a few even give us trouble.

We can be pretty awesome at huttball too given we get and aoe 5 sec (6?) Stun that breaks on dmg, and a 99% dmg reduction that can be talented to 100% on 1 min cd.

I find we are extremly powerful in pve as well. People that can't kill silvers are simply bad/undergeared/spamming slash lol. If you use kick and pop defensive cds as needed you cannot lose a fight against any class boss or player.

Very powerful class.

~on my phone so sorry for errors
    Last edited by Styxz; 2012-01-04 at 10:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    well ... when i play my Marauder skilled von Annihilation and have my Healing Companion out ... i don't have any downtimes ...
    but I hardly have that companion in use because i find him an a**h*l*
    I don't have him yet. I'm wondering if I will even use him as well... I don't want to neglect poor little Kira.

Quote Originally Posted by Sissyfoo View Post
    I don't have him yet. I'm wondering if I will even use him as well... I don't want to neglect poor little Kira.
    You will. You sort of have to. Sentinel/Marauder is a great class with a lot of tools to use, but it definitely has it's weaknesses. I can go toe to toe with any elite or strong, no questions asked. Not even a challenge really. Champions usually will wreck my face because they just hit way harder than Doc can heal, even with an effective defensive cooldown rotation. The issue becomes when you have quest groups to clear that are an elite and and strong or two, then the DPS intake becomes way, way too much to cover without using the healer companion.

I really enjoy my Sentinel - DPS seems pretty respectable and it's great fun to play. It certainly is squishier than I'd like. I think it's CC is a little lacking too. But, very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Collider View Post
    This is a good post, so I mean no disrespect by this question. How does Master Strike immobilizing a target benefit you more than a snare break in a PvE environment? I've found that the vast majority of the time, the any major boss is relatively stationary, all things considered - and that quite a few have a knockback + slow. Getting back to a boss faster ultimately means more DPS. Is there some sneaky reasoning behind the imp master strike choice?
    I generally use it while leveling/Heroics purely so that I get the full use of it on Trash, as well as being on a PvP server it's a little helpful, for a pure raiding spec I'd put the points in Force Camouflage as you've pointed out for the increased uptime definitely.

As said, you can put the two points in either Debilitation, Fleetfooted, Displacement, Jedi Crusader or Focused Leap, whichever takes your fancy. Each has a PvE use (negligible, but still a minor PvE role) potentially so go for whatever you feel like ;p
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2012-01-04 at 11:26 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enders View Post
    Mine's only level 31 but I can safely say their class quests are AWESOME. And realistically, don't choose a class based on how they are in end-game... that's something that's always changing. Go with what you like.
    Absolutely this, and all posts following that talk about the playstyle, the fun of the class, and the story that you follow. It's a narrative game. In the STAR WARS universe. Class balance and output, etc, should be second place to enjoying your own lightsaber- and blaster-filled adventures. Wreak havoc on your enemies. Destroy everything in your path. Or spare the weak and play the good guy amongst so many corrupt Imperial citizens.

As for the latter part of the game, I'd have no idea. I rolled a Warrior so I could choose to dual wield lightsabers. And so far, up to level 14, it has been pretty fun. I'm playing four classes alongside each other so I can follow all their stories. Got some catching up to do with two of them, but so far the Marauder has been great fun. Once I work a few kinks out and get Vette's and my own gear up to date, I'll tear through enemy ranks as I progress through the rest of DK and the continuation of my prologue.

Learning how to play well will take some skill. Even at such a low level, there seem to be quite a few moves at your disposal. Full bars and a lot of buttons to push at 50 will definitely take a lot more concentration. Tracking dots and cooldowns will be interesting, too.
    For the Alliance!