Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Talking Slicing is profitable again (missions that is)!

I stuck through last week's nerf to slicing and it seems my faith in BioWare paid off.
    I tried some slicing missions again today and i can say i'm 99% sure it has been partially restored so that it's not a net loss anymore (note: i'm only talking about missions, gathering was always profitable).

Some preliminary data:
    - lvl 6 lockboxes: medium/abundant yield = small lockboxes -> few hundreds of credits net profit (100-600)
    - lvl 5 lockboxes: rich yield = medium lockboxes -> hundreds of credits net profit (700-800)
    - lvl 4 lockboxes: bountiful yield = medium lockboxes -> hundreds of credits profit (100-700)

I'll keep testing, but atm i'm very happy that it's worth it to send your companions on slicing missions again. As it were before today, the only somewhat profitable missions were the moderate/abundant ones (max 300 net profit, if lucky), the rest were net losses.

10+ Year Old Account
    People knew that already, there is a thread showing the most profitable missions post-nerf.
    They just whined because they couldnt make a million a day anymore.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    People knew that already, there is a thread showing the most profitable missions post-nerf.
    I have to disagree there. Lvl 4 and lvl 5 missions that yielded medium lockboxes (bountiful/rich) were almost always a net LOSS. Now they almost always yield a net profit again. A fix (buff) has been implemented today, of this i am 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by delnadris View Post
    I have to disagree there. Lvl 4 and lvl 5 missions that yielded medium lockboxes (bountiful/rich) were almost always a net LOSS. Now they almost always yield a net profit again. A fix (buff) has been implemented today, of this i am 100% sure.
    Well the folks over at reddit will certainly post something if its true, there are more than few rabid spreadsheet babies over there who analyze the game to no end
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    I certainly hope so, have 400/400 slicing and last times I checked it wasn't even worth sending my companions on any lvl 6 missions, I lost more credits than I earned from them. Only mission I knew that I had profit from was "Fly on the wall" that I always had access to when a companion wasn't already on it, lvl 5 rich mission, think it cost 1700 credits, got 2000-3000 credits from it, 30 min wait...

There's a difference between last week and today the OP means.

15+ Year Old Account
    All week I've been making profit from Rich level 5 boxes... that's all I really do. I would (on average) make 300-600 credits on them. Sometimes I'd pay 2k, and only get back 1600, but then the next one I'd pay 2k, and get back 6k, so that made it ok. If it's gone back up that'll make it even better.

There's one thing i dont understand. Maybe you people can explain it to me.

WHY nobody every mention craft mission drops ? Seriously, yesterday i got 4 of them, and i was sending 4 pets non stop on missions lvl 4/5/6 for 3 hours, >abundant boxes. 4 drops is like 40-50k at the GNT... So maybe you loose a couple hundred credits for missions but for every epic mission that drop, its a huge profit...

So why everyone skips that part ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post
    There's one thing i dont understand. Maybe you people can explain it to me.

WHY nobody every mention craft mission drops ? Seriously, yesterday i got 4 of them, and i was sending 4 pets non stop on missions lvl 4/5/6 for 3 hours, >abundant boxes. 4 drops is like 40-50k at the GNT... So maybe you loose a couple hundred credits for missions but for every epic mission that drop, its a huge profit...

So why everyone skips that part ?
    Because Slicing is for the player who is too lazy to go to the GTN. Damn, I've been selling everything to the vendor Maybe I'll try the GTN now.

...maybe. If I can find the time.

Deleted
    Am I the only person that makes a ton of credits from selling the epic missions that come back from slicing?

Nobody else seems to mention that.

edit. beaten to it, but my point still stands :-)

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it should be nerfed again. You should not be able to make credits by doing nothing. For slicing to be profitable you should have to... you know... go slice stuff.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I started levelling slicing after the servers came back up after the nerf patch and from lockbox missions only (plus selling bonus patterns) made about 300k from 0-400.

Was always profitable just not obscenely so.

I have been making a 500-3k profit on 9/10 class 6 missions, with 1/10 being either a fail or a small return (1500-1700 creds of a 1400ish mission)

Yurrrrrrrrrpppppp.
    I picked up Slicing after the nerf. Started with 379c. 3 levels later, 53k. I am okay with this. lol.
    One more level til I can get my speeder. :3
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    I think it should be nerfed again. You should not be able to make credits by doing nothing. For slicing to be profitable you should have to... you know... go slice stuff.
    go cry about how life aint fair somewhere that isnt about a GAME.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    got 2000-3000 credits from it, 30 min wait...
    Thats more than other crafting professions (aside from biochem of course) make. I'm going to grab slicing, I don't understand the whining over 2-3k free credits. It's not like your extra companions were doing anything anyways...

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    go cry about how life aint fair somewhere that isnt about a GAME.

Please point out where I said anything was fair/unfair. I'll wait......

Now if you can't take someones opinion without replying like a 5 year old I would suggest staying away from forums.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I disagree. We are sacrificing a profession that could otherwise be benefiting us. Slicing does nothing but credits - if you take away the credits, then it is nothing. What is a profession if it is nothing?

Well I guess all gathering professions should be held to the same standard then... of course that will eliminate being able to use the professions that make items too.

As for slicing and the rewarded missions you can sell, outside of a few key missions the others mostly only sell for 1k on my server and we are full most of the time.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I disagree. We are sacrificing a profession that could otherwise be benefiting us. Slicing does nothing but credits - if you take away the credits, then it is nothing. What is a profession if it is nothing?
    Eh? The only other profession with a real benefit is Biochem. The armor/weapon making professions are useless because of moddable gear, artifice and cybercrafting are useless because you get better mods from commendations.

The benefit from slicing missions was too high at release, I think it's right where it should be currently given the fact you still have nodes in the questing zones to gather.

I have been keeping track of my slicing missions since the nerf on a new characher. (thanks to someones spread sheet that i started over with my own data collection)

The lower levels, were obviously not very profitable and some even a loss. Yes slicing is profitable, by is 20 credits per min really a profit, compared to what other professions can do? Tempted to drop it for treasurehunting... gems sell for thousands a pop, and people eat them like candy.

I need to add a total time spent slicing.

Nothing has changed from last week
    Last edited by paradiss; 2012-01-04 at 04:26 PM.