Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I think you didn't read the whole story, it says how this kid was antagonizing him for quite a while before this fight occurred.
    Like I said earlier, it's easy to demonize someone after he's dead. Also, if this kid was tormenting him so badly why didn't he tell anyone? Why did no one stop this before it escalated? Instead of bringing a knife to school to fight, why didn't the kid tell someone his bully was planning on beating him up that day? Why didn't he stay on the bus or tell the bus driver what might happen and ask to stay on it? There are a thousand things this kid could have done before using a knife to stab his bully.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Maybe he knew he would follow him?
    Maybe he lost his bottle and decided he couldnt do it?
    Maybe he was just waiting for the best chance?
    Maybe he did all these things and it was all an elaborate plan. The dead boy chose to follow. The dead boy chose to hit him. The dead boy chose to chase after him and try to hit him some more. Not only is the dead boy dead he was stupid too.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    hard to believe somone is that fucking stupid isn't it?

it's not logical, rational fuck, even the egyptians would have said "woah man, we said eye for an eye, you went overboard, he just hit you once and called you retard"
    You can make any position look foolish by strawmaning them. It doesn't make you right, it just makes it tedious to keep explaining to you that it's not actuallt what I said. It's only what you are pretending I said.

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    it's really terrible if you get bullied, but killing is never the solution, he could atleast just cripple the guy, not kill him.
    Yeah, because making other person disabled for the rest of his life is just so humane...
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by bigduke6 View Post
    nobody wants to hear the actual details of the fight. we just like to pick a side and argue for fun. facts be damned. end of sarcasm
    that is a lie though. it STARTED with a spitwad to the head, then turned into name calling "maybe every other day" then went to the "everyone, they're gonna fight today" scenario and it was 2 scared kids (witnesses testified that neither wanted to fight) surrounded by 10+ who wanted them to fight, one threw a punch, the other guy ran away a few feet and was chased a FEW FEET then he stabbed him

he didn't run away, he moved away a few steps then FELT WOOZY and started stabbing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soneia View Post
    I don't even, what?

How can a person kill somebody with being punished, i mean yes it is a bully, but a bully can't be that bad that he deserves death!
    Spend years in school being tormented every day, feeling like you are sick just from the anxiety and vomiting with muscle spasms, and feeling you did something wrong to deserve being tormented every day to the point you want to kill yourself just to make the pain stop. then after that see how little it takes to push you over the edge. I lived that hell in school for years just because i was the poor kid in a rich school.

I never acted upon my thoughts to hurt anyone because i didnt want to bring myself down to their level, but i can tell you it is a terrible existence for anyone to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    And you have zero evidence to back up your claim that it wasnt.
    Where do we go from here?
    You take the most reasonable position, which is that the person running away from an aggressor after trying to avoid them is not planning to kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfried View Post
    I am with Saavedra in this case... Really, to all the people saying "If it was self defense why he didnt stop?" Have you ever got so mad that you cant control yourself?, when I was a kid I had rage problems, and believe me, you just go into berserker mode, theres almost nothing that can stop you...

On the other hand, he was just defending himself, when the incident happened he was 14 and Dylan Nuno was 17, Do you think a 14 years old would try to kill a 17 years old just for the sake of it?.
    If someone lacks self control, to the degree that they're murdering 16 year olds; they need to be put in prison, to protect the rest of us

It's really as simple as that
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

You mean I could have just stabbed the kids calling me a fag back in middle school instead of just ignoring them? Shit, why didn't anyone tell me?
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    So because I bullied unpopular kids, when I was in School — I deserve to be killed?
    I would say you have no reasonable expectation of safety when you're beating the shit out of someone.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    No, they don't. You can't simplify the case down to half a sentence and then pretend it fits your interpretation, when doing so means you've conveniently ignored most of the very important and relevant details. You are making it sounds as though the bully punched the boy and then stood there doing nothing, and the boy comes at him and stabbed him until he died. That's not self defence and that's not what happened.
    Sorry, did I mention this case? I didnt intend to, I was commenting on that law alone.

You're out of line
    Want a less sensitive analogy? Sure. "It wasn't a real car theft because Honda Civic is a shitty car anyway."
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

the statement from the witnesses said that the whole bus knew about the fight, it's at least 10 more kids got off to watch the fight

they specifically said that the bully didn't even want to fight but the other kids escalated it and put them both in positions where they looked like sissies or fought and you know how you only have your rep in HS
    Did we read the same article? It clearly states he got off several stops early. Just because a bunch of kids follow him off the bus doesn't mean he intended for that to happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    The victim tried to avoid it the best he can, But when pushed too far; Things go bad.
    Avoid it the best he can? He stabbed the guy 12 times. I do think the bully would've ran with 1 or 2 stabs...

An eye for an eye will just end up making the whole world... ~Ghandi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    CONSPIRACY! /tinfoilhat
    Yeah, it's definitely the fault of the poor kid who was picked on, bully is as innocent as a baby. You people...
    No. I was just saying that bringing the "he tried to escape" argument doesn't mean anything because we don't know what was the kid thinking.
    We just know that some guy punched the kid in the head and he stabbed him 12 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmen View Post
    Maybe he did that so he could win the trial easier? We will never know.
    Maybe you are looking too much into it?, Its a 14 years old, I dont think It was some kind of criminal mind that thought every step before doing it. If you ever get threaten by some kind of dude you wont think every thing you do. You will just act or else you will get F*** up

If someone lacks self control, to the degree that they're murdering 16 year olds; they need to be put in prison, to protect the rest of us

It's really as simple as that
    Except it's not murder if it is in self defense. So as it turns out, it's a lot more complicated than that.

so you'd kill to teach a lesson to people who didn't punch you in the face?

1) learn to take a punch

2) punch back

3) go get beers together and make a friend out of an enemy
    1) learn to take a punch

2) punch back

3) he punches and kicks you back, his friends join the fray and start kicking you while you're on the ground

4) they leave you there and go get beers laughing a lot about their new achievement.

Yeah dude... that shit happens... and a lot... not everyone is out there to just find another oponent to be friend with.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    the kid was obviously scared. not only did he bring a pocket knife to defend himself he tried exciting the bus a different location to avoid the bully altogether. so when the bully punch him in the head kid feared for his life and turn around with a basic living instinct of "kill or be killed"

it is very easy for you to objectively say that not right.
    the kid defended himself
    no, the kid killed another kid. thats what happened here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

15+ Year Old Account
    I am all for this decision. That boy died to a karma debt.