Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    You are very lucky. Many have tried what you describe, few have gotten the justice you got.
    Quoted for, as they say, truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    the problem is that the kid was never in any real danger. he was a 14 year old with a knife planning to potentially use it on a 15 year old. he did use it, and now a child is dead.
    I don't know what you mean by "real danger", but if someone is bashing my head in and chasing after me, I'd call it real danger. It may not be mortal danger, but it is certainly potentially grievious bodily harm. Which formed the basis of the decision that this was self defence.

Welcome to internet forums where multiple strangers can log into a site and chime in with there opinion on various topics of conversation. I see that you are using the classic "noone cares about your opinion" line when someone posts an opinon you do not agree with. you will fit in just fine here

Ya, man. Stating the obvious really makes me feel powerful. lol. I guess i deserve to be stabbed to death now, right?[/QUOTE]

stating the obvious=waste of space. your post was a pathetic attempt to rile people up. didn't work. crawl back under your rock. none will miss u.
    Last edited by bigduke6; 2012-01-04 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    It's supposedly a pocket knife, doens't seem like a huge deal to me. Secondly, I don't think that (carrying a knife on school grouns) is exactly relevant or important when a boy died.
    It's the fact that kids are capable of carrying a knife on school grounds that allows them to murder each other, as we've seen.

I'm conflicted on this topic. On one hand, the act of stabbing the bully was technically self defense, and he only seemed to be standing up for himself. However, I don't believe that taking a life should ever be the answer, and he likely didn't need to stab the bully TWELVE times. I think he went overboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    Calling people names isn't against the law
    Harassment is, in fact, illegal.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't put myself in that situation to begin with

It's the murderer's own fault for choosing to be an outcast, and target himself for this sort of thing
    And dude...really? How was it the kid's fault for being bullied? I was bullied cause I was smarter than most of the kids I went to school with. So your reasoning is cause my parents pushed me to do well in school so I could get a decent education and have a better life for myself as an adult so its my fault that I got bullied? That's complete crap. Sadly bullies themselves have been bullied at one point and so they target someone who has easy to spot weaknesses to make themself feel better cause they can do to someone else what has been done to them...it's a vicious unending cycle. And until parents and school officials start to do something about it early and take all reports of being bullied seriously....then its going to continue to happen and get worse. I dont praise the kid in the story at all for killing his bully, but I praise him for standing up for himself. Its just sad the outcome of what happened....no one deserves to die over something like this.

Defending yourself when you're under attack isn't against the law, either. This case proves it.

As if there's any credibility to be had in a Thread where hundreds of people are justifying the murder of an innocent 16 year old boy, because he called someone names
    As if there's any credibility to be had in a post where someone makes it clear they didn't read the article.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    It's supposedly a pocket knife, doens't seem like a huge deal to me. Secondly, I don't think that (carrying a knife on school grouns) is exactly relevant or important when a boy died.
    It's a pocket knife. It's still a threat. What I'm saying is this kid shows poor judgment and shouldn't have gone out of that courtroom free of charges. That kid's situation has so many problems with it when it came to his judgment. Yes he should defend himself but really to the point he needed a weapon?

Deleted
    Also, to be considered murder, there would have to be a human victim. Unless you think that the condition of "human" can be extended to bullies, which is debatable at best.

you really think that it's ok to kill someone for picking on you? don't have kids.
    I have kids and i agree with the poster sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    When i was at highschool, these kids tried to bully me, but i wasnt a little pussy, and i dealt with that day, we went outside and had a fight, no clear winner, we both beat each other up and both got expelled from school for like a week..... but guess what, that was it done, over, finished, all the other bullies knew that i was gonna be fighting kids who picked on me, and the kid who tried to do it, well we actually became friends. after that , i didnt have any trouble for my whole school career, sometimes you just need to bite the bullet.

Its these little ratty children that are ruining the world, a kid so scared of fighting someone with his own fists, that he stabs a guy 12times to avoid a punch to the face? - does that sound like something the girls would find attractive?, is that an attribute the men in our society strive to get? ofcourse not, its the actions of a slimeball, If this kid was my son, i would be ashamed, stand up to your bullies, doesnt mean stab an unarmed child 12 times.

the message that this is sending is, "hey kids, dont have the balls to stand up to bullies?, to soft to take a little name calling?, then just murder the guy"

so messed up, only in america
    There are ways of resolving conflicts without violence. No person has the right to hit someone at all, aside from self defense.

See how far punching people you disagree with in the adult world gets you, you'll be shot or in a jail cell.

10+ Year Old Account
    As if there's any credibility to be had in a Thread where hundreds of people are justifying the murder of an innocent 16 year old boy, because he called someone names
    This is a strawman if I ever saw one. The judge didn't decide in favor of the 15 year old because the other boy called him names. The judge decided in his favor because the judge believed the defense showed a reasonable threat of death or significant injury justifying self defense. The self defense also occurred when the 15 year old had already been attacked (unprovoked) and was surrounded. After 61 pages are people really trying to say that 'bullying' was the defense?
    Tobyas (85) :: Tobykenobi (85) :: Uruu (85):: Mykka (52)
    <-- All Chars on Ice Since March 2011 -->
    Currently Playing: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Physically assaulting people is. And that's what your "innocent boy" did.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

You're out of line

This is about the murder of a 16 year old boy; not rape. The two are not always comparable
    You're right. The 16 year old boy who tormented a 15 year old boy for years with emotional and physical abuse was rightly slain in self defense. Just like a girl who was being raped would be justified in shanking the hell out of her attacker.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    point and counter point in 2 sentences.
    you should really quote the rest of that sentence. and he wasn't. he got hit in the head. you know what thats called? a school yard fight. the only danger was his pride. he killed another person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

the problem is that the kid was never in any real danger. he was a 14 year old with a knife planning to potentially use it on a 15 year old. he did use it, and now a child is dead.
    What do you mean the kid was never in any real danger? How do you know this?

The description given certainly shows he was being attacked and restrained how do you know the outcome had he not fought back?

he got hit in the head. you know what thats called? a school yard fight. the only danger was his pride. he killed another person.
    But he wasn't just hit in the head, that was the first blow.

In his mind he was in clear danger he tried several times to avoid the situation. The situation came to him and in fear he reacted. Did the bully deserve to die. In my opinion no he didn't. Was the kid in the right. Yes

It's like poking a small animal and then getting pissed when it attacks you.

Dogs do this all the time. They are abused, poked and yelled at and when they feel cornered and threaten will attack. No one EVER goes well the dog should have just ran away(which the kid did try to do) no one EVER blames the dog

10+ Year Old Account
    "You don't butt in line! You don't sell drugs! You don't molest little children! You don't profit off the misery of others! The rules were set a long time ago! They don't change!" -Super

Quote Originally Posted by brown View Post
    You said he beat him up for no reason. It wasn't some random guy though, they knew each other, so there was likely a reason he was messing with the kid. He still shouldn't have been bullying him, but was just saying there sounds like there was more to it than just this fight.
    Semantics. He (most likely) had no RIGHT to pick on him. Especially not for no reason.