10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Banned Account-- Looking for Answers

I recently tried to add game time to my account after not having played for around 8 months, and I found out that my account had (likely) been hacked. Someone had given my account reason to get itself perma-banned for "In Game Behavior". As wonderfully informative as that was, I wanted my account back.

I've tried going through the Account Restoration actions on Battle.net and I've changed my password and everything-- Now I'm just waiting for the e-mail "containing [my] character and item restoration details." I haven't gotten it yet! I'm starting to get really frustrated-- Any advice or personal experiences? Should I give up? If I do give up, I'll have to buy WoW all over again, won't I?
    "Love is not something you think about, it is a state in which you dwell."

call them and explain

Call them.

I'd get on the phone and call customer support. If you can prove that it was your account, and that you were hacked, you may be able to get your account restored. I say 'may be'. There's also a chance you could be 'sool'. You won't know unless you give them a phone call though.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    I'd get on the phone and call customer support. If you can prove that it was your account, and that you were hacked, you may be able to get your account restored. I say 'may be'. There's also a chance you could be 'sool'. You won't know unless you give them a phone call though.
    "SOOL" as in having to buy all of the discs all over again? That would suck so majorly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormtongue View Post
    "SOOL" as in having to buy all of the discs all over again? That would suck so majorly.
    Well, basically, they'll investigate whether you were hacked. Typical measures include checking the IPs you used before, and the IPs used during the offending period; if you're in Minnesota and your account was reactivated and played from an IP out of, say, Hawaii, chances are some guy hacked you, and they'll re-open the account once they can confirm your identity as the original account holder and NOT the guy who hacked it.

If you loaned your account to your little brother or something so the offending IP was the same (not saying this is what happened, just using an example), they'd see the same IP, and they'd assume you were telling a good story to try and circumvent penalization, and they'd keep the account banned, meaning you'd be required to buy a new copy of WoW and start over with new characters. But they have pretty decent systems for determining if you were hacked; if you were, you should get your account back.

Emailing is complete garbage and more than often a waste of time. I don't mean Blizzard because a lot of time an email works, but it's slow and takes too long. In general, you usually get an automated reply or an email that is of no help. The best thing to do in any situation is call the specific company. It's faster and you can get your way if you bitch enough. lol. It's the truth.

If you truly did nothing wrong, there should be no problem. As Endus has pointed out though, if you did do something wrong such as what he has listed, then you will be out of luck.

"sool" as in new game new account new email .... unless they see that the account was not accessed from the same area as you are in as long as you haven't moved from the time it went inactive till now they usually are prity good about it ...

They do say it can take up to 10 business days to confirm everything. Be patient.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Well, basically, they'll investigate whether you were hacked. Typical measures include checking the IPs you used before, and the IPs used during the offending period; if you're in Minnesota and your account was reactivated and played from an IP out of, say, Hawaii, chances are some guy hacked you, and they'll re-open the account once they can confirm your identity as the original account holder and NOT the guy who hacked it.

If you loaned your account to your little brother or something so the offending IP was the same (not saying this is what happened, just using an example), they'd see the same IP, and they'd assume you were telling a good story to try and circumvent penalization, and they'd keep the account banned, meaning you'd be required to buy a new copy of WoW and start over with new characters. But they have pretty decent systems for determining if you were hacked; if you were, you should get your account back.
    I see. I think I knew all of this, but again, last time I played was quite the while ago.

Thanks a lot for the information, everyone. I appreciate you all taking the time to reply. I'ma wake up early tomorrow so I can call them and try and get it sorted. You can close or delete the thread now, if you wish, as my question has been answered.

Deleted
    Calling them means everything can be fixed within 10 mins, emailing means you may have everything fixed within 10 days

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soyzan View Post
    Calling them means everything can be fixed within 10 mins, emailing means you may have everything fixed within 10 days
    Except everyone is playing D3 now and all realms are deserted, so there's not that many tickets going on and they will be answered faster. :P

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Expect it to take a while to recover. Purchase an authenticator, use an email created specifically and solely for battle.net and a password unique and not easily guessable. Once you have an authenticator it becomes much harder to be hacked but it still depends on you not doing anything stupid such as downloading torrents and any.exe files from a not so reputable source. Call customer support and explain the situation to them and they should be able to restore your account provided they believe that you were indeed hacked. The 6 or 7 bucks for an authenticator for an account you spend so much time and money on is really worth it and its free if you have a smart phone and get the app.