Poll: Would you have picked up the game if you knew then what you know now?then whh

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

If you knew then what you knew now...Would You?

So would you have picked up the game ?

P.S It could be anything related to the game; like were you better off without the game; it doesn't just have to be the turn for the worse.

Deleted
    Yes, I'd be a better player if I picked WoW up years ago knowing what I know now

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, prior to Cata, I had some great times, meeting some new people and doing some raids that were amazing.
    I ended up quitting a month after Cata's release, and resubbed for a month on the launch of 4.3.
    I'll be back for MoP, and I'm hoping it ends up getting a feel back of what it used to be like, but I doubt it, due to most of the reason its hated now is because of the negativity of a large portion of the players.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Yes to Vanilla, BC, Wotlk.
    No to Cataclysm

Yes.

(reply isn't too short with some smiley spam!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

No, I wouldn't have bought the game.

Yes, made a lot of new friends and I've got some really great memories.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    no, out of curiosity over how my life would have progressed without it

i am/was of an age where wow may have affected it, might not, who knows, but yeah, curiosity /me cat

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    no, out of curiosity over how my life would have progressed without it

i am/was of an age where wow may have affected it, might not, who knows, but yeah, curiosity /me cat
    Agreed on that

Absolutely yes
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely i would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

10+ Year Old Account
    No because I would lose that fresh-new nooby feeling I had and that I'm looking to maybe, possibly get back but am not finding it.

Deleted
    I would deffo have bought the game. If not for the game, I would never have met my current girlfriend of 1 ½ years.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did a lot of research before getting into WoW and made sure I would feel comfortable paying 15$ a month for a long time to play this game. So no, I have the annual pass and no regrets.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanJD View Post
    So would you have picked up the game ?

P.S It could be anything related to the game; like were you better off without the game; it doesn't just have to be the turn for the worse.
    How COULD I know what I know now but back then? The things I know now are things that didn't excist back then.
    Though what exactly do you mean with what I know now?

Nope. It was the discovery of new things, exploring this fascinating massive world of azeroth. It was the fact that I was a noob that made the game interesting for me. I really can't put a reason for why I still play, but I wish I was still that noob who was stoked on getting a green axe. The good ol' days

Classic, BC and Wrath, yes. The "Time and Money" to "Entertainment" ratio was, in hindsight, worth it for me through those expansions, until I ran out of things to do after a couple months of 3.3. At that point, I quit the game, but the time I'd spent was worth it.

Cataclysm . . . if I knew how it was going to shake out, I'd have gone with my gut and stayed unsubbed. Instead, for the first time, I find myself regretting the time and money spent on WoW in the last 12 months =(

Everyone who clicked No should delete toon and quit the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    How COULD I know what I know now but back then? The things I know now are things that didn't excist back then.
    Though what exactly do you mean with what I know now?
    Why be difficult over this? There's really no reason to take a silly question this seriously, but hopefully you feel cool about yourself now.
    As for the question, being a lifelong gamer since like 1982 I definitely would have still played the game. It was my first mmo, and over the last 7 years it was some of the most gaming fun I ever had.