Quick check before I buy.

Upgrading a few things this week. (Please let me know if I should get anything cheaper or I need something better)

Mainly plan on running SW:TOR and possible BF3.

(Cant post links yet.. sorry I fail)

Intel Core i5-2500K Processor

ASRock FATAL1TY P67 PROFESSIONAL B3 Intel P67 B3 ATX DDR3 1066 Intel - LGA 1155 Motherboard

EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti Superclocked 1024 MB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 2DVI/Mini-HDMI SLI Ready Graphics Card
    (Plan on Getting another in a couple weeks)

G.SKILL 8GB (2 x 4GB) Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1600MHz 240-Pin PC3-12800

Thanks

Deleted
    Any specific reason as to why you are going for the ASRock Fatal1ty P67 motherboard? Looking over your other components (more specifically the GPU) I'd suggest a better distribution of your budget, especially since you mentioned BF3. That said, how much are you looking to spend?

At glance, here are my suggestions:
    - Downgrade the motherboard to a good mid-range P67 board. Should save you $20-30.
    - Get cheaper (value) 1600MHZ RAM modules. For example G.Skill Value or Patriot Signature. You will not notice the difference.
    - Are you planning to overclock? If yes, you might want to get an aftermarket cooler (e.g. CM Hyper 212+). If no, you could downgrade to the i5 2400.
    - Upgrade the GPU to at least a 560 Ti or a Radeon 6950.

Also, what kind of PSU do you have?

Okay so new plan. Here are my specs for my current (lol bestbuy gateway) PC I bought like 4 years ago i think?

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 'at' 2.40GHz

RAM: 3GB Dual Channel DDR2 'at' 331MHz

MoBo: Intel DG33SXG2

GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (Trust me, I cry every time I mention it)

HDD: WD Caviar Blue 7200 RPM with 16 MB cache 3Gb/s.

**In Speccy, under the info on the HDD it has a section called: SMART and the first one reads:
    01 Read Error Rate 200 (200 worst) Data 0000000000
    (My computer is overall slow, im guessing that is a reason?)

I now plan on getting the EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti DS Superclocked 1024 MB GDDR5 after reading Marest's post.

Basically with everything I have mentioned and my goal to play atleast SW:TOR by next week, what would be the 2 other main things I should for sure get before anything else?

Thanks so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Any specific reason as to why you are going for the ASRock Fatal1ty P67 motherboard? Looking over your other components (more specifically the GPU) I'd suggest a better distribution of your budget, especially since you mentioned BF3. That said, how much are you looking to spend?

At glance, here are my suggestions:
    - Downgrade the motherboard to a good mid-range P67 board. Should save you $20-30.
    - Get cheaper (value) 1600MHZ RAM modules. For example G.Skill Value or Patriot Signature. You will not notice the difference.
    - Are you planning to overclock? If yes, you might want to get an aftermarket cooler (e.g. CM Hyper 212+). If no, you could downgrade to the i5 2400.
    - Upgrade the GPU to at least a 560 Ti or a Radeon 6950.

Also, what kind of PSU do you have?
    What this guys says and get a mobo with a z68 chipset instead of a p67. z68 chipset has all the functions of the older h67 and p67 and a nice feature called smart response, this will speed up ur hdd if u buy a small ssd alot and besides that a z68 mobo isn't that expensive compared to p67 ones.
    Besides that the pc u made will run swtor a bf3 easy