Buying TOR today; need help on a server!

Hello everyone! I just wanted to know if there is a list of some kind of servers and population on them, I tried googling it, but did not really find any information.

I plan on playing as The Republic first, and I would greatly like a server that was at least 50/50, not dominated by Empire. I would prefer an RP/non-pvp server (If such a thing exists? I honestly do not know) I do not really want a max pop server either, I play on one in WoW and it gets annoying sometimes! I am a fairly competent WoW raider, firelord, 6/8 heroic currently, blah blah, so nice raiding scene would also be cool!

Thank you for your help! And the "RP server" is not 100% needed, a straight "pve" one would do just fine as well.

There isn't really "established" servers yet. Just choose a Heavy/Full population PvE server and roll with it.
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by .Aen View Post
    There isn't really "established" servers yet. Just choose a Heavy/Full population PvE server and roll with it.
    do this, i picked a medium occupancy server and with i didnt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the game

If I were you I would try and log in around peak playing times (early/mid evening) in order to see an accurate size of the servers you have at your disposal. After that since you want a decent sized server but not full to bursting I'd recommend a "Heavy" server since they can go past that into the "Very Heavy" and "Full" status.

Sadly there isn't much of a way to tell about Republic/Empire status yet, I know my home server of Kaas City is fairly packed in the evenings and we're probably about a 65/35 leaning Empire. I seem to get Huttball quite a bit on the Empire side.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    Hello everyone! I just wanted to know if there is a list of some kind of servers and population on them, I tried googling it, but did not really find any information.

I plan on playing as The Republic first, and I would greatly like a server that was at least 50/50, not dominated by Empire. I would prefer an RP/non-pvp server (If such a thing exists? I honestly do not know) I do not really want a max pop server either, I play on one in WoW and it gets annoying sometimes! I am a fairly competent WoW raider, firelord, 6/8 heroic currently, blah blah, so nice raiding scene would also be cool!

Thank you for your help! And the "RP server" is not 100% needed, a straight "pve" one would do just fine as well.
    There are RP servers that aren't PVP, just select RP, and stay away from the RP-PvP, and you'll be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    If I were you I would try and log in around peak playing times (early/mid evening) in order to see an accurate size of the servers you have at your disposal. After that since you want a decent sized server but not full to bursting I'd recommend a "Heavy" server since they can go past that into the "Very Heavy" and "Full" status.
    Very good advice. If you go with something that says Very Heavy or Full today, you may be sitting in queue come the weekend. Lots and lots of people playing this game.

Can you A. Go to wal-mart/wherever and buy the game, go home, install it, patch it, and play it? Or do you HAVE to use a credit card/game card right away, despite having the first month free? I am not going to get it if I have to pay for any sub on the first day, other then buying the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    Can you A. Go to wal-mart/wherever and buy the game, go home, install it, patch it, and play it? Or do you HAVE to use a credit card/game card right away, despite having the first month free? I am not going to get it if I have to pay for any sub on the first day, other then buying the game.
    you have to add a sub. so you need a CC. You WON'T be billed for it, though, till your 30 days are up.

Dunno why people don't know this. This is a thing every MMO Company does (if they have a sub fee)...

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

You have to put in subscription information but they do not charge you until your 30 days are up. They may put $1 on hold for a day but it will not be deducted from your bank account.