Where can i impove for ultraxion?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s...e/?s=593&e=870

dps improveable?

gear -
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...anarama/simple

Gear improveable?

This is just LFR btw

Ok, so i have a combustion problem, i have been watching the ammount my combustion ticks for and it is always under 10k.. i did a fight and i was a 18k ignite/LB up/Pyro dot UP.. but it was only 10k combustion tick... I don't understand..

Does it matter how far into the ignite it is before i cast combustion? if living bomb is up but only like 4seconds left? is that just as good as a fresh LB?? Also, for ignite, does it matter if it is right at the start of ignite or what??? If ignite is red on combustion helper but it is like a 16k ignite, what does that mean? It takes my pyroblast a while to travel to the boss, during that time i sometimes lose my ignite, so i have to wait another 20seconds for another pyro to proc

I just had a 26k ignite / pyro up / LB up (says combustonhelper) but my cumbustion was only 10018
    Last edited by Brianmage; 2012-01-04 at 11:55 PM.

Your first combustion was terrible, it was only ticking for 3718. You also only had 3 combustions. You *should* be able to squeeze out at least one more with the 4 set bonus.

LFR doesn't really count for a whole lot... you can sit out of the twilight realm the entire time due to hour of twilight only hitting you for like 100k and his hp is nerfed soo much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow 4 piece from LFR already? You're really lucky.

Anyway I commend this guy for actually coming and asking for help rather than thinking his class is broken, it's someone else's fault, etc. Unfortunately I have no answer for you, as I know nothing about Mages.

if you are trying to do the fight the right way (using heroic will), Heroic Will... will do override anything, so if you know your lag well enough you can cast until ultraxion nearly casts whatever the 45 second giant damage ability is before you hit heroic will and you lose almost no dps time, same rule applies to fading light, i've hit heroic will when the buff timer was at 0 and been safe, knowing your lag is important

yeah it was lfr i wasnt doing heroic will :P

---------- Post added 2012-01-04 at 11:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Your first combustion was terrible, it was only ticking for 3718. You also only had 3 combustions. You *should* be able to squeeze out at least one more with the 4 set bonus.

LFR doesn't really count for a whole lot... you can sit out of the twilight realm the entire time due to hour of twilight only hitting you for like 100k and his hp is nerfed soo much.
    For first combustion, i just hardcast pyro+living bomb? It was a 4minute 24second fight, you dont stack to 10 stacks before first combustion, do you..?

Quote Originally Posted by Quackie View Post
    Wow 4 piece from LFR already? You're really lucky.

Anyway I commend this guy for actually coming and asking for help rather than thinking his class is broken, it's someone else's fault, etc. Unfortunately I have no answer for you, as I know nothing about Mages.
    I do not think our class is broken, it is the best dps class in the game currently, but I know I am not that good at fire, simply because i suck at combustion timings, would like some tips on when best to use
    Last edited by Brianmage; 2012-01-04 at 11:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    living bomb + a big ignite (fireball or pyro crit)

don't combust without ignite

Deleted
    professions

Deleted
    Use combustion helper, your combustion are not up to par.

Well, I do use combustion helper, i wait for a 15k ignite then use combustion on all but first comb, on first comb, i just use combustion after a hardcast pyro... I do use combustion helper.. What minimum ignite should i wait for?

15k is basically the minimum I go for.

Ok, so i have a combustion problem, i have been watching the ammount my combustion ticks for and it is always under 10k.. i did a fight and i was a 18k ignite/LB up/Pyro dot UP.. but it was only 10k combustion tick... I don't understand..

Taken from the 4.3 Fire mage compendium
    Here is the breakdown of damage combustion does by components:

Combustion: 7374 tick - [100%]
    ----
    Ignite: 9704.8/2 = 4852.4 [65.8%]
    Living Bomb: 5612/3 = 1870.6 [25.35%]
    Pyroblast! dot: 1953/3 = 651 [8.8%]
    So Ignite/2 + LB/3 + Pyrodot/3 = combustion amount

Ok thanks, that helps..

So i wait for about a 15k ignite, is that good?

10+ Year Old Account
    IDK what's up with Combustion. I barely get over 10k ticks following the normal rules for Combustion. Back in t11 I used to get 14-16k ticks on Combustion.

10k ticks arent bad at all, i usually wait for a 20k+ ignite, minimum 18k-ish and then use combustion, it'll usually tick from 8-10k. but i also do occassionally get the 30k ignites which would make combustion tick for about 14-15k each. this coming from a 4pc 378 t12 mage. with no legendary =/

If you are running LFR lust at the start, the only reason I say this is because some jackass mage/shaman is going to lust at like 78% when you are 55secs out from your next combustion. make sure your opening is strong, build your combustion up during the BL phase then apply (dont wait to long though)

Looking at your logs you procs HS 22 times and caste pyroblast! 20 so you missed 2 HS, sometimes that is unavoidable due to them procing again before you finished your cast to lunch your pyro and if thats the reason nothing can be done. But if you actually could have cast them (only you will know that) obviously thats something that will increase your dps.

Get an addon that tracks your staff's proc ICD (I use heatsink ) and if combustion is up and your staff proc is <10 secs from coming off ICD hold off and wait for the proc as this will get you another tick. I see you did this 2x on your log, but from the looks of your actual combat log I think this was a healthy mistake instead of intended use.

I would change your boots for the 397 valor boots for the sole reason that you can get hit capped perfect (1742) and have a 1550 haste rating (I assume you are gearing for the 2005 haste with the 2p proc?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hyo View Post
    10k ticks arent bad at all, i usually wait for a 20k+ ignite, minimum 18k-ish and then use combustion, it'll usually tick from 8-10k. but i also do occassionally get the 30k ignites which would make combustion tick for about 14-15k each. this coming from a 4pc 378 t12 mage. with no legendary =/
    I know it's not bad, it just makes me cry a little inside. 359->396 and my combustion is weaker. Of course a lot of it is not waiting for back to back crits. I just pop it at soon as a crit shows up because I either am pressed for time to impact it or I need to combustion asap so the 4pc will make it line up with a boss phase later.

---------- Post added 2012-01-05 at 12:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Therdin View Post
    I would change your boots for the 397 valor boots for the sole reason that you can get hit capped perfect (1742) and have a 1505 haste rating (I assume you are gearing for the 2005 haste with the 2p proc?)
    Fixed. /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I know it's not bad, it just makes me cry a little inside. 359->396 and my combustion is weaker. Of course a lot of it is not waiting for back to back crits. I just pop it at soon as a crit shows up because I either am pressed for time to impact it or I need to combustion asap so the 4pc will make it line up with a boss phase later.

---------- Post added 2012-01-05 at 12:23 PM ----------

Fixed. /10char
    Dont fix my shit.

1550 is what his haste rating will be if he reforges right, 1505 is what he needs 1550 is what he WILL BE AT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Or he can run his gear through a reforge calculator to get even closer to 1505 instead?