Deleted

Problems with MoP Worldpvp (Constructive)

First of all I love that Blizzard have decided to release an expansion focusing on the struggles between horde and alliance.

What problems do I think will there be?

Horde/Alliance ratio on Realms are bad?
    - How about higher populated realms with more balance between the factions.
    - Give more advantage to the lower populated faction.

People on pvp-servers that don't want to pvp
    While I can't see why anyone wouldn't like pvp. Nothing better than beating down the other faction and taunt them afterwards. Making people know that you are better than them. (There might be balance issues and stuff).
    I can't see why noone would roll a pvp realm and just sit in the air on their flying mounts.

In the end if anyone gets low they will just use cyclone, blind/vanish, fear etc. and then fly away on their mounts. I miss the old world pvp where only rogues and hunters could get out of combat (not with dots on them tho).

People please enlighten me on this subject or post what problems we will encounter with this expansion.

Meh world pvp died w/ flyin mounts anyway, nightelf druids ftw btw for getin away . Problems are gonna be lets see for expac wise, Prob content, how good it is as in quality, at first heroics are gonna be actually a good challenge, get nerfed to bits 2weeks l8r. uhhm, lets see monks will be very OP or TERRRRRRRIBLE, people will qq about everything whichll result in things being easier then really needed. and ofc theirll be repeats of other expacs problems because everyone will qq about anything they can ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    Meh world pvp died w/ flyin mounts anyway, nightelf druids ftw btw for getin away . Problems are gonna be lets see for expac wise, Prob content, how good it is as in quality, at first heroics are gonna be actually a good challenge, get nerfed to bits 2weeks l8r. uhhm, lets see monks will be very OP or TERRRRRRRIBLE, people will qq about everything whichll result in things being easier then really needed. and ofc theirll be repeats of other expacs problems because everyone will qq about anything they can ^.^
    When are people going to get it into their heads, that world pvp started dying with battlegrounds and way before flying mounts.

World pvp will be ressurected by one thing only, the sense of reward, the reason for participating.
    That is why battlegrounds are popular, because you get rewarded irrespective of the result.
    The majority of the community won't do anything unless there is something in it for them.

World pvp needs to be about keeping control of a region or key point which offers some tangible benefit for doing so, and some benefit which remains desirable enough over content/expansion patches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    When are people going to get it into their heads, that world pvp started dying with battlegrounds and way before flying mounts.

World pvp will be ressurected by one thing only, the sense of reward, the reason for participating.
    That is why battlegrounds are popular, because you get rewarded irrespective of the result.
    The majority of the community won't do anything unless there is something in it for them.

World pvp needs to be about keeping control of a region or key point which offers some tangible benefit for doing so, and some benefit which remains desirable enough over content/expansion patches.
    Bolded for emphasis. But in reality, there was a lot of world PvP despite BGs, but it only occurred while leveling, depending on the zone. STV was easily the busiest place for it. When MoP comes out and with Blizzard's stance on not allowing flying mounts at first, it will be revived again, but only until most people hit the cap. It'll be the best time to play for people on PvP servers. After that, it's going to be the same ol' same ol'.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post

Like in TBC where you would get 5% extra xp or extra damage (don't remember what it was) for holding 3 flags in Outland? Something like that atleast.

World PvP didn't die with Battlegrounds, because world PvP is at it's peak during the leveling process.

I just think they should not let flying period in Pandaria. Stop this nonsense already. Doesn't matter if you're lvl 90, flying gives an absurdly "safe" way to travel around and gank people who did not hit cap yet, and to easily disengage as well in case you find yourself in a bad spot.

Should make it like a 1-3% damage/health/healing buff to all dungeons and raids. That should cause everybody to go crazy.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post
    World PvP didn't die with Battlegrounds, because world PvP is at it's peak during the leveling process.

I just think they should not let flying period in Pandaria. Stop this nonsense already. Doesn't matter if you're lvl 90, flying gives an absurdly "safe" way to travel around and gank people who did not hit cap yet, and to easily disengage as well in case you find yourself in a bad spot.
    i agree completely with the no flying thing, even during wrath we'd still have epic battles in hillsbrad foothills and all that died in cata. i miss my ground mounts anyway...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LichtTrauer View Post
    i miss my ground mounts anyway...
    ? whats stopping you using them now?

Flying mounts did not ruin world pvp, its not like people didn't get out of combat, mount and ride off on ground mounts. the only advantage got was by druids who could basicaly insta fly. The only thing flying mounts increased was the amount of times you got jumped unawares, but that still happened with ground mounts. The tarren mill/southshore thing only happened because there was no other alternative at the time and was one of the few zones that lent itself well for a good fight.

Basicaly, theres alot more things to do that bring rewards than engaging in fighting the other side for no reward. I personaly think you should be able to cap each others cities.

Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    First of all I love that Blizzard have decided to release an expansion focusing on the struggles between horde and alliance.
    First of all, don't take this as a promise of PvP. And if it really turns out to be one, don't believe it; they've baited and switched like this more than once.

I'd rather read this as "Instead of fighting Rag, Nef, some old God, Illidan or Deathwing, the PvE (lore wise) will focus on the struggle between the Horde and Alliance."

What problems do I think will there be?

Horde/Alliance ratio on Realms are bad?
    - How about higher populated realms with more balance between the factions.
    - Give more advantage to the lower populated faction.
    Other games had and have the same problems. The only solution that ever really worked was clustering servers.

While I can't see why anyone wouldn't like pvp. Nothing better than beating down the other faction and taunt them afterwards. Making people know that you are better than them. (There might be balance issues and stuff).
    I can't see why noone would roll a pvp realm and just sit in the air on their flying mounts.
    You wait on your flying mount until you outnumber the enemy by enough to have an easy fight.

In the end if anyone gets low they will just use cyclone, blind/vanish, fear etc. and then fly away on their mounts. I miss the old world pvp where only rogues and hunters could get out of combat (not with dots on them tho).

People please enlighten me on this subject or post what problems we will encounter with this expansion.
    Problems? Well, there are a couple of things that would have to go in order for any meaningful PvP to resurge, e.g. Arenas, Battlegrounds, flying mounts, faction imbalances, the focus on PvE balance, the frantic nerf and buff cycle, ... and how likely is that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post

ppl who on pvp servers that dont want to pvp... thats too bad. Another reason why server transfer should be free. getting out of combat and fly away? lame... probably wont happen in real pvp zones but this is a small possibillity in normal zones. but this still means that you have won. and this was possible with epic mounts too, its just a bit easier now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    ppl who on pvp servers that dont want to pvp... thats too bad. Another reason why server transfer should be free. getting out of combat and fly away? lame... probably wont happen in real pvp zones but this is a small possibillity in normal zones. but this still means that you have won. and this was possible with epic mounts too, its just a bit easier now.
    The problem with flying mounts is that they basically create a global safe zone. If someone is camping in a guarded town you can just move away. But what do you do when someone is hovering above you, waiting for you to engage in a fight to then swoop in and assjam?

oh god i hate that.....

"I PLAY ON A PVP SERVER AND I DON'T WANT TO PVP OR BE KILLED BY OTHER PLAYERS" what kind of person is plays on a pvp server and gets mad and blames blizzard when he gets killed in pvp