Are there any traps?

So yeah, been watching some beta footage around the web, but haven't see any traps when destroying barrels or looting dead militia men like there were in D2. Did they remove the traps in D3 or only in the Beta? :b

Quote Originally Posted by Xelius View Post
    So yeah, been watching some beta footage around the web, but haven't see any traps when destroying barrels or looting dead militia men like there were in D2. Did they remove the traps in D3 or only in the Beta? :b
    I hope there aren't any traps. In Diablo 2 you could always just hit a potion if something hurt you. In Diablo 3 you need to pick up health globes from killing things, and potions are a cooldown ability. If you can get damaged by barrels and chests, it's not all that fair for the way the game is designed.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    <video>
    Yep, that looks like a trap! Man I can't wait for that game, it's gonna addict the hell out of me.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Friendzie View Post
    I hope there aren't any traps. In Diablo 2 you could always just hit a potion if something hurt you. In Diablo 3 you need to pick up health globes from killing things, and potions are a cooldown ability. If you can get damaged by barrels and chests, it's not all that fair for the way the game is designed.
    Or you could just not walk around smashing things at close range that have a chance to blow up when you're low on health....

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Or you could just not walk around smashing things at close range that have a chance to blow up when you're low on health....
    Watch the video. The trap shown includes getting locked in a room with a lot of monsters. This goes along perfectly with what I'm saying that the only reasonable way to regain health in normal circumstances is by killing monsters.

You gotta keep in mind the monk in the video i put up did not kill the glowing constructs on the four pillars that were spawning skellies and ended up getting overwhelmed. If any of you saw the very first game-play video of D3 shown at the WWI back in 2008, you might remember that there was a similar trap and the barbarian quickly dispatched the constructs coming out alive.

If you don't like this system, fair enough. Id rather have a game that throws in plenty of challenging surprises like this, than run around one shotting stuff on my way to max level. Not to mention this is a great slap in the face to all the haters claiming the game is way too easy.

Also, every class has skills (some when runed) to lifesteal / heal / reduce damage so health pots and orbs aren't your only options unless you want to make them your only options.

aww great traps are just going to be great lol!