Page 16 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Chose how? Where are counters for fires, barricades, entire event progress then? Where are the failure timer, or defenders count, or village health, or control slider? I. e. where's any indication this event can fail? How can I know you don't make things up, because there's no visible proof on that screenshot?
    He chose to kill the attackers/ occupiers first, and thus, that's the counter that's shown. If he put out a fire first, that's what the counter would show. If he put out some fires and fought off some attackers, the counter would show both.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Didn't totalbiscuits vids show that? Can't remember how DE objectives are tracked in game...but really, the question itself in most cases is irrelevant.
    It's not "kill 10 pirates" it's save the village by killing the pirates...i doubt most of the time numbers will be involved. That's the nature of the dynamic content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Didn't totalbiscuits vids show that? Can't remember how DE objectives are tracked in game...but really, the question itself in most cases is irrelevant.
    It's not "kill 10 pirates" it's save the village by killing the pirates...i doubt most of the time numbers will be involved. That's the nature of the dynamic content.
    That's a good point, I mean, just because there are 11 enemies still occupying the the village, that doesn't mean you have to kill all 11, you may just have to kill like half and the rest will retreat or something.

I mean, it's really hard for 5 guys to hold a village.

Yeah....they could run...they could get reinforcements...or they could fight to the death, maybe depending on if they have a leader or not. Don't know exactly how mobile the reactions of the pirates would be in that particular situation though. Would love it if they could be that dynamic.

But the main point is that it's the objective to save the village...not "kill 10 ppl standing in a field like cows." And ofc that opens up the possibility for so many things to happen around that objective.

Well, at first I had been fairly apathetic about GW2, but all the wonderful info here has changed my mind. Can't wait to try it!

Quote Originally Posted by Derian View Post
    Well, at first I had been fairly apathetic about GW2, but all the wonderful info here has changed my mind. Can't wait to try it!
    Good! Glad you're liking the look of the game

Deleted
    And in some DE's you could start killing some mobs but you could also collect items that someone in the DE wants, extinguish fires, collect scrap metal and other tasks to complete the DE.

This TotalBiscuit vid pretty much sums it up at 4:42

Lmfao... You aren't too bright, are you Tackhisis? Everyone please report this troll, maybe we can get him a perma IP ban this time.

"...so you can choose what you wanna do..., that it actually really good..."

yeah, I love his videos, there are some more from him, doings some PvP too... nice ones

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Lmfao... You aren't too bright, are you Tackhisis? Everyone please report this troll, maybe we can get him a perma IP ban this time.
    We've tried.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    We've tried.
    More than once probably.

I do hope TB will be able to bring some nice videos of GW2 in the future, he really has some power to get this game known to people.

I admire Tackhiss, I've never seen someone hate something so much for such an extended period of time before.

Deleted
    I've lost count of the amount times they've been banned for bashing every other game on here.

Deleted
    Hello!

I know everyone here are huge GW2 fans and I really like much of what have been said in this thread. But I can't be hyped for a game when all I hear is positive (might sound strange to you, but that's me). So please tell me what you don't like so far. There got to be something, no game is perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uranax View Post
    Hello!

I know everyone here are huge GW2 fans and I really like much of what have been said in this thread. But I can't be hyped for a game when all I hear is positive (might sound strange to you, but that's me). So please tell me what you don't like so far. There got to be something, no game is perfect.
    There's a thread somewhere between pages 14-20 (it's like 40 pages long) of this subform where it talks about what people don't like about GW2. It was closed because it was turned into a complete flamefest, but it should give you an idea.

Also, please don't ask for that again, because with out a doubt, it will not end well.

Deleted
    Dunno if this is the thread that Blznsmri mentions but it's pretty similar: GW2 likes and dislikes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    Dunno if this is the thread that Blznsmri mentions but it's pretty similar: GW2 likes and dislikes
    Nah, this is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    And in some DE's you could start killing some mobs but you could also collect items that someone in the DE wants, extinguish fires, collect scrap metal and other tasks to complete the DE.

This TotalBiscuit vid pretty much sums it up at 4:42

Every time i see one of his videos on GW2 I think i have a nerdgasm, because just seeing the gameplay alone looks awesome.

Definitely will make a Charr character at some point, their starting zone looks pretty cool
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Uranax View Post
    Hello!

Hi there

I understand your concern, the problem is: most of the "I don't like"s (about 97%) are filled with misinformation about the game. It's really becoming a flamewar because a lot of users claim to know the truth and spread those misconstruktions like a plaque. Even the guys who know a lot about the game can't correct all those statements. There are also some very clever posters here (that have been banned several times, for example) who troll based on most common misconceptions... they probably know a lot about the game and know how they can hurt. For example: (a several times banned user) opened a Thread about Barber Shops and asked if there are any in GW2. The fact is: in GW1 you could change your hairstyle in the shop with real cash. He probably knew this and wanted to hurt the game this way. We still don't know how hairstylechanges are handled in GW2 though.

You see, it's hard to find actual negative points here for this game without being sure it isn't a troll-attack.

most negative points I can think of have been adressed by arenanet, so there is a reason why some things aren't as someone would suppose. It's really better to read information about the game and try to read between the lines; get informed (find a interview where developers explain things), there are some great interviews out there.

here's a good one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7WLnaNw8r8M#!
    there are more of those panels out there, it takes time... but it's worth the effort imho.
    Last edited by Maarius; 2012-01-21 at 01:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Every time i see one of his videos on GW2 I think i have a nerdgasm, because just seeing the gameplay alone looks awesome.

Definitely will make a Charr character at some point, their starting zone looks pretty cool
    As polished and beautiful as the official teaser videos are, these are the videos that really get me excited. I love the gameplay demo videos, especially the Totalbiscuit ones, because it's fun to see someone play through the content and discover things right alongside them - and the commentary is great! When someone playing through a demo gets excited about something they're finding or learning, I get excited. It makes me want to play the game all that much more.