Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkeeee View Post
    So i've been playing SWTOR and wasn't interested at all in this game till a friend of mine told me to look at a video of top 10reasons to play GW2....after reading the majority of the 1st post, i think i'll be buying this game
    Thank you for learning about the game before deciding to buy it.

Servers - Most MMOs have many servers and create very secluded communities with tons of people you’re very unlikely to ever play with. GW2 is doing things a bit differently by keeping the “Districts” concept from GW1, but this doesn’t mean everything is instanced. In fact it’s the complete opposite, “Worlds” or “Servers” will be entirely persistent as you’d expect from most other MMOs. Where this differs is say you’re on Server A and I’m on Server B, well I can just quickly and painlessly move from my server to yours with a simple click of the UI from within the game. These server transfers are completely FREE, you will pay no real money to do this. There is one small thing that must be noted, in order to prevent people from just switching to the server that wins WvWvW every 2 weeks, you’ll be unable to take part in WvWvW for an unknown amount of time after moving servers.

Another way to explain this is imagine you’re playing X MMO and every server that the game is currently running in the world was linked up to a central database. Within that any player could switch between any server at any time allowing you to play with ANYONE who’s playing the game. Imagine, you could form friendships and guilds on different servers all with the same character.

Is this true? Free server transfers?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by fletchdwb View Post
    Is this true? Free server transfers?!?!?
    He's banned, so replying to this is pretty pointless.. but for anyone else curious, guesting is free and can be done any time so you are able to do everything except WvW (for obvious reasons) with friends that are on other servers.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think I posted this originally in the wrong thread. So here goes, I feel really -really- stupid asking this question, but is there an equivalent to a /who <guild> function in GW2?

I did want to be a part of the MMOC guild during the BWE's, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to search for people by guild... once answered, I'm sure I'll feel like a dumbass.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

I have pre-purchased the game. In my account login I can download the client. Is this only for beta/stress testing or I can install it now and be ready for the release? (probably has been asked many times but 51 pages of posts is not easy to read :P )
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    I have pre-purchased the game. In my account login I can download the client. Is this only for beta/stress testing or I can install it now and be ready for the release? (probably has been asked many times but 51 pages of posts is not easy to read :P )
    The beta client will be updated/patched to the full release client.

Btw, is sPvP cross-server or single-server?

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    The beta client will be updated/patched to the full release client.
    thanks you
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    Btw, is sPvP cross-server or single-server?
    Pretty sure it's cross server.

Well while I was indifferent all these months with GW2 I suddenly became very excited and now I can't wait the time to login and play. Also, the last 2 days I have started reading a lot about the game and have some questions. I read that once you hit level 80 you still get experience and once you hit level 81, you go automatically back to 80 but you gain some sort of currency. With this currency you then buy some legendary gear after a very very long time (doesn't matter).

a) I know gear don't make much difference, but as much it does, is this supposed to be the best gear available?
    b) Is there activities in level 80 that grants you lots of experience and eventually allow you to acquire that set faster than others? I ll be more straight about this, does structured and professional pvp going to give x10 or x20 more xp at level cap while "solo" players that will mostly run DEs and do some crafting get the less of experience? So is this legendary set a realistic goal for the pro pvp players and a summer dream for the rest?or everybody gets a fair amount of xp regardless their activity?
    c) Is this experience stored at the account, like legacy experience does in swtor? I mean if I have 2 level 80 characters and play both, does the xp gain stack from both or both have their separate xp?

Well, don't blame me that I think about the gear in a game that gear isn't your "goal" but I am really excited that it may be possible to get a very good gear without raids or arena pvp matches. Just by playing the game and exploring/completing DEs. Also something that concerns me is the rush for the name catch. I am already stressed about this and my first 5 character creations will be "next button" spam, quickly type the name and again repeat. I even afraid that when I actually got some names and want to delete a character and then calmly re-create him, still there is possibility to lose the name, cause millions of players will do this every second..I wish they let us create the characters first 1-2 days before the game and then to only have to name them

Deleted
    a) I know gear don't make much difference, but as much it does, is this supposed to be the best gear available?
    b) Is there activities in level 80 that grants you lots of experience and eventually allow you to acquire that set faster than others? I ll be more straight about this, does structured and professional pvp going to give x10 or x20 more xp at level cap while "solo" players that will mostly run DEs and do some crafting get the less of experience? So is this legendary set a realistic goal for the pro pvp players and a summer dream for the rest?or everybody gets a fair amount of xp regardless their activity?
    c) Is this experience stored at the account, like legacy experience does in swtor? I mean if I have 2 level 80 characters and play both, does the xp gain stack from both or both have their separate xp?
    a) Legendary gear is just as good as Exotic gear; in other words, it won't be "best in slot" by any stretch of the imagination, but it will be really cool-looking. Essentially you spend skill points (that's the "currency" you keep getting) on cosmetic stuff.
    b) There is no activity at max level that grants more experience than anything you could've done on your path to max level, no. Everything will be just as viable; no more, no less.
    c) Each character gains experience for itself, both before and after max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    a) Legendary gear is just as good as Exotic gear; in other words, it won't be "best in slot" by any stretch of the imagination, but it will be really cool-looking. Essentially you spend skill points (that's the "currency" you keep getting) on cosmetic stuff.
    b) There is no activity at max level that grants more experience than anything you could've done on your path to max level, no. Everything will be just as viable; no more, no less.
    c) Each character gains experience for itself, both before and after max level.
    thanks :P Not that I know what the exotic gear is from but I get the point

As far as for nice looking armor this is really up to the person. For example http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...-names-female/ light armor on female. Believe it or not, from all the light armor sets in there, the starter armor is what I like most :P so probably there is no hunt for nice looking armor for my Elementalist :P But in the Heavy armor sets, I like the last one most, the so called Cultural: Human T3. Anyway thanks for the info!

Deleted
    thanks :P Not that I know what the exotic gear is from but I get the point
    In WoW terms, Exotic is the equivalent of Epic - it's something you don't really see until max level (or close to max level), but once there, it's not really hard to get if you put some effort into it. For example, you could get them as drops from (or bought with tokens from) dungeons.

Nice :P I understand it now..I also found this thread very helpful http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...d-you-updated/

it seems that crafting is the easier way to gear up, cause I heard that exploration mode of dungeons are really very hard...also the heavy armor that I liked a lot can be just bought from a vendor for 20 gold per piece though I have no idea how much difficult is to get that much money, especially in a fresh MMO where everyone will be low on gold and you cannot just sell stuff at the market for easy money :P

Thank you OP

Sorr this runied it for me.
    Active Combat – No more trading blows with a mob in whack-a-mole combat. Damage in the game is avoidable, if an enemy is lining up a big spell, you can dodge it and keep on fighting. Positioning relative to your enemy and your allies will be a key factor during combat, among other things.

Tera did this and that game is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    Active Combat – No more trading blows with a mob in whack-a-mole combat. Damage in the game is avoidable, if an enemy is lining up a big spell, you can dodge it and keep on fighting. Positioning relative to your enemy and your allies will be a key factor during combat, among other things.

Tera locked you in place. Guild Wars 2 doesn't. But I'm glad you actually read this instead of having someone be the scapegoat for you to make uninformed opinions about.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

W..wait what?
    So the game sharing one feature with a game you dislike = bad game? Geez. I'll be sure not to mention that WoW wasn't the first to come up with a lot of their ideas, like transmogrification.

Just stay in wow, no need to leave your comfort zone.

Deleted
    Fantastic thread, I will be using this to help convince my close friend to drop his wow subscription like I did.