Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Hello guys,
    is there any bonus except the 3 days faster start if one purchases the game now?
    The beta weekends are over, right?
    That's right, the headstart is the only reason to pre-purchase the game - but on the other hand, there's also no reason not to pre-purchase it now. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Hello guys,
    is there any bonus except the 3 days faster start if one purchases the game now?
    The beta weekends are over, right?
    you get a heroes band aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    That's right, the headstart is the only reason to pre-purchase the game - but on the other hand, there's also no reason not to pre-purchase it now. :P
    Except, you know, money. =P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Except, you know, money. =P
    Just take a loan. :P

Don't take loans, kids.

This is my official statement that the OP of this thread is to blame for 1. Making me pre-purchase the game. 2. Cause of my death if I play this game for 60+ hours straight with no bathroom breaks.

OP's awesome post is what convinced me to give this game a try.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP did a great job on the info!

Wholly thread of all threads Batman! Lot's of info. Will have to have some time to read that first thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    I only have one question after reading all that. People in Beta do they actually deliver?
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleo View Post
    I only have one question after reading all that. People in Beta do they actually deliver?
    Everything they promised is in there one way or another, with a tweak here or there. For the first 2 zones that is. The only thing they scarped is auto scaling up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good job. I'm speechless . Have only begun to read it but it's very very verryyy usefull.

THANK YOU

Deleted
    maybe is a noob question but i never played GW2 and i was wondering: in GW2 are there flying mounts like wow? Or only ground? I know it might be a noob question but personally i love collecting mounts :3
    Last edited by mmocfc5a216b0e; 2012-08-01 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghurzuk View Post
    maybe is a noob question but i never played GW2 and i was wondering: in GW2 are there flying mounts like wow? Or only ground? I know it might be a noob question but personally i love collecting mounts :3
    There is no mounts at all, you use waypoints to travel around the world.

No mounts in the game at all as of now. Arenanet have not said that they will never put mounts in to the game in the future, if it is purely for eye-candy aesthetics but they wont be mounts you could use to zip about the world.

Guild Wars 2 does not need mounts in the game as they diminish the immersion of wanderlust and exploration and ofc the grand sense of scale if you are moving about very quickly. If you need o move about fast you have waypoints you can use.

Deleted
    No no i explained myself badly

I dont want mount to reduce exploration of the world. I simply asked about mounts, slow off, simply cuz an horse would bring you around a little more faster than walking. I know in wow exploration is non existent, that's why i asked. I played in vanilla and the idea of ground only mounts is good.

No no i explained myself badly

I dont want mount to reduce exploration of the world. I simply asked about mounts, slow off, simply cuz an horse would bring you around a little more faster than walking. I know in wow exploration is non existent, that's why i asked. I played in vanilla and the idea of ground only mounts is good.
    You automatically move faster when out of combat, but there are no mounts currently in the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    You automatically move faster when out of combat, but there are no mounts currently in the game.
    There is also a boon named Swiftness that'll cause you to move faster in combat as well as out of it (on top of the natural quicker movement out of combat) which can be acquired from certain abilities and items. Also, you can get a Swiftness boon in cities that have an extended duration (something like 5 minutes, methinks).

Finally, I'll just point out that ANet has said there will be no mounts in the game at release. They have also said that there will be no flying mounts in the game, ever. These two statements were published in conjuncture.
    Last edited by mmoc10ec13b383; 2012-08-01 at 06:07 PM.

Is it true that: guilds will have a levels, the guild size will be dependant on its level, and upgrade of guild level will require in-game gold? I.e. a regurgitation of L2 clan system, basically.

Was looking for some info on race specific abilities. Are they all open to you or does it depend on what you chose in your story. For example. If I chose to be a Human necromancer and in my origin story if I chose to worship Grenth, could I not use the Hounds of Balthazar elite skill because of that?

OP might consider putting race specific abilites under each race.
    In my day we didn't have World of Warcraft or Guild Wars. We had World War 2, and when you shot at the Germans it aggroed five thousand of their friends!

"A blind, deaf, comatose lobotomy patient could feel my anger!!"

Racial abilities do not depend on personal story choices. I will also add that racials can not be used in Spvp due to potential racial imbalance.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky