[Books] Recommend me a book

So, I just finished "the girl with the dragon tattoo" and want a good book to read before i start the next one so i don't get burnt out on the series. I'm open to just about anything, but i'm not really in the mood for fantasy. Can anyone suggest a really good that you've read?

(I've read a few of the books in A Song of Ice and Fire, so you don't have to suggest those. I know that's the most commonly recommended series on these forums)

We Have Always Lived In The Castle by Shirley Jackson

10+ Year Old Account
    Malus Darkblade, by Dan Abnett.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    We Have Always Lived In The Castle by Shirley Jackson
    What is this one about? I looked it up on wikipedia, but their summary seemed like it would spoil the whole book if i read it

We Have Always Lived In The Castle is an odd one to describe, it's about a couple of girls who live in their old family house with their disabled uncle. the opening line...
    My name is Mary Katherine Blackwood. I dislike washing myself, and dogs, and noise. I like my sister Constance, and Richard Plantagenet, and Amanita phalloides, the death-cap mushroom. Everyone else in my family is dead.

the temeraire series is good but its already at 6 books so it might not be for you if you want something stand alone
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

Deleted
    If you liked Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, then anything from writers like Tom Clancy or John Grisham should be good idea.

The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty.