Good brand for low noise case fans and cpu cooler

Building a new rig with a Haf X as my platform. I'm really wanting to keep this one as quiet as possible because my current rig is going to my girlfriend and will be in the same room. Gotta keep the noise level of this one down cause double what I currently have wouldn't be tollerable. I'd like to replace (and likely add additional) the CM fans (unless they've gotten a lot quieter since my CM690).

I've done a forum search, but I got all kinds of hits for various parts of my search.

As far as the CPU cooler... At first I was looking at the corsair H100 because of a video I saw comparing it to the NH-D14 and the Silver Arrow. At low fan speeds (less noise) the H100 performed better by a significant (a few degrees, but that's a good bit from what I've read thus far) amount. I also like the fact that the H100 doesn't cover basically the entire top half of my MOBO (call me odd, I want to keep it looking neat and open). I'm now up in the air because of some more reading and thoughts of a possible leak. At this point, I'm lost and need some advice. I do plan on OC'n the CPU.

CPU: 2500k
    MOBO: Asus P8Z68-V PRO

10+ Year Old Account
    Go for it. Possible leaks will be covered by Corsair, if they ruin any parts. Also, it's very very infrequent, just like dead mobos and stuff from reputable companies. Inany case, you may want to go with non-stock fans on it, they're good but kinda' loud.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I don't like the H100, just because you really need some good SP fans to get the same performance at higher OCs as the D14. But if it's noise you are concerned with, and cleanliness above your mobo, the H100 is a good choice.

The Silver Arrow seems to be the best choice for you.
    However, you could go with the H100 anyway, as the HAF X isn't really quiet, so the noise the H100 produces won't really be the achilles heel.

Suggestions for case; Lian Li PC-V2120B - with extra sound dampening padding
    Suggestion for case fans; Thermalright X-Silent

Edit again, I haven't had the H100 or the H80. I haven't heard either, or any of the ones since Corsair bought CoolIt.
    However, in the previous versions, from Asetek, the pumps weren't exactly silent. If the H100 is, and you get the X-silent 120mm from Thermalright on them, by all means, it's the best choice.
    Leaks? The chances of this happening is less than a tenth of the chance of anything being DOA. I have yet to see a report of a leaking non-Asera bought closed-loop liquid cooler.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-01-06 at 04:51 AM.

The pump on the H100 is inaudible the stock fans on the other hand ... dont run them at 2000rpm ahah 1300rpm is the sweet spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the H100 and it is really nice, not that loud on 1/3 or 2/3 speed but a tad more louder on max speed but 2/3 should be more than enough for you.
    If you want, replace the fans with new ones from Noctua and your set for some good airflow with little noise even at max speed.

Anyway i give the H100 9.5 / 10.

I am cooling a i7 2600k btw.
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

The fans aren't that quiet even on 1300rpm. Even the new Noctua fans aren't very quiet at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    The Silver Arrow seems to be the best choice for you.
    However, you could go with the H100 anyway, as the HAF X isn't really quiet, so the noise the H100 produces won't really be the achilles heel.

Suggestions for case; Lian Li PC-V2120B - with extra sound dampening padding
    Suggestion for case fans; Thermalright X-Silent

Edit again, I haven't had the H100 or the H80. I haven't heard either, or any of the ones since Corsair bought CoolIt.
    However, in the previous versions, from Asetek, the pumps weren't exactly silent. If the H100 is, and you get the X-silent 120mm from Thermalright on them, by all means, it's the best choice.
    Leaks? The chances of this happening is less than a tenth of the chance of anything being DOA. I have yet to see a report of a leaking non-Asera bought closed-loop liquid cooler.
    My closed loop water cooler sounds like a fridge compressor.

Not as loud but eh. At least I can't hear it at work because the plant is louder!

Also, were you implying that I said mine leaked? I don't remember that.
    red panda red panda red panda!

The NH-D14 is not something that would qualify for "silent", barely does so with the hardest volt-stranglers (my English bad today is.)

The one sitting in my computer would like to disagree. Noctua fans aren't really quiet unless you run them on 5v, and then they don't move a whole lot of air.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalis71 View Post
    True, but it's not loud enough to bother me.
    So why say it's silent?
    The HAF X is very small. At least not big enough to bother me.

Thanks for the input guys. I've been looking into the things you have all posted, but still haven't made up my mind yet... but then I only have my SSD so far and will be a piece by piece build