Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I am spec'd into that, you'd be an idiot not to have it. Knockbacks aren't going to save you when they can get back to you in 2 seconds, even while you kite.

I fought a Pyro merc once.

It was like shooting a puppy that was trying to scratch me.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    This guide still updated ?

Very nice and informative post, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    This guide still updated ?
    I will likely do some major updating after 1.2 hits. Unless you think you have some info that should go in now.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

Please start giving any feedback on 1.2 from the PTS if you have it. I haven't had an active sub for two months, and plan to re-sub after the patch. I'll update this guide sometime after I get the hang of playing again.

10+ Year Old Account
    In reply to the whole 'arsenal gearing' bit...

Crit will only need to be at 30% unbuffed.

Surge needs to be ~70%

Accuracy needs to be at 104%

You should be going for power after hitting those 'caps'. The reason you stick at 30% is because you get an additional 5% from the IA as well at 15% from your 2pc (which will be the same in 1.2). That is 50% crit on your tracer missile.

I currently have 2002 aim without buffs and 565 power. My crit is at 29.86% and my surge is somewhere around 69%.

Now for the spec:

[Afterburners] is completely useless in a PvE environment. Maybe while leveling it is useful, but for Operations it literally is useless. However- you can put those two points into [Integrated Systems] which increases the amount of healing you receive which in turn helps your healers out quite a bit.

For the 2 points you don't have selected- [Critical Reaction] will yield a DPS increase. While it is hardly noticeable to affect your Tracer Missile, it will put your unload at a 2.8sec cast time. The whole debate with terminal velocity is faulty since it only relies on the idea of using Tracer Missile and ONLY Tracer Missile.

I am not putting down your guide in the least bit, by the way! I just have done A LOT of theory crafting with this class with all of my free time since I have been clearing Nightmare modes for months now. If you care to have an open discussion about this class, I am more than willing to.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    In reply to the whole 'arsenal gearing' bit...

Crit will only need to be at 30% unbuffed.

Surge needs to be ~70%

Accuracy needs to be at 104%

You should be going for power after hitting those 'caps'. The reason you stick at 30% is because you get an additional 5% from the IA as well at 15% from your 2pc (which will be the same in 1.2). That is 50% crit on your tracer missile.

I currently have 2002 aim without buffs and 565 power. My crit is at 29.86% and my surge is somewhere around 69%.

Now for the spec:

[Afterburners] is completely useless in a PvE environment. Maybe while leveling it is useful, but for Operations it literally is useless. However- you can put those two points into [Integrated Systems] which increases the amount of healing you receive which in turn helps your healers out quite a bit.

For the 2 points you don't have selected- [Critical Reaction] will yield a DPS increase. While it is hardly noticeable to affect your Tracer Missile, it will put your unload at a 2.8sec cast time. The whole debate with terminal velocity is faulty since it only relies on the idea of using Tracer Missile and ONLY Tracer Missile.

I am not putting down your guide in the least bit, by the way! I just have done A LOT of theory crafting with this class with all of my free time since I have been clearing Nightmare modes for months now. If you care to have an open discussion about this class, I am more than willing to.
    I appreciate the advice and tips. I imagine my info is becoming quickly outdated. I haven't played much in the last couple of months.

One thing I'd like to note.. Afterburners (and Jet Escape) weren't taken by me with PvE solely in mind. They were taken because I love to both PvP and Raid, and without duel spec when I played (is it in yet?), it just made sense to go for it. For heroic flashpoints and for soloing elites (though not for any Operations I've done, as I was really good at managing my aggro), that little bit of extra boost from Jet Escape, or even the Knockback from Rocket Punch had been a lifesaver on more than one occasion. While I'm sure on Nightmare it would be completely worthless, I didn't feel like respeccing every single time I went to PvP or back to an Op. Kudos to those that do!

When I start a re-write of this after 1.2, any and all relevant information would be greatly appreciated!

10+ Year Old Account
    That information will still be top "pve" advice.

Since the set bonuses are still saying the same, we are looking at having the following soft caps:

30% Crit unbuffed

70% surge (critical multiplier)

104% Accuracy

With the current enhancements being 61 for hardmode, I am sure hitting those will be really easy. After those requirements are met- you go straight for power since power provides .02 more DPS than Aim, but does not provide any sort of crit increase. Aim is still priority, but for secondary stats Power is ontop.

That being said- for those who are reading and wanting to min/max, go and get ALL of the cunning datacrons. Cunning increases your tech bonus damage and tech crit. I think it gave me .8% more crit which is actually a nice boost.

Deleted
    Is this guide still viable ?

Deleted
    Still arsenal better than pyro for PVE ??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    Still arsenal better than pyro for PVE ??
    Yes it is.

---------- Post added 2012-04-12 at 04:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Its viable somewhat. For the stat preference, read what I put.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I didnt PTS, but I think rotations change a bit since the CD's have been changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    I didnt PTS, but I think rotations change a bit since the CD's have been changed.
    I will rewrite the changes in a post in a bit.

---------- Post added 2012-04-12 at 08:39 PM ----------

WITH THE 1.2 UPDATE:

Your priority for stats is as follows:

Aim --> Accuracy --> Power --> Crit --> Surge

You want your ACCURACY AT 104%

Crit needs to be at 30%

Surge needs to be at 70%

After those caps are it, STACK POWER INSTEAD.

Your rotation will not change. You will just use Unload more due to Barrage proccing more frequently. Its still the same priority system.

For PVP you obviously want to stack as much crit as you can. It's not about susstained dps, it's about killing that player before he kills you. Crits are going to get you there a whole lot faster than power.