Warmaster Blackhorn 10HC

Hi everybody,

My guild is trying to defeat this amazing boss for two weeks. We see some P2's but I have some questions for you guys.

First of all, here is our line up :

Tank
    Feral Druid
    Prot War

Heals
    Discipline Priest
    Resto Shaman
    Holy Paladin

DPS
    Arcane Mage
    Fire Mage
    Survival Hunter
    Combat rogue
    Affliction Warlock

I know that 6 of us could take solo Twilight Barrage and we all focus each Twilight Onslaught in order to let the skyboat take the least damages (nearly 1%).

I also know that fire appears every 25% damage on the boat (75, 50, 25) and firemen appear when the boat is burning every 15 sec.

In every P2 we had a lot of flammes on boat and firemen are so lazy ...

How do you manage the damage taken by the skyboat in order to have the best P2 without flammes ?
    We don't understand why during the fight, the boat take nearly 10-15 % damage without any Twilight Barrage and Twilight Onslaught.

Thank you guys in advance,

the enrage timer on the boss does not start at the start of the fight it actually starts the second the boss lands on the deck with this you can spend as much time as you like in P1 playing with your dick. the boss will only land if you kill the last drake meaning finish off the ground adds and leave the last drake up till there is little to no fire on the deck this fight is all about transition good luck mate

and 3 heals? i hope your dps's are beast, cause yesterday my guild killed it with 2 heals and he almost enraged(3~5 sec left). Ok it was our first time at phase 2, but it was kinda intense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by appz View Post
    Hi everybody,

I also know that fire appears every 25% damage on the boat (75, 50, 25) and firemen appear when the boat is burning every 15 sec.

Thank you guys in advance,
    Is that comfirmed?

My mistake ! Of course we are trying it with only 2 healers !

---------- Post added 2012-01-06 at 03:45 PM ----------

I also know that fire appears every 25% damage on the boat (75, 50, 25)...
    I swear it's true.

I must confirm it but i'd read this information in this board.

It's true that fire spawns every 25% but still there is a lot of RNG involved on how much fire there actually is on your ship at the beginning of P2. We had trys with 2% Gunship-HP were we had practically zero fires on the deck and we had trys with >25% HP and still the whole ship was on fire. It depends on where the firemen choose to start extinquish the flames (which is random), it depends on how often the flames decide to spread (which is random) and it depends where the flames spawn (which is random).
    Imo the best way to handle deck-fire in P2 is to practice P1 a lot until you can get to P2 without much problems and convert a try with few fires into a kill. Of course if you can only get into P2 every 20th try it can be very annoying when that try is one with a lot of fire.

We don't understand why during the fight, the boat take nearly 10-15 % damage without any Twilight Barrage and Twilight Onslaught.
    It's probably because of "Broadside" cast by Goriona (which is also described in the dungeon journal). It cant be avoided.
    It does damage equal to 20% of the REMAINING Ship-HP. So if your ship has 100% HP it will loose 20%. If it only has 50% left it will only loose 10%.
    Last edited by Knoxi; 2012-01-06 at 03:30 PM.

There is already a thread on this with excellent information, it helped us get a kill last night. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...er-Barrages-10
    They seemed to have hotfixed that stack on the adds so they wont charge thing, so ignore that. Basically we just let our dps ignore the barrages so they can tee off and get out of p1 before the boat dies. Sometimes the boat would explode late into the last wave, sometimes we would have fire issues, but this way you have almost no random deaths. We saw his feet hit the boat 5 times last night with this strat. Using the spread our and team soak we might have saw him come down twice in the 3 previous nights of attempts.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    The way we handled boat damage was we just have 1 tank soak as many barrages as he could when he wasn't tanking the adds, we had 1 tank doing both adds for my for cleaves because I play a combat rogue while the other ran around soaking, then we have everyone soak onslaughts except for the 3rd one was solo soaked by our spriest with dispersion.

Other than that it is up to the dps to kill the drakes ASAP so that they can't cast as many barrages.

Deleted
    We actually killed it the first time we got into P2 with everybody alive. How we handled soaking was simply 'if you can't solo soak don't do soak any'. For the big ones we used a cd rotation; auramastery and AMZ are the strongest CDs on this fight by far
    1st Barrier+auramastery
    2nd power infusion hpala wings raid wall
    3rd AMZ
    4th shadowpriest divine hymn, tranq

Also, use 2 healers, and get your disc to use atonement spec. We killed it about 2 seconds after enrage (me and shadowpriest gripping tank to kite like a boss) and I did about 400k damage to the boss with smite/holy fire so that can be the difference between a kill and a wipe.