"Router or Modem might be preventing internet connection"

This is what my computer, set up next to the one I am on right now, is saying. These two computers are on the same router/modem. All of the other diagnostics do nothing when clicked to repair. I switched the Ether net cable between the two comps and there was not difference. I tells me I am connected to an unidentified network, but only locally.

This began when I left the computer on overnight so it would buffer a show from Legendary (on gamebreaker.tv) and a couple of days before that, I was accessing my modem because I was attempting to re-download wow, but it was only trickling through a few Kbs at a time. I accessed my modem through the method that I thought would take me to the router, putting my IP into the address bar.

Those two things were the only different things I had done on the computer for months, does anyone have an idea what might be stopping me from connecting and how I can fix it?

bump in hopes of a suggestion

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you try calling your ISP?

I don't know what the ISP would have to do with one computer not getting access when all the others are, was there something specific about it you had in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonenz View Post
    I don't know what the ISP would have to do with one computer not getting access when all the others are, was there something specific about it you had in mind?
    Well a few quick things:
    Try Disabling/Enabling your network adapter
    Try Release/Renew Ip address

However there was a singular event of this happening to one of my old computers and it was because my psu went crazy and borked my mobo - long story short it fried my ethernet adpater on the back. I bought a standalone card to alleviate the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Latitude View Post
    Well a few quick things:
    Try Disabling/Enabling your network adapter
    Try Release/Renew Ip address
    I apparently have an LAC and an LAC 2, one is the modem and another is the Ethernet card I have the cord plugged into.
    The first, the modem, says it is unplugged, The second says it i an unidentified network.

After doing both of your suggestions, the problem still persists, Thanks for the help though.

How would I know if it screwed my mother board up, though?